The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

Outsanity

omfg i cant believe i read the whole thing! After reading the whole thing i found that it was just a load of....

awesomeness!!!

nice work =D>

1000000000000000000000000% support!!

:thumbsup:

this would be fun to see in the game.

Also, nicely thought out. Mustve taken a few hours to type out ::'

Thanks. Yeah...total I would say it took around 30 hours to perfect. The main bulk of the idea making process was the longest part, but I also did a lot of research on real life archaeology and how I could incorporate some of those things into this. And then of course I had to spell check, add images and code the whole thing to organize it.

Not easy stuff, but it's totally worth it.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read about half now and I think the problem is(no one is perfect and everything takes years to perfect. then it gets messed up again because nothing stays perfect) that this skill seems to perfect. Also It should be more like mining to smithing in the way that if you can mine/dig it then you can smith/clean it.

In fact, I do have some pancake mix.

2ic8sw5.png

I have read about half now and I think the problem is(no one is perfect and everything takes years to perfect. then it gets messed up again because nothing stays perfect) that this skill seems to perfect. Also It should be more like mining to smithing in the way that if you can mine/dig it then you can smith/clean it.

So what you're saying is that because I have dedicated time to researching and perfecting this that it cannot be made into a skill? I guess if you want second rate, useless skills like hunter again then go right ahead and turn this down.

And that makes no sense at all. Mining is the actual extracting of ore from rocks and smithing is smelting down and forging those ore into armor and weapons. The word Archaeology is a broad word that encompasses the entire process of what the skill involves. If we did what you just suggested we'd have to have an "Excavation" skill and a "Cleaning," skill. How LAME would a skill totally devoted to cleaning be?

Sorry, but while I appreciate feedback, I think it would be best for you to really think about what you're suggesting first. If I can do my homework then so can you.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

I was not saying the skill was bad but I think I should make my points clearer.

1.If it is the same stuff what would be the problem with 2 skills?

2.I don't want it to be to skills but what you saying is like you can catch a fish and you can't cook it. You need to go up that level differents. So what I was thinking was if you can dig it you can clean it.

3.The "it seems to perfect" coment was saying that it sounds like killing a monster but easier. You dig it you clean it and you get some coins or gems or some other item.

I am not saying that your whole skill is bad. Most of it is good and I strongly support your dedication.

2ic8sw5.png

I was not saying the skill was bad but I think I should make my points clearer.

1.If it is the same stuff what would be the problem with 2 skills?

2.I don't want it to be to skills but what you saying is like you can catch a fish and you can't cook it. You need to go up that level differents. So what I was thinking was if you can dig it you can clean it.

3.The "it seems to perfect" coment was saying that it sounds like killing a monster but easier. You dig it you clean it and you get some coins or gems or some other item.

I am not saying that your whole skill is bad. Most of it is good and I strongly support your dedication.

1. The problem is that there is NO reason to be wasting a skill on cleaning when you can incorporate it into one skill and call it Archaeology. That would be so ridiculous. People would just buy Rock Samples and clean them for profit. How dumb would that be? It'd be the same as if Jagex gave you exp for opening an impling jar. We don't need another buyable skill.

2. Um, it uses higher levels to clean than excavate. That is in the guide. I guess you missed that part of it?

3. And what do you call mining? Fishing? Woodcutting? Essentially, they are the same. You chop a tree or pick away at a rock and get something with value. Same thing, really, only the valuable can differ.

I'm not trying to say you don't have your opinion and thoughts on the matter, but I am saying that your suggestion is actually really unnecessary and doesn't have enough reason to back it up.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

1. The problem is that there is NO reason to be wasting a skill on cleaning when you can incorporate it into one skill and call it Archaeology. That would be so ridiculous. People would just buy Rock Samples and clean them for profit. How dumb would that be? It'd be the same as if Jagex gave you exp for opening an impling jar. We don't need another buyable skill.

2. Um, it uses higher levels to clean than excavate. That is in the guide. I guess you missed that part of it?

3. And what do you call mining? Fishing? Woodcutting? Essentially, they are the same. You chop a tree or pick away at a rock and get something with value. Same thing, really, only the valuable can differ.

I'm not trying to say you don't have your opinion and thoughts on the matter, but I am saying that your suggestion is actually really unnecessary and doesn't have enough reason to back it up.

Point 2 is completely usless. I read that and I was saying it is stupid. What I said was that it would be like catching a fish and not being able to cook it. The rock samples are useless b4 you clean them so when you dug rock samples up they would be useless until you went up a bunch of levels b4 you could use them.

