The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

Outsanity

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked it, but it seems like easy cash. I know that you have all the random events and stuff in, just seems like not enough. If you dropped the xp lower from the godwars alter room it would be better. I think its kind of crazy to have a fully functional alter in godwars, cause it would make the boss killing too easy. Its already pitifully easy to get the bandos kills as it is. You would get teams who ran in for a bandos or zammy kill, and then ran back out for a prayer recharge. It doesnt take that long to kill 40 hobgoblins or imps. Arma and Sara guys should still be hard, cause it takes so long to get the KC there.

Other then that, I love the idea. I would definitely use it. Even with every precaution, it would still be the fastest way to make money in the game. So i guess I support :) my only worry is that i will have all that cash and bandos will be dirt cheap........

pere_grin.png

I liked it, but it seems like easy cash. I know that you have all the random events and stuff in, just seems like not enough. If you dropped the xp lower from the godwars alter room it would be better. I think its kind of crazy to have a fully functional alter in godwars, cause it would make the boss killing too easy. Its already pitifully easy to get the bandos kills as it is. You would get teams who ran in for a bandos or zammy kill, and then ran back out for a prayer recharge. It doesnt take that long to kill 40 hobgoblins or imps. Arma and Sara guys should still be hard, cause it takes so long to get the KC there.

Other then that, I love the idea. I would definitely use it. Even with every precaution, it would still be the fastest way to make money in the game. So i guess I support :) my only worry is that i will have all that cash and bandos will be dirt cheap........

Easily fixed. I'll make it so that when you go down into the altar you lose your KC. Simple and done.

And I just want you to know it would not be the fastest way to make money. It would be decent, yes, around the same as 85 Mining once you hit about level 90, but I would not say it would be the fastest method, just an extremely good one.

Unless you get a Dragon 2h every hour at level 96 (which is highly unlikely, as it has about a 1 in 1,000 chance of obtaining) you probably couldn't make more than 600k an hour with this skill. Which, I won't lie, is very good, but you've got to be high leveled, and, let's face it, we need a new money making skill.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Easily fixed. I'll make it so that when you go down into the altar you lose your KC. Simple and done.

And I just want you to know it would not be the fastest way to make money. It would be decent, yes, around the same as 85 Mining once you hit about level 90, but I would not say it would be the fastest method, just an extremely good one.

Unless you get a Dragon 2h every hour at level 96 (which is highly unlikely, as it has about a 1 in 1,000 chance of obtaining) you probably couldn't make more than 600k an hour with this skill. Which, I won't lie, is very good, but you've got to be high leveled, and, let's face it, we need a new money making skill.

Losing your kill count is not the issue. When you enter the boss room, you lose your kill count. I am pointing out that it would be extremely cheaper and still relitively fast to leave after every boss kill, recharge your prayer, and reget your kill count. As it is, the boss room altar only works every 10 mins. Having a altar that works every time with such a huge bonus would basically nullify the need to bring any sort of prayer restoration to fight. THe higher lvls down there can already get 2 kills in without needing a recharge. If they were smart enough to pay a food runner, they would basically never need to stop killing. The bandos kc of 40 is already pitifully easy to get.

Another concern is people who just want to skill and stuff. There are people who use prayer to kill aviansies. having a altar down there would eliminate the need to bring any sort of prayer restoration. People would also be able to get a huge pile of monsters on them, pray protect, and kill whatever monster they wished with impunity.

