The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

Outsanity

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omfg what a bored skill?

You bloody idiot.

Current account: Dragonguy 87

Goals: Get members

Get all skills 40+

Hehe, this is like Jagex telling half of Runescape players that they're [developmentally delayed]. Sort of. That's how I interpreted it. :P

Runescape is why I support abortion.

This woulden't fit in to Runescape at all, because when you look at the other skills, they are skills that was used by people in the Midievel (spelling?). At least I know that people back then were Archeologists...

lol...Runescape is not based in Medieval times. If you really knew the game, you'd understand that.

Furthermore, I'd like you to tell me how Runecrafting and Summoning fit into "Medieval" logics.

Oh...and fyi. Archaeologists and historians existed in the Medieval times. Just because everything before now is history to us doesn't mean people in what call "historic" periods didn't have "historic" periods of their own.

So please, educate yourself.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

I love this idea, I would love this skill, very well thought out, nicely planned and I think JaGex should use this idea and I might acctually think of coming back to members! <3:

JeGex, make this the next big update after summoning and you may get alot of your members back.

I support. \' :thumbsup: =D>

Old 'Scaper - returned * Former TET Leader * Council of Elders Member * Confirmed Scaredy Cat * Mother of 6 * Quester * Friend to many

saskia_snow.png

What an amazingly thought out skill, I absolutely love it.

I really do hope Jagex seriously consider adding this skill as I believe a lot of people would return to being members in RuneScape.

I support 100% :thumbsup:

Happy_Aussie.png

This is one of the most well thought out suggestions I've ever read. You did some good work thinking up this, and I'd definitely like to see it implemented. Since the summoning skill is coming out in January, we could see this implemented in mid-late 2008, I'd certainly hope so :thumbsup:

Its an awesome suggestion

happysigbp0.jpg

OMG, I READ THE ENTIRE GUIDE, AND IT IS REALLY WELL WRITTEN AND PLANNED OUT (as in, planned out enough for JaGeX to just work on it instead of correcting some of the written structure lied out already). One thing though, the lvl 1 trowel should already be bronze, and instead, make the one after it iron; thus allowing the ancient trowel to be dragon instead of rune.

SUPPORT, BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE POSTED THIS ENTIRE THING ON THE RSOF

support! when i was little i always wanted to be a archeologist, not anymore tho.

very well worked out.

(i had the siggy in my sig for some time now but didn't post my support

rida81.png

Rida81.png

became quest point master on: 21 dec 2007 2:43 pm

nice idea!!! I would love to do some archeology. But i think you need more 'ancient' objects.

For example: ancient pottery. You will have to collect all the pieces and put them together like a jigsaw. When you put a whole piece together you'll receive bonus exp and you can sell it to the museum.

Another example: Ancient armor. This armor is very rare and have to be repaired (at your house or something). Then it can be sold or be used as armor, but beware, it will decay like a crystal shield does.

I really like your ideas about the fossils, but it would be great if you could dig up whole skeletons of ancient dragons and more extinct animals. You would have to collect all the bones of a creature, polish the bones and put it together. Then it can be sold at the museum for gp + prayer exp, or you can use it as decoration in your house (who doesn't dream of a huge boney dragon in your own house?)

This way it will be possible to learn some things about runescape's interessting history. And after all, that's what archeology is about.

Too Bad, Summoning PWNED it.

But, I do hope this skill comes out because you made it so interesting.

Lol...Summoning doesn't own it...it just was made into the game first. A lot of confirmations of Archaeology in the future have been spotted, so don't expect this skill to go unheard.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

I just updated the support list from 160 to 185 supporters. I am very pleased with the amount of positive feedback I am getting.

I am also happy to say that I now have a laptop and internet hooked up in my room, so I will begin to work on new ideas to spice this skill idea up even more.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

• 2 weeks later...