The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

Outsanity

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a couple of years and the breaching of the 25 skill barrier, this skill would STILL make a good addition to RuneScape. If I worked at Jagex, I would be pitching for it to go into development right away because we need to get another skill out within the next couple years and this is a great choice.

2496 Completionist

Ive heard about this idea for awhile now so I thought I would look into it, Very well written,planned,and considerate I only got threw a few pages of people saying it was amazing and giving there ideas. So that being said I do not know if this had already been said or suggested how about history about the Runescape gods and godesses I really enjoy learning about the history of the game gives me something to be amazed by to see what they could come up with. Be nice to see moer about Zaros,Armadly,Zamorak and so on.

Although I only give 99% il give 100% if i get my name on supporter list :cool:

envy_to_lust.png Lust_to_Envy.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could you change this:

248. Ilovetopk

to this

248. TyrantElf

I changed my display name

Proud Ubuntu User!

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. -Scott Adams

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.-Emo Phillips

My Blog!

TyrantElf.png

TyrantElf.png

• 1 month later...

did people really think jagex was gonna make a player-created skill just because people supported it ........lolololol

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I absolutely agree with this. In my opinion, the last good skill was Construction, and that's five years old now. :mellow:

Please add me to the list.

HOWEVER: if this is going to be a popular skill, I think a few aspects of it may hinder it.

The skill is versatile in the sense that it involves almost every other skill within it.

Nice idea, but since this was made Dungeoneering has done that and if Jagex add another skill which incorporates many skills it won't be looked upon too kindly by an already angry playerbase. I think another skill that relies on others would be seen as a cop-out; I think that making brushes and so on should rely only on Archaeology levels. This would make it far more popular and viable.

If more than one person is digging a fissure at the same time, only one of them will get the rock sample.

This too would not be popular. One of today's big issues is botting, and people would rant incessantly if bots started getting rock samples over them at fissures. Such a system would anger people and simply cannot be implemented in today's game environment if the archaeology skill ever makes it.

I must affirm once more, however, that I am 100% in support of the skill. Very well thought out, detailed, and imaginative. :thumbsup:

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

TBH, I didn't think the idea was that great at first. After I had read the guide though, I realized how much time must have been put into this. This skill idea is amazing, and certainly worth of becoming a skill, much more worthy than some other suggestions there have been.

60.png

Join FC "w60_find_pen" For Penguins every week, and helpful people!

mertick.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a great skill and i support :)

rickroll.jpg

`.¸_________Recruitment Dept______¸.´

.¸.´¸.´¸.*´¨) Pink Patrons (¨`*.¸`.¸`.¸.

(¸.´(¸. ,.-~*¨Admin - Scooty ¨*~-.,.¸)`.¸)

I love this skill I def fell in love with the summoning aspect to the skill

I say ENCORE for the Archaeology Skill.

Have my 110% Support :thumbup:

born_a_wolf.png

What did the Summoning Pure say to the girl?..."Charmed to meet ya."