I have not seen anything that makes 600k an hour that is easy to do. The best I can do is aviansies, and even there, I can only manage 400k and hour. Same with green drags, where I get 350k and hour and thats alot of work. I think the fact that jagex has given us several money hole skills means they think we have to much money anyway. Its unbelievable how common the GS is already, and am seeing more and more of every type of spirit shield. But then again, im from the good old days of RSC, I am a proud owner of a scythe, and I remember fondly the real skill it took to merchant. Now, with the trade rule and the grave stones, inflation is rampant. Your pretty much garunteed to get your items back when you die. I died at Dagonnoths, pretty much the farthest away you can get from anything, and i made it back in time to pick everything i dropped up. That was with the worst gravestone. People are saving alot more money now adays cause they never have to rebuy anything they die with.

pere_grin.png

Losing your kill count is not the issue. When you enter the boss room, you lose your kill count. I am pointing out that it would be extremely cheaper and still relitively fast to leave after every boss kill, recharge your prayer, and reget your kill count. As it is, the boss room altar only works every 10 mins. Having a altar that works every time with such a huge bonus would basically nullify the need to bring any sort of prayer restoration to fight. THe higher lvls down there can already get 2 kills in without needing a recharge. If they were smart enough to pay a food runner, they would basically never need to stop killing. The bandos kc of 40 is already pitifully easy to get.

Another concern is people who just want to skill and stuff. There are people who use prayer to kill aviansies. having a altar down there would eliminate the need to bring any sort of prayer restoration. People would also be able to get a huge pile of monsters on them, pray protect, and kill whatever monster they wished with impunity.

I have not seen anything that makes 600k an hour that is easy to do. The best I can do is aviansies, and even there, I can only manage 400k and hour. Same with green drags, where I get 350k and hour and thats alot of work. I think the fact that jagex has given us several money hole skills means they think we have to much money anyway. Its unbelievable how common the GS is already, and am seeing more and more of every type of spirit shield. But then again, im from the good old days of RSC, I am a proud owner of a scythe, and I remember fondly the real skill it took to merchant. Now, with the trade rule and the grave stones, inflation is rampant. Your pretty much garunteed to get your items back when you die. I died at Dagonnoths, pretty much the farthest away you can get from anything, and i made it back in time to pick everything i dropped up. That was with the worst gravestone. People are saving alot more money now adays cause they never have to rebuy anything they die with.

First off, if you think adding an altar is going to save you any money you are highly mistaken. It's EXACTLY the same as if you used an altar, in, say, lumbridge to restore prayer between your bandos runs. Only it's actually in the godwars and you get an extra 16 prayer points, which, in reality, isn't THAT useful. Yes, people can use the altar to basically stay at aviansies forever. But let's be truthful. The altar takes 96 Archaeology and 90 Prayer to even use. Chances are if you have these two skills you are high enough to be able to bring bones to peaches, and stay at avianies forever ANYWAY. This is just making it a little easier with less cost. Nothing too spectactual for a high level anyway.

I think you're blowing this out of proportion, also. You're trying to make the altar out to be extremely overpowered, when really it just makes things a tad easier and less expensive, which, ultimately, having a high level in a skill SHOULD do. So don't come in here and give me your rant about how Runescape is getting too easy and how much you think the trade limit and gravestones have ruined the game. That is an argument best left for a different time. Archaeology's purpose is to be useful and a good money maker. We haven't had a great money maker since Slayer or Runecrafting, and it's about time we get one.

Oh, and 750k an hour is achievable with Graahks while runecrafting natures at 91 rc, 600-700k gp an hour is now achievable easily at 85 mining now that pvp is back. (Rune has raised in price immensely since then, causing rune mining to increase in profit by over 66%.) 600k an hour is also easily obtained by killing spiritual mages for dragon boots, which requires slayer. And if you tack on harvesting ranarr or snapdragon herbs at the same time as one of the previous said money makers you increase that profit by about 100k an hour.

My point is, there are at least 3-4 skills we already have that enable extremely large amounts of profit per hour. This skill should be no different. Archaeology is supposed to be known as THE money making skill. That is the angle I'm taking with it. It's ok if you think this is overpowered, but I'm not going to change it just because you think it's too overpowered. It's really not, and I can tell you this from first hand experience of having skills at very high levels. I have personally made 600k an hour within 60 minutes of rune mining. With granite mining you can achieve 40k mining exp an hour, which is faster than a lot of other non-buyable skills, so 85 mining really doesn't take that long to get. And there are well over 25k people who can attest to that.

