The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

Outsanity

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support this but I have 1 comment,

the T-Rex's special ability of giving a +3 to slayer could undo soul wars as a person with 97 slayer or higher could ava rush at the start... maybe jagex would not allow it in soul wars and I know it would take ridiculously high levels on multiple ends to get this but still, we have players out there that will do it.

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

I support

dv-1.png

tbh we(tpr) sucked, failed pull and failed performannce and I almost dc every 3 secs thats why I had to snipe then when I tanked I went out of bounds sorry. Sorry about the masssniping too we were so crap that in the end no one was calling and everyone was making their own thing.

did you post this on RSOF yet?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Super Support this skill idea!!!

Call me strange but this was so in depth that I dreamed and saw the archaeology in action.

How long did it take you to come up and develop the concept and stuff for this skill, did you do a pencil rough draft or something?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Super Support this skill idea!!!

Call me strange but this was so in depth that I dreamed and saw the archaeology in action.

How long did it take you to come up and develop the concept and stuff for this skill, did you do a pencil rough draft or something?

Actually I just originally had the main idea, which was to excavate rock samples and clean them for loot. I then decided, "Let's make Archaeology," and sat down at my laptop for a total of around 10 hours and wrote a large portion on this. I had my friends proof read it and help me balance some overpowered stuff out, and presto...Archaeology. Now, since it's release around 2 years ago, I had added on a few sections, like the Private Digsites, Summoning Familiars and Archaeological dangers. Whether I add more or not, I can't honestly say for sure, but I'm thinking the guide in itself is very "complete" as is. It will probably be left like this unless I just tweak a tiny thing here or there.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

i can see this working quite well, however. in experience i can't ever see jagex adding a skill that gives such big xp boosts to others. ring of ore is pretty much a mining ring of fire. the fire ring is 2.5%.

not to mention with the current state of the economy, jagex is never going to add a money maker. only money sinks. its a nice idea, really well presented and could work quite well. i just don't see jagex adding something like this right now.

Member.png

whatcolor_isgreen.jpg

with the current state of economy, jagex is never going to add a money maker. only money sinks. its a nice idea, really well presented and could work quite well. i just don't see jagex adding something like this right now.

What do you mean "with the current state of economy"? Money is spread rather uneven like I for example have never had more than just over 200k of money, maybe up to 500k value total and just look at my sig for my skills, not to low to make money are they?

Edit: Those not shown are: Att:60 Str:61 Hp:57 Rngd:45 Summon:25 Wc:61 Mining:51 Fish:52 Cook:50 and Herb:27 With Cb:75.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

with the current state of economy, jagex is never going to add a money maker. only money sinks. its a nice idea, really well presented and could work quite well. i just don't see jagex adding something like this right now.

What do you mean "with the current state of economy"? Money is spread rather uneven like I for example have never had more than just over 200k of money, maybe up to 500k value total and just look at my sig for my skills, not to low to make money are they?

Edit: Those not shown are: Att:60 Str:61 Hp:57 Rngd:45 Summon:25 Wc:61 Mining:51 Fish:52 Cook:50 and Herb:27 With Cb:75.

no offence, just because you have never had over 500k value doesnt mean that everyone else your level is the same as you and your levels are not great for money making as well,

ChosenZamrok.png

no offence, just because you have never had over 500k value doesnt mean that everyone else your level is the same as you and your levels are not great for money making as well,

I know not all at my lvl has the same low economy as me but some do and 61 wc is aproporiate for making money as well as my mining(yew and coal), It's just that some cannot grind do to the headache it causes and therefore need something with a bit more variation.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

god i love it <3<3

i support :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

holeinfate.png

Sig courtesy of sxssniffe(so i can remember to go to make a new one :-) )

thecoolistwaytolevel.jpg

If Jagex ever made a perfect update there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.

Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.

Brian W. Kernighan

• 2 weeks later...

You can add me to your list of supporters, however I would update the "random events" since Runescape doesn't have skill specific random events any more, or ones that can kill you for that matter. But other than that this suggestion has stood the test of time and would still fit well into the game.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Hey i recently noticed in game that a set of bones called ancient bones have been introduced to the game. They offer the same Xp but don't work with altars or ectofunctus.

Yes, they're a reward for Restless Ghost.

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

Hey i recently noticed in game that a set of bones called ancient bones have been introduced to the game. They offer the same Xp but don't work with altars or ectofunctus.

Yes, they're a reward for Restless Ghost.

Yeah but jagex has done little spoilers before and i thought it might be interesting

• 2 weeks later...