The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

Outsanity

lol~ very thanks for u share, so i wanna add this guide to my site if u glad it, it will be add at http://www.runescapebox.com/index.php?a=page&id=[ForbiddenSite]-and-Skill-Guides , i just think the Skill guide contain it.

so do u wanna? :shame:

While I am flattered, I'm going to have to say no. I don't want this guide on any other site than Tip.It. I know you wouldn't do it, but I don't want people stealing ideas from this guide elsewhere and claiming them as their own.

So no, please don't put it on your site. Thank you. :)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why am i not on the list of supporters?

I said i supported it around page 10-15.

Because I haven't updated the supporter's list in about 4 months ever since the forums broke down. But I guess now would be a good time to do so. lol.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

a very viable and detailed skill suggestion, but I do have one objection.

necromancy is the animation and control of the dead, wheras summoning is creating new life. so the necromancer mask should have a different name.

jagex did actually state that they wanted to create necromancy at some point. don't know when though.

2Xeo5.png

I don't recall whether or not I already posted on this topic. Anyways you certaintly have my support, this is the most thought out, best prepared suggestion I have ever read. It would be a real shame if Jagex didn't add it to runescape.

leviathansig1nn7.gif

Darkphenom99.png

Darkphenom99.png

Darkphenom99.png

archsupportei2.png

Slayer Drops: Black Mask (1)

Dragon Drops: None

Barrows Loot: Verac's Brassard (1), Veracs helm (1), Guthans Spear (3), Torags helm (1)

My Website

The tents should be expensive, 100k for the first, 2-5m for the last.

The rewards are out of proportion by far. An altar that gives 10x prayer xp? Dont tell me "b-b-but the lvls required.. :(" Cause the 3 last levels are not supposed to be easier than previous. Ancient trowel should break too with low rate, and instead give players less low rewards, and a slight increase in rare. there was a lot of other things but i cba..

The tents should be expensive, 100k for the first, 2-5m for the last.

The rewards are out of proportion by far. An altar that gives 10x prayer xp? Dont tell me "b-b-but the lvls required.. :(" Cause the 3 last levels are not supposed to be easier than previous. Ancient trowel should break too with low rate, and instead give players less low rewards, and a slight increase in rare. there was a lot of other things but i cba..

The only thing the altar would do is slightly increase the exp you gain an hour and the cost of prayer down to 1/3 of it's normal cost. I say that if we can slash Construction and Crafting and Smithing's cost down drastically that there should be no reason as to why this should be any different. Especially since this idea requires almost 10M exp in the Archaeology skill.

Ancient Trowels DO give a slight increase in rare rewards. I already stated that pretty clearly in the first post. As for them breaking, if you want that idea to be acceptable, then let's make the Dragon Axe breakable again.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

In Genereal, Well thought through :thumbup:

But theres one thing I think wouldnt be plausable, even in RS.

> Seeds, Herbs and Planks found in rocks almsot definatly would be long dead and degraded. Maybe there would be petrified wood or fossils that could be traded with certain NPC's for appropriate rewards like xp.

Apart from that, a Very well thought out Idea! I like it.

Sign me up.

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

In Genereal, Well thought through :thumbup:

But theres one thing I think wouldnt be plausable, even in RS.

> Seeds, Herbs and Planks found in rocks almsot definatly would be long dead and degraded. Maybe there would be petrified wood or fossils that could be traded with certain NPC's for appropriate rewards like xp.

Apart from that, a Very well thought out Idea! I like it.

Sign me up.

Hehe...while I like the accurate thinking, I don't think we need to get THAT picky over rock sample rewards. I mean, if it's possible for a Dragon to be randonly holding on to herbs that it will drop when you kill it, I don't think it's too farfetched to have a rock sample hold an herb seed. =-p

But thank you for the support.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

So I'm guessing you would level the skill by excavating the basic sites and dropping/banking the loot? If it takes you 20 seconds to excavate and clean and discard/store the loot, and 5 minutes each hour for banking, you would get 165 samples an hour. Averaging 200 exp per sample excavate + clean, that's 33k experience an hour. Not to mention those two sites will be extremely crowded. I can't see the rewards at higher levels justifying a 30k exp/hour skill, although it is a very steady moneymaker if you bring alchs. My only feedback would be to add a greater variety of rewards for SES and Private Excavation sites, and of course, add more of them. Another thing I might suggest are random excavation sites, maybe each area randomly spawns a new excavation site every now and then (a new Distraction/Diversion?) Also, I think the thread would be more interesting to read if you listed the spots in increasing, not decreasing, level order.