People want updates that help them. They want a high leveled skill that's ACTUALLY useful. They don't want a skill where their near hunreds of hours of training go unrewarded. If you train a skill to a level such as, in this case, 96, why shouldn't you be able to make a small aspect of your playing experienced considerably less stressful and slightly less costly?

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

First off, if you think adding an altar is going to save you any money you are highly mistaken. It's EXACTLY the same as if you used an altar, in, say, lumbridge to restore prayer between your bandos runs. Only it's actually in the godwars and you get an extra 16 prayer points, which, in reality, isn't THAT useful. Yes, people can use the altar to basically stay at aviansies forever. But let's be truthful. The altar takes 96 Archaeology and 90 Prayer to even use. Chances are if you have these two skills you are high enough to be able to bring bones to peaches, and stay at avianies forever ANYWAY. This is just making it a little easier with less cost. Nothing too spectactual for a high level anyway.

I think you're blowing this out of proportion, also. You're trying to make the altar out to be extremely overpowered, when really it just makes things a tad easier and less expensive, which, ultimately, having a high level in a skill SHOULD do. So don't come in here and give me your rant about how Runescape is getting too easy and how much you think the trade limit and gravestones have ruined the game. That is an argument best left for a different time. Archaeology's purpose is to be useful and a good money maker. We haven't had a great money maker since Slayer or Runecrafting, and it's about time we get one.

Oh, and 750k an hour is achievable with Graahks while runecrafting natures at 91 rc, 600-700k gp an hour is now achievable easily at 85 mining now that pvp is back. (Rune has raised in price immensely since then, causing rune mining to increase in profit by over 66%.) 600k an hour is also easily obtained by killing spiritual mages for dragon boots, which requires slayer. And if you tack on harvesting ranarr or snapdragon herbs at the same time as one of the previous said money makers you increase that profit by about 100k an hour.

My point is, there are at least 3-4 skills we already have that enable extremely large amounts of profit per hour. This skill should be no different. Archaeology is supposed to be known as THE money making skill. That is the angle I'm taking with it. It's ok if you think this is overpowered, but I'm not going to change it just because you think it's too overpowered. It's really not, and I can tell you this from first hand experience of having skills at very high levels. I have personally made 600k an hour within 60 minutes of rune mining. With granite mining you can achieve 40k mining exp an hour, which is faster than a lot of other non-buyable skills, so 85 mining really doesn't take that long to get. And there are well over 25k people who can attest to that.

People want updates that help them. They want a high leveled skill that's ACTUALLY useful. They don't want a skill where their near hunreds of hours of training go unrewarded. If you train a skill to a level such as, in this case, 96, why shouldn't you be able to make a small aspect of your playing experienced considerably less stressful and slightly less costly?

OK OK.......some of the things I see are not as bad as i thought. I don't have many of the required lvls to make a ton of money like that. Also, correct me if Im wrong, but in the proposition, with the new skill, it just said that the altar would take 90 prayer to use "to the fullest potential", or something like that. I took that to mean that it would take 90 prayer to be able to get the huge prayer bonus when you worship bones on the altar. I didn't think I read it through and it sounded to me that you could enter the chamber with just the 96 arch. I have never heard or seen of an altar that took prayer lvls just to pray at it.

Also, lets get this straight that im not ranting about how the trade limit and gravestones ruined the game. Yes, I hate the trade limit, but i was a fletcher and it basically doubled the price of my materials.....lol. And dont get me wrong, I love the gravestones. they basically saved me what was at the time 15mil in items. So that made me very happy. :)

The only thing that I really had a problem with was the high lvls who could sit in bandos. The KC is pitifully easy to get, and getting 2 kills without a prayer recharge is plenty of time a food runner to leave, restock sharks, and run back. With high QP, a runner could trade a full inv of sharks without a problem. What im worried about is the cheapening of Bandos. I kinda would like to have bandos stay as a nice symbol of wealth and everything. having it drop would be nice for everyone who cant afford it, but probably make the people who already spent the 30+mil for the set and GS a little upset. That is my only issue with the entire skill.

