The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

Outsanity

First off, I support.

Just a couple of suggestions...

1. Already been mentioned but, a guild.

2. Make the possiblity that you can get junk(like broken swords the general useless stuff I know you already have some in there.)

3. Digging up buried monsters? as a random event?

4.(also already suggested) archaeology room in house.

5. Teleport to tent?

6. Enchanted tools?

7. Making a possibility of destroying samples when trying to clean or excavate? (happens less often with higher lvls.)

Now just a few questions...

1. Has this been submitted to jagex?

2. Do you think that a market will be created for uncleaned samples and people will try to get xp just by cleaning them?

dea5.png

dea5.png

dea5.png

-

Free to play for life! probably

-

They are building a giant a giant underground crumpet factory. Why crumpets? Because they're European, and everyone knows the average Europeans diet is 51.012% crumpets. This is how Jagex plans to take over Europe, and eventually the world.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add Newfie Chris to support, thats a Very thought out skill guide :)

Kudos! :thumbsup:

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

First off, I support.

Just a couple of suggestions...

1. Already been mentioned but, a guild.

2. Make the possiblity that you can get junk(like broken swords the general useless stuff I know you already have some in there.)

3. Digging up buried monsters? as a random event?

4.(also already suggested) archaeology room in house.

5. Teleport to tent?

6. Enchanted tools?

7. Making a possibility of destroying samples when trying to clean or excavate? (happens less often with higher lvls.)

Now just a few questions...

1. Has this been submitted to jagex?

2. Do you think that a market will be created for uncleaned samples and people will try to get xp just by cleaning them?

1. Well...I have ideas on what could be in it, but I'm not going to lie, it's VERY annoying when people just say "Make a guild," but don't give input on what should be in it. Never suggest something vague like that unless you know specifically what kind of things you want in it.

2. Yeah, there's already plenty of junk you can get. No need what-so-ever to add more.

3. It's a possibility. Not a necessity right now though. Not something that is broken and therefore doesn't need to be fixed. Yes, it would improve it slightly, but the skill would definitely survive without it.

4. I actually originally had added a section to the private digsite section on an Archaeology room, but took it out as it was not fully developed. I do plan to add it, though.

5. Um, no. Why on earth would you add a teleport to a private digsite? That would make it too easy. You already don't need to really bank as it is, as all the item pieces are stackable.

6. Um. Wow. Vague much? Explain what you mean, and then MAYBE i can help you out on this one.

7. This is what really irritates me about you. You didn't read the guide, did you? You skimmed, and I specifically said to thoroughly read the whole thing before commenting. This is already IN the guide. I wish you would read everything next time.

1.a. No. It has not yet because I am not ready to submit it until I am 200% satisfied with everything I put into it. I plan to update and add more things in the future, and currently we need a larger supporter list.

2.a. I didn't make it clear in the guide, but Rock Samples are not tradable, therefore people cannot train the skill without actually getting their own samples, and this will keep people from making ridiculous amounts of cash off uncleaned samples.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

great guide. i support this 110%. only question is, with the ess armor, can u wear it into the law altar? cuz though u cant double laws, making more than 54 at a time would b nice (since familiars arent allowed in)

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Sorry we got off on a bad foot. I wish ou wouldn't have flamed me so much but I can't blame you for it-I know it must be annoying after a while. So, I decided to read the whole thing again (yes I did the first time) and I did see how clear the breaking sample thing was there. I guess I thought that with the brushes you meant that the chance of breaking was the brushes' chace of breaking and not the sample like with the troughs. So I'm going to re-run through my suggestions:

1. I'll get back to you on this

2. resolved

3. your desion

4. resolved

5. valid point

6. I'll put this at the bottom

7. me being stupid and reading the whole topic and first post (at least reading whole topic made me decide aginst mentioning that I thought rewards are too high which I see that they're not.)

Q+A1 Not much to say 'bout this thanks for the info.

Q+A2 That is pretty important and probably should be specified.

Now for those enchanted tools...

there are a couple ways we can go with this:

1. The standard method of enchantment: cosmics.

2. Adding gems to the tools and then enchanting with cosmics.

3. Adding a new rune (havent thought of good name) that is only obtainable through archaeology as the knowledge to make them has been lost for many years. (archaeology based digsite anyone?)

4. A combination of the above.

Possible benefits:

Faster digging, better rewards, lower chance of breaking (only the ones that can break of course), faster fissure reopening (maybe only at private digsites), better xp (maybe for a limited time/uses like fog rewards i.e. air runecrafting gloves) not being able to hurt yourself with tools, an archaeology stat bonus.

-

Also, I think what might end up happening is that people will get jumps every so often. What I mean by this is that once you get to the lvl required to clean a larger size sample you will have plenty stacked up in your bank and you will use those to jump past a few levels quickly. Was this your intention? Correct me if I'm wrong but that means you will have to run those higher lvl samples back to your bank untill you can clean them right? Was that intended? I'm sure your already aware of that but let me know. I' try to get back to you with some guild ideas sometime.

dea5.png

dea5.png

dea5.png

-

-

They are building a giant a giant underground crumpet factory. Why crumpets? Because they're European, and everyone knows the average Europeans diet is 51.012% crumpets. This is how Jagex plans to take over Europe, and eventually the world.

Dude this is Sweet! :thumbsup: It's well thought out and written! I support it 110% \' , but I was thinking shouldn't when making trowels it should be crafting since smithing doesnt mess with bones or stone stuff? Just a thought, but I stilll think its awesome! Add me to the list!

archsupportei2.png I Support Archaeology Skill 110%!

nito_rpg.png

Your Gaming Informer,

NitoRPG

I support, this looks like a very useful and fun to do skill.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

supporting but with one question.. p2p?

umm yes... isnt that quite obvious...

dea5.png

dea5.png

dea5.png

-

-

Added the "I ROCK ARCH" Shirt support signature to the support banner list.

And yes, of course the skill would be p2p. Jagex isn't going to release anymore f2p skills. They've said this before and you shouldn't expect otherwise.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

I wouldn't expect it but I wouldn't be suprised if it happened.

Quite an immature reason to not support something, so I guess your support isn't wanted anyway.

Just going to go ahead and be frank with that.

When are you going to learn that Jagex is not releasing any f2p skills? They've already made it very clear it's not happening. Members skills are THE biggest way to gain memberships. Why would they want to lose out on that?

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png