Longsword Versus Scimitar

00hydro

yeah, Scimmi wins

I personally think it's just bad game design on Jagex's part, not making the longsword be on par with the scimmi.

O yeah... whatever you do - dont waste your cash on a d2h - bloody pathetic excuse for a weapon.

Along with the Battle axes, Maces, and many, many more! Seriously, although there has to be "useless" weapons... there just has to be.

You can't 100% balance a game completely.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

• 2 weeks later...
It is not speed that is what makes a weapon good, nor is it power. A dagger is fastest, while 2h is slowest.

You must compare its damage and speed. The dragon long has a special. Ok. 4 specials in 5 minits. Who says im going to use its special anyways? DDS is better...

Now the skim. Its fast, near dagger speed, strenth bonus slightly lower. Its special is useless, but then agan, im using DDS or DBA. It is able to do slightly less damage is much faster time. (plug it in on the damage calculator. In 80% of the cases, D long can do 0-1 more damage) Now, D long is more accurate, but it takes longer to hit. Even if the Skim is "slightly" less accurate, it attaks faster to make up for it.

Now lets look at it this way:

WHo has used both weapons?

Those who have used both, can actully experiance both, and compare, not with facts, but brute power and speed, the experiance, and the grace. Its ability to do massive dammage, and hit almost dagger-like. Thats wher the whip actully comes in. It is the power of a D skimmy, but speed of dagger. Combining power and speed. D long, simply hits 1 or 2 more, but is much slower.

Anyone up for my challege?

If you've ever used a D skim, you would choose D long. nuff said.

Dragon scimitar is the same speed as whip and scimitar.

It all depends on experience rates, not personal choice simply enough. I think it has been stated many times that Dragon Scimitar has a higher rate of experience gaining than the Dragon Longsword, that is basically the end of the thread. I quite like the Dragon Scimitar's special attack, I think it looks cool and it earned me a glory amulet in an iron war once. Some level 126 was protecting from melee while getting piled and I Severed her and she got decimated in the 5 second period.

No. Dragon scimitar is not as fast as the whip.

Also, Scimitars are better for training. The special? Then just bring along a DDS, it's better than the Dragon Longsword special anyways. ;)

Yes it is.

Dagger=whip=d scim

In speed anyways

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

It is not speed that is what makes a weapon good, nor is it power. A dagger is fastest, while 2h is slowest.

You must compare its damage and speed. The dragon long has a special. Ok. 4 specials in 5 minits. Who says im going to use its special anyways? DDS is better...

Now the skim. Its fast, near dagger speed, strenth bonus slightly lower. Its special is useless, but then agan, im using DDS or DBA. It is able to do slightly less damage is much faster time. (plug it in on the damage calculator. In 80% of the cases, D long can do 0-1 more damage) Now, D long is more accurate, but it takes longer to hit. Even if the Skim is "slightly" less accurate, it attaks faster to make up for it.

Now lets look at it this way:

WHo has used both weapons?

Those who have used both, can actully experiance both, and compare, not with facts, but brute power and speed, the experiance, and the grace. Its ability to do massive dammage, and hit almost dagger-like. Thats wher the whip actully comes in. It is the power of a D skimmy, but speed of dagger. Combining power and speed. D long, simply hits 1 or 2 more, but is much slower.

Anyone up for my challege?

If you've ever used a D skim, you would choose D long. nuff said.

Dragon scimitar is the same speed as whip and scimitar.

It all depends on experience rates, not personal choice simply enough. I think it has been stated many times that Dragon Scimitar has a higher rate of experience gaining than the Dragon Longsword, that is basically the end of the thread. I quite like the Dragon Scimitar's special attack, I think it looks cool and it earned me a glory amulet in an iron war once. Some level 126 was protecting from melee while getting piled and I Severed her and she got decimated in the 5 second period.

No. Dragon scimitar is not as fast as the whip.

Also, Scimitars are better for training. The special? Then just bring along a DDS, it's better than the Dragon Longsword special anyways. ;)

Yes it is.