Catch lobby-level 40. Dig sample-level 1

Cook lobby-level 40. Clean sample-level 1

Make a little more sense don't you think. And btw those posts that say "i support" are not well thought out suggestions.

2ic8sw5.png

I really like this idea...To be honest while reading it I thought of Tunneling, which is posted in this forum ::'

It would be kinda cool if the two were combained in a quest/mini-game

Once again, suh-port.

ok i took the time to read ur ses again and the items gained are way to much i meen a d 2h! mabye lowering your findings a bit and your exp when u escivate a rock or how ever u spell u should only get exp if u find somethin in the rock also instead of jus getting a item u should have it so u have to take your finding to some kind of expert and money givin should be about 30% and items should be about 20% and finding nothing should be 50% also out of the idea of mining make it so it takes time to search ea rock and the higher your lv the faster it will take have differnt skill lvs needed for ea rock so lets say u need lv 50 to enter a place it will be lv 50 for the small rocks and more lvls needed for the bigger rocks make it so for your first few lvs u need to dig at the dg site lets say 1-10 then at lv 11 u can start digging at varrock museem till lv 20

so was just thought of is

1. lower the cash and items way to expensive jagex would never allow tht much money to be made in 1 rock

2. have it so u dont just get an item and make it so u have to bring the items to an expert

3. make exp values a bit more

4. takes time for ea rock so the higher your lv the shorter time it is for ea rock

5. have differnt exp values and skill requirements for ea rock

6. dig site from lv 1min 11 to go to higher and better places

7. varrock museem lv11 min lv 20 to go to higher and better places

8. i have many other ideas but its almost 3 in the mournin so reply if u want me to post em

9. like i said b4 i support 100%

A slaYer KiD.png

Effigies: 5

draconic visage: 1

ok i took the time to read ur ses again and the items gained are way to much i meen a d 2h! mabye lowering your findings a bit and your exp when u escivate a rock or how ever u spell u should only get exp if u find somethin in the rock also instead of jus getting a item u should have it so u have to take your finding to some kind of expert and money givin should be about 30% and items should be about 20% and finding nothing should be 50% also out of the idea of mining make it so it takes time to search ea rock and the higher your lv the faster it will take have differnt skill lvs needed for ea rock so lets say u need lv 50 to enter a place it will be lv 50 for the small rocks and more lvls needed for the bigger rocks make it so for your first few lvs u need to dig at the dg site lets say 1-10 then at lv 11 u can start digging at varrock museem till lv 20

so was just thought of is

1. lower the cash and items way to expensive jagex would never allow tht much money to be made in 1 rock

2. have it so u dont just get an item and make it so u have to bring the items to an expert

3. make exp values a bit more

4. takes time for ea rock so the higher your lv the shorter time it is for ea rock

5. have differnt exp values and skill requirements for ea rock

6. dig site from lv 1min 11 to go to higher and better places

7. varrock museem lv11 min lv 20 to go to higher and better places

8. i have many other ideas but its almost 3 in the mournin so reply if u want me to post em

9. like i said b4 i support 100%

The d2h is an extremely rare find. Probably only 1 in 100 Giant Rock Samples from the KQ would earn you one, and you probably will only get 1 giant rock sample at level 99 from the KQ SES out of maybe 100 of them. So that's on in 1,000 chance, which is plenty rare enough. The D2h isn't worth that much anymore.

I BEG of you. Spell and use correct punctuation. I refuse to even touch base on any of your suggestions until it is easier to read them first.

Though I will say, 76 Slayer is NOT a high requirement. Do you know over 50,000 people currently have 76 Slayer? That is a LOT of people collecting Ancient Brushes and trowels. They will be easy to get ahold of for all players. Trust me.

I'd like to point out that the rewards are not high at ALL. Look at the rewards from implings and look at these. Not much of a difference, and actually, you have a chance of earning 2m in dragon arrowtips from a dragon impling, and that only requires a lousy 83 hunter. The d2h requires 93 Archaeology.

I don't mean to soung rude, but I did WAY more research than you did, and it seems I've played and experienced a bit more of the game than you have. I know what's reasonable and what's not, and my idea is not overpowered in the slightest.