Mostly the only problem with me for the aviansies is that i see the prayer guys running around in monks robes or whatever, and stealing my aviansies. they never take damage!!! So thats just a personal annoyance of mine, a solid bones to peaches user. them not having to even spend money on prayer pots would just annoy me.

But let me get this straight, I do like the idea. I love the rewards, and i dont think that anything is overpowered or anything, except just the altar a little bit. Im sure that by the time, if ever, that this skill comes out, I will be waiting for the release so i can access the altar and sit in bandos forever. lol :)

But really, I do like the idea as a whole, so put me down on that support list........and it looks like im gonna go get my 85 mining lol. Thanks for the idea btw, i forgot about P2P so i was still thinking that rune was pretty much worthless like it used to be. :)

Support 99.9%

pere_grin.png

OK OK.......some of the things I see are not as bad as i thought. I don't have many of the required lvls to make a ton of money like that. Also, correct me if Im wrong, but in the proposition, with the new skill, it just said that the altar would take 90 prayer to use "to the fullest potential", or something like that. I took that to mean that it would take 90 prayer to be able to get the huge prayer bonus when you worship bones on the altar. I didn't think I read it through and it sounded to me that you could enter the chamber with just the 96 arch. I have never heard or seen of an altar that took prayer lvls just to pray at it.

Also, lets get this straight that im not ranting about how the trade limit and gravestones ruined the game. Yes, I hate the trade limit, but i was a fletcher and it basically doubled the price of my materials.....lol. And dont get me wrong, I love the gravestones. they basically saved me what was at the time 15mil in items. So that made me very happy. :)

The only thing that I really had a problem with was the high lvls who could sit in bandos. The KC is pitifully easy to get, and getting 2 kills without a prayer recharge is plenty of time a food runner to leave, restock sharks, and run back. With high QP, a runner could trade a full inv of sharks without a problem. What im worried about is the cheapening of Bandos. I kinda would like to have bandos stay as a nice symbol of wealth and everything. having it drop would be nice for everyone who cant afford it, but probably make the people who already spent the 30+mil for the set and GS a little upset. That is my only issue with the entire skill.

Mostly the only problem with me for the aviansies is that i see the prayer guys running around in monks robes or whatever, and stealing my aviansies. they never take damage!!! So thats just a personal annoyance of mine, a solid bones to peaches user. them not having to even spend money on prayer pots would just annoy me.

But let me get this straight, I do like the idea. I love the rewards, and i dont think that anything is overpowered or anything, except just the altar a little bit. Im sure that by the time, if ever, that this skill comes out, I will be waiting for the release so i can access the altar and sit in bandos forever. lol :)

But really, I do like the idea as a whole, so put me down on that support list........and it looks like im gonna go get my 85 mining lol. Thanks for the idea btw, i forgot about P2P so i was still thinking that rune was pretty much worthless like it used to be. :)

Support 99.9%

Yeah, I do see where you're coming from. But remember too, that people have to pay food runners gp unless I guess it's a really good friend helping out. Getting a food runner and using the altar to pray is more complicated than just simply teleporting out and coming back with restocked items. If someone has the patience to find food runners and deal with all that (and keep in mind they waste 2 inventory spots by needing a trowel and pickaxe to get into the altar room) they deserve to "camp" at GWD. =-p

And yeah, to clarify, you can get into any cavern with the correct archaeology level, but in order to use what's inside you need the secondary level as well. The entire altar would not work (any aspect of it) if you don't have at least 90 prayer.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

OK, thanks for clarifying :D If this skill ever gets introduced into the game, let the TipIters know ahead of time. Im gonna want to get ready to hit the ground running on it :thumbsup: My goal is to be the first camper at the GWD Bandos................hahaha! lol :P

pere_grin.png

When one thought this skill suggestion couldn't get any better you just step up and delivers even more added stuff to it! Superjob, Outsanity! That's why I have been a supporter from almost the start of this suggestion!