Dagger=whip=d scim

In speed anyways

ok forgive me if im wrong..ok skim gots 1 more speed than long woo what fun

but after i completed Monkey Madness....and got the skim...i had a huge upgrade from my d long and started to train faster and later on pk with it

once i went with it...sold my d long =P

also (note i've seen this with rune skim and long only...but same principle should apply to d weps) when im pkin and i use skim and my opponent uses longsword...for every 3 hits i do with my skim he does 2..now do the math

lets say max hit w/ skim = 10

with long = 12 (to not be mistaken -.-)

10(3) > 11(2)

even if the skim is less accurate its speed makes up for it..

now for the specs...yea yea d long is better..so..go add 2 more damage and its still less than skim (follow the formula)

you may now start proving me wrong :twisted:

tipitmainsigjpg.jpg

you like pudding....me too

[hide=More Friend Codes coming soon -.- (some are now included cmon pm me

I rather use Scimitar than a Longsword because Scimitars are much faster and i like the looks of Scimitars :thumbsup:

My Zerker Pure:Crazed Pinoy

Attack: 92/99

Strength: 99/99

Defence: 45/45

Magic: 94/94

Range: 97/99

Cb Lvl: 103/106

Currently Training Range to 99=D

I think both are quite useful. A D long is more of a balanced weapon. Where it lacks in speed, it makes up for it in power. It requires a fairly easy quest to do, has a decent special and looks pretty cool 8-)

And although the D long may not be the fastest dragon weapon, it still fares better than the Dragon 2h or dragon B axe(in terms of speed), doesn't it? ;)

However, if you can do the monkey madness quest, D scim is the best choice for you.

(Sorry if I repeated anything anyone else said, I didn't read the whole topic)

Now imagine if ever hit was a spec...

Hint hint D scim

id rather the d long spec constantly then d scim tbh :ugeek:

Well, D long spec constntly= d scim...

Owned_Nex.png

Since I'm so sick of these topics I did a little math. I recorded (with hypercam) a timer beside me in runescape using a longsword and a scimitar then looked at it frame-by-frame to get the times. It's 2.5 seconds per hit with a scimmy and 3 seconds per hit with a longsword. The dragon scimitar has 67 slash attack and 66 str bonus, and (67+66)/2.5 = 53.2 stats per second. The dragon longsword is 69 slash attack and 71 str bonus, and (69+71)/3 = 46.7 stats per second. Add a rune defender (19 slash, 5 str) and it's 62.8 sps vs 54.7. Scimitar wins, end of story.

quit

Hint hint D scim

:wall:

d long spec = harder hit

d scim hits lower than d long w/o spec so no your wrong there

edit

Cleave

Dragon Longsword Temporarily increases Strength and Attack for a hit

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

Hint hint D scim

d long spec = harder hit

edit

Cleave

HOWEVER, that is in one hit. Sure the D scim MIGHT hit one damage lower, but it makes that up with another hit. So you are in a way correct, in that they are not equal. D Scim appears to be better even if D long has constant specials.

Owned_Nex.png

Since I'm so sick of these topics I did a little math. I recorded (with hypercam) a timer beside me in runescape using a longsword and a scimitar then looked at it frame-by-frame to get the times. It's 2.5 seconds per hit with a scimmy and 3 seconds per hit with a longsword. The dragon scimitar has 67 slash attack and 66 str bonus, and (67+66)/2.5 = 53.2 stats per second. The dragon longsword is 69 slash attack and 71 str bonus, and (69+71)/3 = 46.7 stats per second. Add a rune defender (19 slash, 5 str) and it's 62.8 sps vs 54.7. Scimitar wins, end of story.

how can the conversation continue after this :D :o

nexussigar2.png

barbaric_man.png

[hide=]

Hint hint D scim

d long spec = harder hit

edit

Cleave

HOWEVER, that is in one hit. Sure the D scim MIGHT hit one damage lower, but it makes that up with another hit. So you are in a way correct, in that they are not equal. D Scim appears to be better even if D long has constant specials.

[/hide] but in if every hit was a special the max hit AND likelyhood that you would hit it go up so tbh it makes them more even
siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

how can the conversation continue after this :D :o

Because Strength and accuracy cannot be weighed as equal... but I guess it's irrelevent, as Scimitar is better than a longsword.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

[hide=]

Hint hint D scim

d long spec = harder hit

edit

Cleave

[/hide] but in if every hit was a special the max hit AND likelyhood that you would hit it go up so tbh it makes them more even

Hitting your max every hit is very unlikely. Even so, D scim would STILL have a higher damage.

Owned_Nex.png

[hide=]

Hint hint D scim

d long spec = harder hit

edit

Cleave

Hitting your max every hit is very unlikely. Even so, D scim would STILL have a higher damage.

Exactly, I can't really see why we're having a debate. Going by 'max' is off, as your timing is - it's 2.77 seconds and 3.16, respectively, with a +-.05% error Unless my memory fails me.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks