The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

Outsanity

[noob]But I want to get all the cool stuff that the members get without paying anything![/noob]

Now to be serious:

I was f2p for 2 years before becoming a member, and I can understand the desire to get more than just the free game without paying anything. However, part of the reason I didn't become a member sooner was that I was only playing casually; I took about a year off, in fact. I can see why non-members would want to have 1 or 2 more skills to train (there is a fairly convincing argument for opening flatching to non-members because that would balance out the fact that mages can craft their own runes a s f2p), but in the end, that would detract from the members' experience. When I was f2p, I was all for new skills having f2p components, but now that I'm a member I realize why Jagex held some things back just for members.

By the way, I support the Archaeology skill idea. Great job!

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't expect it but I wouldn't be suprised if it happened.

Quite an immature reason to not support something, so I guess your support isn't wanted anyway.

Just going to go ahead and be frank with that.

When are you going to learn that Jagex is not releasing any f2p skills? They've already made it very clear it's not happening. Members skills are THE biggest way to gain memberships. Why would they want to lose out on that?

Well if I am f2p for life(which I am) then why would I support this skill. I am not immature for not supporting somthing that would not benifit me in any way.

In fact, I do have some pancake mix.

2ic8sw5.png

Quite an immature reason to not support something, so I guess your support isn't wanted anyway.

When are you going to learn that Jagex is not releasing any f2p skills? They've already made it very clear it's not happening. Members skills are THE biggest way to gain memberships. Why would they want to lose out on that?

Well if I am f2p for life(which I am) then why would I support this skill. I am not immature for not supporting somthing that would not benifit me in any way.

Then there was no reason for you to post in the first place?

See how that works?

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea =D> . You have 100% of my support.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I don't think they really check it other than when a large crisis like the servers crashing happens, but I could be wrong.

And they are always working on a skill. They had a skill worked on before Summoning even came out, so if they wanted to do this idea, they could always just be waiting till the next skill is released or near release to begin work on it.

Or they haven't seen the thread yet. =-p

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

I read through your entire guide (ok i lied, most of it) and I wasn't able to find something that might look like a room in your POH that you can have as your own private museum for your own private and personal favorite fossils and finds. I support, and you are certain to get more supporters by the dozens

=D> =D> =D>

This idea is the best skill suggestion i've read about ::' , I totally support this idea, has it been put to jagex's? I think they might be impliment it into the game (and too right they should :thumbsup: ). This is a chance were we can learn even more about the past of runescape, the story of the 3rd age.

I wonder, maybe you could expand this skill to allow for extra armours and weapons from different ages i.e 1-3rd age weapons and armours to be excavated. (sorry if someones suggested this already, to many posts to read trough :? ) That would be amazing, it could probably deflate the price of 3rd age too ::'

e096751ad0.png

See how that works?

Yes but b4 i thought it would be for f2p(not all of but part)

and I see this post is dieing. well thats ok with me now because the start of this while being smart in some ways does not seem to be socialy prepared for critasizam(not spelled right and I don't care).

In fact, I do have some pancake mix.

2ic8sw5.png

See how that works?

Yes but b4 i thought it would be for f2p(not all of but part)

and I see this post is dieing. well thats ok with me now because the start of this while being smart in some ways does not seem to be socialy prepared for critasizam(not spelled right and I don't care).

The post isn't dying, the activity on the suggestion and bug thread in general just isn't that high, and I think you would know that if you paid attention.

Furthermore, I am thoroughly preapred for criticism so long as it's coming from a constructive and intelligent place. The true fact of the matter is that you trumped an idea simply based on the idea that it is not going to be available to players who do not pay for new skills. Basically, what you're saying is that any and all members-only updates that have occurred since it has existed have been un-noteworthly of your attention strictly because they do not apply to you. This is fine. What is NOT fine, is that if I clearly made this a members-only suggestion, and it is clearly not an update for you, then you have no real reason to be wasting not only my time, but your own, by saying that you don't support the idea simply because it wouldn't apply to you.

See what I'm saying here? It's not subjective, it's just clear common sense and fact. If the idea doesn't pertain to you, and you have no REAL constructive criticism on how to make it better, and can back that up with solid fact and logic, then please, do NOT waste my time by posting something that really wasn't necessary in the first place. I urge you.

So, with that being said, I'm going to ask that you no longer post unless you're willing to contribute to the actual idea of the skill, which does not include making it available to free players. That's just a waste of your energy, as (and I don't really NEED to point this out, since I think everyone knows) we all know new skills just are NOT released to free players. They are a marketing tool. They are what entice people to pay money to play, and so Jagex will not release a new skill, especially a money-making one such as I have suggested, to the free version of the game.

Thanks.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

I support every idea in this thread. Amazingly well thought out, and I congratulate you for puttig this much time and effort into it.

I Do to! i just think exactly the same as kazel!

U are great..

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!

This is a very good idea, the only thing i could point out is the altar under god wars which would make prayer much easier but i wont go into arguement with that since this is VERY nicely done

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

What a nice idea, well thought from beginning to the end. I support this.

But i miss somewhere the thrill of eagerness on the private digsites suggestion. The sites look like miningspots, the visual looks are a bit boring. Maybe more something that looks like a Kharidian tombe or overgrown hill where an old Fremennik Drakkar (boat) is in it? So you are walking by and think "hmm what is sticking there out of the ground?" You examine it and start digging with a spade. Little later you find some really old stuff like Kharidian relics, Fremennik weapons or 3rd age coins.

greedy44.png

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very detailed suggestion and after reading through it from beginning to end, I fully support. I hope that Jagex will take more notice of this idea and make it the next skill, instead of the rumoured sailing.

Very good, but I would like to see a few more pictures. Other than that, it is perfect.

Brian_307.png

Brian_307.png

Dude, great job on this detailed Guide on your skill suggestion, I Am with you 110% Add me to that dang list ( Maybe give it to Jagex One Day) ( Or Just this whole topic URL)

Edit: I diidnt read all 19 pages, so if this was suggested, srry. Maybe isntead of turning into the fossils to the mueseum for pray exp ( srry, i dont get why u would get that exp for doin that) Instead, the system almost works liek a POH, but you have your own exhibit, where you can place items into the display boxes, and the fossils, make a model of sort of dinosours if you get the whoel thing. Then if u finish the whole model, either Arch exp, or Money for donating a new *exhibit* To the museum, Heck, it could turn out to be like the meuseum kudos thing.

Blackbow1111.png

Blackbow1111.png

http://Blackbow1111.png