The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

Outsanity

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I've seen this thing in so many signatures and stuff but I've never really taken a look at it. This is a wonderfully thought out suggestion and could be a great skill, much better than sailing ever could be.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Wow, I've seen this thing in so many signatures and stuff but I've never really taken a look at it. This is a wonderfully thought out suggestion and could be a great skill, much better than sailing ever could be.

we can only hope sailing never comes to pass...

Paragon.png

SUPPORTED!

(sorry if people have posted this already, but, i read all the stuff about the skill and just was like I AM SUPPORT!)

Have you thought about any quests that are already made such as digsite or what lies below or the kudos from the museum that you may already have gotten and if they would give any exp in archaeology?

archsupportei2.png

Taezil_k.png

Taezil_k.png

Taezil_k.png

archsupportei2.png

Exploration = Sailing + Archaeology (which 90% of the rs population can't even spell L)

Like sail to islands where you can excavate things and such. It has so much potential, they should definitely implement this after fixing current skills.

2dvjurb.png

I still support this tread, but i see now more players suggesting the archeology skill on the official forum. I don't know if i can support those treads, i see those treads not as the "offcial archeology idea". Are these guys you friends or lousy copiers?

greedy44.png

I still support this tread, but i see now more players suggesting the archeology skill on the official forum. I don't know if i can support those treads, i see those treads not as the "offcial archeology idea". Are these guys you friends or lousy copiers?

Lousy copiers. I have not given anyone rights to my ideas. If you see any ideas that look as though they have been traight copied from this to another thread anywhere else, let me know. Thanks!

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

• 4 weeks later...

I think an Ancient Cavern containing some rare trees and perhaps even a new tree requiring a higher level than magics would be a nice addition.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Brilliant Idea, really, really well thought out. A big support from me, fo' sure.

(Also, How about construction could have a part in it, like helping you build props for caverns (Prehaps make them less likely to collapse?)

And prehaps those Cranes things (I fail) so you can pull out things from futher underground and get a slightly higher chance of digging up a higher leveled fossil. (Of course, my ideas proably suck and will be flamed to heck and back by the next post) :oops: )

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

The summon protion is overpowered, it should use green/blue charms. I doubt this skill will be implemented for the sole reason that people won't be able to spell it, I think digging would be more likely haha.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

The summon protion is overpowered, it should use green/blue charms. I doubt this skill will be implemented for the sole reason that people won't be able to spell it, I think digging would be more likely haha.

I don't believe in dumbing down the game to better suit unintelligent people. It's your kind of thinking that has jagex giving us updates for children and making it so everything you do in the game is spelled out for you.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

It may be worth noting that under "dangers of archeology" you state that ... natural chemicals... , and I'm (fairly) sure that chemicals are man-made :P.

No. Chemicals can be natural.

http://www.kswproducts.com/champon/natural.htm

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

I don't think you should add more features, not that it's anything wrong with adding more but it shouldn't have more aspects than magic or hunter as that would make the skill WAY to big.

I don't see anything wrong with having a skill with many useful features. It just proves that my ideas are better than a lot of jagex's. Think of hunter. Just as many features as this but mostly a useless skill.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

I don't see anything wrong with having a skill with many useful features. It just proves that my ideas are better than a lot of jagex's. Think of hunter. Just as many features as this but mostly a useless skill.

Personally i love all the ideas so far but I fear that if you keep adding more features lots of your work wil be wasted as JaGEx wouldn't add all of them as that would make the skill to big, to hard to make and it'l give them less room for potential changes and extra stuff they want.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Personally i love all the ideas so far but I fear that if you keep adding more features lots of your work wil be wasted as JaGEx wouldn't add all of them as that would make the skill to big, to hard to make and it'l give them less room for potential changes and extra stuff they want.

The more features, the more Jagex (that is if they even care to use this idea, etc.) have to choose from.. if not all. Therefore, the best of the list of features. I mean, if progression comes naturally.. take advantage of it. It isn't like.. oh I have another idea of how we could implement this skill.. but.. nah not going to mention it.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

The best thing about this skill idea is

1)The skill is fantastic, well thought out and explains everything properly (hell, even i can understand it :P )

2)It's pretty much opening doors to old skills and new content, Almost, if not, ALL skills are playing a part in the skill and have some nice roles in it.

3)You added the bad things about the skill, and even the bad things (randoms) are well detailed and well explained.

4)It makes Time Team look even more boring then it already is, your educating the whole of the RS population and making it fun at the same time.

My only downside is the cape, Gold and a Sapphire blue would look sexy on the cape :P

Zaroterasu.png

I updated the supporter list. We jumped from 314 to 359! Keep the supports coming! This idea will only die down when people stop supporting it! I will actually give the idea to Jagex when we reach 500 supporters, so we aren't far now!

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png