I had a lot of fun reading it, great work. :thumbup:

2496 Completionist

I like it, and I support it. Seems like it would be a fun skill to train, and pretty realistic too. If I may add a suggestion though. With a summoning skill of 62 and archaeology skill of 45, you should be able to summon a skeletal dinosaur familiar depending on the fossil. 143 shards and a fossil to infuse it on a pouch. A low leveled fossil would get you a horseshoe crab. Medium leveled fossil would get you a raptor. High leveled fossil would get you a triceratops. And a rare fossil would get you a T-Rex. They could also give you invisible boosts to your archaeology skill.

sigwf1yq3ji0.png

archsupportei2.png

Achievements: Dragon Slayer Completed (1/4/2009) | Corrupt Dragon Drops: 3 | Treasure Trails Completed: 1

ANc4.gifWenY.gifEZep.gifJxyx.gif Click us!

I like it, and I support it. Seems like it would be a fun skill to train, and pretty realistic too. If I may add a suggestion though. With a summoning skill of 62 and archaeology skill of 45, you should be able to summon a skeletal dinosaur familiar depending on the fossil. 143 shards and a fossil to infuse it on a pouch. A low leveled fossil would get you a horseshoe crab. Medium leveled fossil would get you a raptor. High leveled fossil would get you a triceratops. And a rare fossil would get you a T-Rex. They could also give you invisible boosts to your archaeology skill.

I think you'll be happy to know this idea is already in the works and is almost finished. It is similar to what you have said but actually more improved and with more familiars.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

Brilliant work, this all looks very nice, and I hope Jagex will look into this and consider putting it into the game. Add me to the support list! Keep it up :thumbsup:

Hi

I love your idea for the Archeology skill i think it well thought out and well presented .

I support 100%

I have a few ideas u can consider if u want to i always liked the idea that a new skill must benefit existing skills.

So here are my ideas let the Archeology skill benefit or benefit from existing skills.

1: Firemaking: say there are some Archaeological sites u need to make a fire on the hard rock that hides the Archaeological sites beneath it to be able to make the rock brittle enough to get to the fossils beneath ( maybe different rocks need different logs to make them brittle )

2: Mining: basically the same as firmaking only u need a pickaxe to mine threw rock or hard ground to get to the fossils beneath ( same as firemaking only need different pickaxes for different rocks )

3: Agility: needed to get to difficult to reach Archaeological sites ( the higher the agility needed to get there the better the rewards )

4: Summoning: maybe u can summon a ancient mummy that give extra Archeology skill xp and is scroll/special give u a better chance of getting rare fossils

5: prayer and or thieving : needed to get in to ancient lost and or forgotten tombs ( the higher the prayer and or thieving needed to get there the better the rewards )

6: construction: needed to build the tents for Private Digsites ( different construction level for each tent )

smithing and crafting u all ready used

thats it so far from me if i get more ideas i post them if u want more.

I really hope thy make this into a skill and not sailing i don't see the point in sailing but there is lots of potential in a archeology skill.

hi again

U have never replayed to my previous post on your thread and i would like to be on your support list.

Some where in 2009 jagex in going to open the eastern land and with that lots of new content for runescape i think it would be the perfect place for a new skill to start and a new skill will be due in 2009 if jagex keep to how thy release new skills

i also like the idea of dinosaurs for summoning i think it will be fun to have dinosaurs for pets to

One more idea i have is some rare fossils can be cleaned and framed or assembled to be displayed in your player owned house

Thanks for a great threat and i hope we get the Archeology skill in 2009

Ps: please update your support list

I support this. I've been wanting this skill for a long time. Maybe for summoning you could rarely (and I mean RARELY) uncover a skeletal pet locked in a box by someone a loooong time ago? Haha, that would be interesting to have happen.

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself." ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

But then again, the gay Asian kid we all thought was gonna be an actor turned out to be a rapist. Who knew.
E-cards, the new and improved way to get in someones pants :thumbup:.

:twss:

First Dragon Drop Ever On: February 7, 2009 at 11:45am. Dragon Spear from Black Dragon

"I'll take a hardware store over a gun any day. Guns make you stupid. Better to fight your wars with duct tape. Duct tape makes you smart."