As to Danno385, the reason it's higher to clean than it is to excavate is so it is harder to level and also so that you need to wait a bit longer to reap the best rewards. It is a way to keep the skill from being too overpowered, and you should not look at this in the same way you do fishing/cooking. I didn't model this after those skills and neither should you. Again, I will say, I know a bit more about what Jagex would call balanced, and the differed levels help to balance the skill difficulty with profit. And I will argue with you no further on the subject.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

Now that you have things clear in my mind I will put somthing in my signature and I have full support! I should read the second half now...

2ic8sw5.png

The d2h is an extremely rare find. Probably only 1 in 100 Giant Rock Samples from the KQ would earn you one, and you probably will only get 1 giant rock sample at level 99 from the KQ SES out of maybe 100 of them. So that's on in 1,000 chance, which is plenty rare enough. The D2h isn't worth that much anymore.

I BEG of you. Spell and use correct punctuation. I refuse to even touch base on any of your suggestions until it is easier to read them first.

Though I will say, 76 Slayer is NOT a high requirement. Do you know over 50,000 people currently have 76 Slayer? That is a LOT of people collecting Ancient Brushes and trowels. They will be easy to get ahold of for all players. Trust me.

I'd like to point out that the rewards are not high at ALL. Look at the rewards from implings and look at these. Not much of a difference, and actually, you have a chance of earning 2m in dragon arrowtips from a dragon impling, and that only requires a lousy 83 hunter. The d2h requires 93 Archaeology.

I don't mean to soung rude, but I did WAY more research than you did, and it seems I've played and experienced a bit more of the game than you have. I know what's reasonable and what's not, and my idea is not overpowered in the slightest.

As to Danno385, the reason it's higher to clean than it is to excavate is so it is harder to level and also so that you need to wait a bit longer to reap the best rewards. It is a way to keep the skill from being too overpowered, and you should not look at this in the same way you do fishing/cooking. I didn't model this after those skills and neither should you. Again, I will say, I know a bit more about what Jagex would call balanced, and the differed levels help to balance the skill difficulty with profit. And I will argue with you no further on the subject.

when i posted this these were things i had just thought of but a d 2h is a bit to much i meen like 2.3m from 1 rock thts kinda alot and yah im sure u have played longer ans expernced more bcuz i jus startd around 9 months ago ::' but gl with tryin to make this a skill even though jagex never looks on this site so its kinda impossible but i want this to be a skill :thumbsup:

A slaYer KiD.png

Effigies: 5

draconic visage: 1

Why would you get eyes of newts out of samples of rock? shouldnt they be well fossils? i think the idea of loot from this is good but a skill has to have its individual benefits perhaps loot you can only get from this, maybe it could be another source of summoning charms i like the idea though

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Nice idea, but a few points:

1)Noted rewards and some others should not exist

Others include: Seeds, eyes of newt, etc.

Why? Because:

-The bank of Runescape didn't exist back in this time (therefore, notes didn't exist.)

-Paper would not be able to spend hundreds if not thousands of year beneath soil, it would decomposate (as would the eyes of newt and seeds).

Therefore, only metallic or stone rewards would persist.

2)Different locations should = different rewards.

Why? Because:

As in the real world, different locations had different population.

An archeologist would find different things in Roma and Louxor, so we should get different things south of castlewars and in Varrock's digsite.

Suggestion: Make it in relation to deities.

Overall,you can say you have my support( if I didn't say it already...)

WarBlastoise.png

This is just a suggjestion but everytime you get lamps they say that you can have these old lamps. What if some of them got buried? Would be a nice prize.

2ic8sw5.png

This is just a suggjestion but everytime you get lamps they say that you can have these old lamps. What if some of them got buried? Would be a nice prize.

Except in One Small Favour and the other quests, no. And we aren't gonna get 10k xp in any skill that easily...

WarBlastoise.png

Well did I say they would be common or that they would be for 10k? No.

BTW I took your quote out of my signature. Not because you are bugging me. Because I didn't want to overload my signature and I wanted the archaeology skill in my signature.

2ic8sw5.png

Well did I say they would be common or that they would be for 10k? No.

BTW I took your quote out of my signature. Not because you are bugging me. Because I didn't want to overload my signature and I wanted the archaeology skill in my signature.

Well, no problem if they're not common nor too great.

No problem with my quote either.

WarBlastoise.png

nRs"]Support, it's about we had a new skill that isn't designed to drain your cash pile :)

Good luck sending it Jagex. =D>

Yes is there a way to send it to jagex? The idea is brilliant, if only they took notice of it and implemented it. I sure would like to tell them to look at Outsanity's idea, but how :twss: that is the question :-k

2vuhgcn.png