The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

Outsanity

At first I thought the whole idea was quite silly ( like what the hell.. archaeology ? ). But then I actually read through your whole first post and I really like it!

+I really love the cape of achievement emote idea :thumbsup:. Very creative!!

You got my support!

God_Of_End.png

15th to 99 Firemaking - August 2002 RSC Time.

??th to 99 Woodcutting - 2004 RS2 Time.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing skill suggestion! :thumbsup:

One of the best I've seen for quite a long time! Most skill suggestions are quite crappy, but this is really good! ::'

What about new dinosaurs like iguanodon, spinosaurus, etc?

Iguanodon's special ability could be to eat up your opponent's food or something? But that seems too similar to the locust ability.

Spinosaurus could probably shoot spines or something like that. I don't know.

Amazing skill suggestion! :thumbsup:

One of the best I've seen for quite a long time! Most skill suggestions are quite crappy, but this is really good! ::'

What about new dinosaurs like iguanodon, spinosaurus, etc?

Iguanodon's special ability could be to eat up your opponent's food or something? But that seems too similar to the locust ability.

Spinosaurus could probably shoot spines or something like that. I don't know.

I think I added plenty of dinosaurs to qench your reptilian cravings. Thanks for supporting, though. :)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Maybe a certain archeology level can be a requirement for "Elemental workshop 3" as we know it's coming because of the second door at the b3 floor and the workshop gets more and more fragile and buried the longer down we get.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

[hide=Outsanity's Next Skill Spoiler]astroskilllogo.png

fullskilltable.png

With Archaeology being such a successful concept, I want to see if I can come up with yet another amazing skill idea. This is the beginning works of it. Yep, folks. Astronomy. How will I make it work? You'll have to wait quite some time to find out. I won't post it until I am absolutely sure it will be a hit. Watch this space. ;)[/hide]

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

With Archaeology being such a successful concept, I want to see if I can come up with yet another amazing skill idea. This is the beginning works of it. Yep, folks. Astronomy. How will I make it work? You'll have to wait quite some time to find out. I won't post it until I am absolutely sure it will be a hit. Watch this space. ;)[/hide]

Epic! Good luck! =D>

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Thanks! :D

And just so everyone is aware, I will not discuss any specifics about the skill. It is still in creation and right now is a very long way from being near ready to show to the public. I am not here to take any ideas regarding what could be used in the skill. That will come when it is released and it has it's own thread. Until that time, you have Archaeology and that is what will be discussed on this thread.

Now, not to say you can't theorize on the Astronomy skill idea. No harm can come of that, just no "Outsanity, Astronomy should have this or that!" and please, no slandering or flaming the idea. Don't worry, the skill is in good hands. I managed to turn a "boring" skill idea such as Archaeology into (and I'm only quoting the supporters) "The best skill idea out there," so Astronomy will be just as good, if not better.

Keep the support!

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

Me likey :D

I think it would be sweet to have archaeology...maybe add Indiana Jones themed quests later? (sorry if it has been already been mentioned, didn't read many of the reply posts) I can see it now...Running through a collapsing dungeon with a T-Rex chasing you, and swinging over a chasm with your abyssal whip. :lol: Great idea, you have my support!

Oh, and I'm looking forward to astronomy thread, should be as good of a read as this was!

Rune Tips Merchanting Site!

"rune tips cc" if you would like to learn some tricks of the merching trade! We have a great community as well.

Each of us a cell of awareness/Imperfect and incomplete/Genetic blends with uncertain ends/On a fortune hunt thats far too fleet

Can not wait for your new skill suggestions astronomy

U have my pre astronomy skill support

Epic! Good luck! =D>

Epic +1

Looking forward to it.

Shame the archaeology skill isn't there yet.

I'd become member straight away if that one came out :o

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!

Maybe you should post it on the official RuneScape forums now any more features and it'l be way overpowered.

I'd definatly kept bumping you when(if it ever will be) nececary.

TheMather1, I understand your concern, but it isn't really your place to tell me what to do with the idea. I have a few points I am following:

1. I am not posting it anywhere else until at least 500 people have supported.

2. I don't really plan to update it much more until my Astronomy Skill is out. I plan to use just a smidge of Archaeology in that skill.

3. Adding on will not make the skill overpowered. I am not suggesting to anyone that we must use EVERYTHING in this guide should the skill become a reality. This is a mere guideline of what could be done, not the final product. Adding onto the guide will only help it's chances of appealing to Jagex and it's players. No harm can come out of upgrading if it's done in the spirit in which the foundations will allow it. Meaning, I've made a very balanced skill, so you can count on me to only add balanced updates to it.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

That's a really good suggestion. At first, I didn't think it would be such a good idea, but reading what you've written, and seeing all the thought that has been put into it really changed my stance. It's very well thought out, and would work perfectly with everyone, and fits in nicely with all skills.

It's great to see how much thought has been put into this, and I wouldn't mind seeing this skill in game ::'. Good luck with astrology as well!

I support.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

:lol:

no joke, I mentioned astronomy as a possible skill in my clan's IRC hahaha

it's a good idea though

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Well I support the idea, and I think it would be fun and encourage people to get their other stats up to use the added bonuses of Archaeology. 100% support :thumbsup:

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

I can't think what astrology will contain...

Good luck with that.

Anyways, another thing.

Exelent! About every other suggestion in this forum is schitt! 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% support!

mweddle, shut up.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=798905

Remember this? Possibly the worst suggestion I have seen in all the time I have played runescape?

There are plenty of good ideas on this forum, and you have just taken all of them, and said they sucked, when your's sucks more than any other.

Try reading your responses, idiot.

2Xeo5.png

I really like it. I support.

The core idea of excavating fissures seems a lot like mining, but I like that it can be utilized in more ways than just extracting resources. Excavating new caverns is an aspect of the skill that I particularly like, as well as digging up untradable items to help train skills...although I would make those require fewer shards to put together, and I don't know if there's a need to make coelecanths so ridiculously hard to reach. A cave at the base of Trollheim would be plenty far from a bank to balance it, especially since the catchrate for a level 85 fish is bound to be so slow already. Also, I think the familiars might make more sense as pets.

Astronomy sounds like an interesting idea as well.

Troacctid, thank you for the kindness. One thing I can do is respect you. We've argued on other forums of different opinions, but one thing you didn't do is bring that here, so thanks for being mature. ;)

Ross_the_Knight, while I am glad you support, I'd appreciate you not bringing fights onto my thread. No matter what mweddle has created of his own, he came here to show his support. Yes, he shot down everyone other idea on this forum, and that wasn't ok, but you should just let it go.

And I will take this moment to tell several people who have already made the mistake that I did not propose Astrology as a skill. I proposed Astronomy. They are two very different things. The first is the study of horoscopes and things of the like, and the second (the one I am working on) is the study of space and celestial beings and objects.

As for how I am proposing it, don't worry, I won't need luck making it work. The idea is already successful between the friends I have proofreading it and helping me to fix power issues. It's nowhere near ready yet, though, so don't get too excited (or unexcited) yet.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png