The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

Outsanity

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbdown: I DO NOT support, just for starters it takes away from the time period in which runescape exist. Archaeology itself is only about 150 years old.

Not saying the author did this, but for those suggesting additions to the skill stop suggesting things to make something you in RS easier.

I would like to wish you luck in future development in "The Archaeology Skill", though personally I would not like to see it implemented into RS, that is my opinion. Though I find that every Runescape Skill has its uses, so I'm sure I won't complain at all. Once again good luck, and great job on your development thus far. It is very noticable you've put alot of time and effort into this.

A very nice, constructive post. I'm very impressed. Everyone is allowed to like or dislike anything and have an opinion on it, so long as they know really why they like or dislike it and can explain it maturely and intelligently. You managed to do that! :)

That being said, and I'm not combatting your opinion, but Archaeology has been around for hundreds and hundreds of years. The mainstream archaeology that you speak of may have only been around within the past 200 years, but far and long before that, the human race has struggled to find out more about it's past through any evidence they could find. So, no, Archaeology has not just been around in the past 150 years.

And to tack onto that thought, Runescape is not really set in medieval times, I hope you're aware. Yes, it's overlying theme seems to be in that era, but then you get things like barrows (which they explains to be hundreds of years old), third age, weapons and monsters such as abyssal whips and demons, and let's not forget houses with dart boards, hangman and the games room.

As said, excellent post, and your decision to not support is respected.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Well personaly I think it is amzing, because I think it would really want RuneScape abit more special! :D

I suuport it, but one thing I changed about it is, when you "cut yourself digging" it should still continue

to happen thought the skill and at 99 it does not ever happen, and it should happen less and less as

you progress, not just at 1 - 15.

I support it, look at my sig :D

archskilllogoez7.png

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=703015][img=http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9172/archskilllogoez7.png][/url]

What's Runescape?

I would like to applaud you, however this is not what runescape needs right now. The idea is flawless, however i am understanding most players would appreciate another free skill, due to lack of them many players are leaving. I applaud you thoroughly in the quest for a new skill, with minor tweaks it could be usable. Add me as a supporter.

Support all the way!! Love this idea I will read more of it later please add me to support list (I put signature in for support) I just have to read the last part and please add me to support list :D.

EDIT: Fully read and its awesome wish Jagex would take the publics advice/ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
In honor of the new dinosaur familiar add-on to the guide I have made yet another support banner for those who would like to give this guide a little extra boost of help by putting it in their signature:

dinoadgx3.png

You can get the code for it in the second post of the thread.

Thanks everyone for supporting!

dont u need a pouch to make it a familiar and um have u posted this in skill suggestion on rs fourms

king_kapugen.png

My friend and I were talking about possible future skills now that sailing has been confirmed as not being a new skill. (thank god) And we were trying to think about what new skill they could possibly be working on and what skills could come out in the future. I mentioned archeology to him and we kind of figured that there is too much archeology themed stuff out already for it to become a skill.

After I read this however, I really want them to make it in any way possible. This is probably the best skill concept I've seen in a long time with the only other good one being...engineering i think? Your idea definitely beats that though. So I support it fully and I really hope it comes out.

darkjakx.png

It may be worth noting that under "dangers of archeology" you state that ... natural chemicals... , and I'm (fairly) sure that chemicals are man-made :P.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

I read this again.

Was a long time ago

After this I felt like getting members

Then I realised that thisn't an actual skill :cry:

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!