Sir_Nitram99.png

8 skills at 99: Herblore - Farming - Cooking - Firemaking - Woodcutting - Fletching - Magic - Crafting

In honor of the new dinosaur familiar add-on to the guide I have made yet another support banner for those who would like to give this guide a little extra boost of help by putting it in their signature:

dinoadgx3.png

You can get the code for it in the second post of the thread.

Thanks everyone for supporting!

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

Hey Outsanity, i've supported this for quite a while. The sites that are found in the KBD / KQ lairs have way to long respawns. So how about something to help?

Level 87 Magic Required. Also required is Lunar Diplomacy and Dream Mentor.

Ancient Refresh

Requires: 1 Astral (sp?) Rune, 2 Blood Runes, and 3 Earth Runes

Will cut the respawn time on SES digsites in half. This will only affect the last SES you excavated at. (Ex - Kq respawn is 1 hour, but if you cast this spell, it will become 30 minutes.)

Hey Outsanity, i've supported this for quite a while. The sites that are found in the KBD / KQ lairs have way to long respawns. So how about something to help?

Level 87 Magic Required. Also required is Lunar Diplomacy and Dream Mentor.

Ancient Refresh

Requires: 1 Astral (sp?) Rune, 2 Blood Runes, and 3 Earth Runes

Will cut the respawn time on SES digsites in half. This will only affect the last SES you excavated at. (Ex - Kq respawn is 1 hour, but if you cast this spell, it will become 30 minutes.)

While that is actually a really nice idea I think it would be best if the respawn times stayed as is, simply because of the fact they yeild such amazing loot. The purpose of the hour long respawn time on the KQ SES is simply to keep people from gaining too much profit in one hour. The best way to ensure that you are successfully getting maximum loot at the KQ is to find a way to log out inside the lair and go back to the SES on a different world. (And hope it's not already excavated.)

It makes it more exciting, too, no? I mean, finding a rune rock that respawns every 20 minutes is decently exciting, but running into a fissure that only respawns once every hour in a dangerous location which could potentially make you over a million gp profit is a little more epic, right?

Not saying the spell idea couldn't be used in some other way. Now that you mention a spell I really could potentially find a while other section of this guide to work with. But I'll leave your mind up to wander and see if I can do anything with it. =-p

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

Support!!! Looks awesome!!! but i think that the skill cape should be a different colour and the icon for the skill should be like a brush and not bones in my opinion...

Is Back After About 2 Months!!

75 WOODCUTTING | 50 CRAFTING | 82 COOKING| 61 Fishing | 48 Combat

OUR MAIN JOB IS NOT TO SEE WHAT LIES DIMLY IN THE DISTANCE, BUT TO DO WHAT LIES CLEARLY AT HAND

KEEPING A SECRET WITH THREE PEOPLE IS OK, IF TWO OF THEM ARE DEAD.

....IM NOT CRAZY, IM JUST A LITTLE.....CUT OFF FROM THE SANE WORLD.......

:thumbdown: I DO NOT support, just for starters it takes away from the time period in which runescape exist. Archaeology itself is only about 150 years old.

Not saying the author did this, but for those suggesting additions to the skill stop suggesting things to make something you in RS easier.

I would like to wish you luck in future development in "The Archaeology Skill", though personally I would not like to see it implemented into RS, that is my opinion. Though I find that every Runescape Skill has its uses, so I'm sure I won't complain at all. Once again good luck, and great job on your development thus far. It is very noticable you've put alot of time and effort into this.

Star_11.png