Longsword Versus Scimitar

00hydro

yay someone agrees with me... lol

Andways, D mace is the same special as long, but hits harder. its just a bit slower.

Thanks pantim. The dragon mace's attack boosts strength like crazy, uses up 25% of the special bar, and owns the longsword. But a DDS would be better if the player had a low attack level, as the DDS boosts BOTH attack and strength.

The dagger also hits 8 times if 100% of the bar is used. Compare that to the specials of the Dragon longsword, scimitar and mace and the Abyssal Whip. They all PALE in comparison.

Well, usualy DDS is used at lower lvls, as you are guarenteed a few hitrs, but D mace is amazing. You hit a 40+ number or you miss. Overall, DDS probably does have the best special, but it dosn't raise str and atk THAT much.

I say use the Dragon Mace ONLY when you are CONFIDENT of getting a good hit. If not, play safe and use the DDS.

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

yay someone agrees with me... lol

Andways, D mace is the same special as long, but hits harder. its just a bit slower.

Thanks pantim. The dragon mace's attack boosts strength like crazy, uses up 25% of the special bar, and owns the longsword. But a DDS would be better if the player had a low attack level, as the DDS boosts BOTH attack and strength.

The dagger also hits 8 times if 100% of the bar is used. Compare that to the specials of the Dragon longsword, scimitar and mace and the Abyssal Whip. They all PALE in comparison.

Well, usualy DDS is used at lower lvls, as you are guarenteed a few hitrs, but D mace is amazing. You hit a 40+ number or you miss. Overall, DDS probably does have the best special, but it dosn't raise str and atk THAT much.

D mace - Hit a 40+ or miss, eh? Then explain how after 4 specials, WITH piety, I hit a grand total of 3 :oops:

Back on topic, I combat-wise prefer the Dragon Scimitar simply because of speed, yet my heart lies with the Longsword *RSC Product*

Is your attack level high, Saradomin_Mage? If not, you will be cheated of good hits.

Anyway I agree with your second point. :thumbsup:

My Blog

4z9pgcp.gif

I've got to say long sword. The spec hits much harder, and you can use it 3 times. Scim: once, and it doesn't do much.

The only time I use a scim is just when I'm being bored/hanging out with friends; thus for looks :).

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

well, D hally is the "dds" of high lvls and large monsters

The dragon halberd is powerful when using the special, but other than that it is slightly more than a useless piece of metal. No offence BTW.

My Blog

4z9pgcp.gif

I've got to say long sword. The spec hits much harder, and you can use it 3 times. Scim: once, and it doesn't do much.

The only time I use a scim is just when I'm being bored/hanging out with friends; thus for looks :).

I thought the D longsword could be used for the special 4 times?

Anyway, I still disagree with your second point.

My Blog

4z9pgcp.gif

Thats the point...the ONLY advantage over d skimmy is the 4 SPECIALS After that, its damage and speed pailes in comparison to D skimmy.

Anyways, D hally is a useless piece of metal...but then again, so is D long. Only reason to use D hally is specials, only reason to use D long is specials, and even the specil of D long really sucks.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

d skimy looks cooler. you get more regicnition when you have a dragon skimy because it's harder to do mm than it is heroes.

dragon long is usually found on 60's- early 80's and new members.

what makes combat go round and round? str str str str str str str atk.

and the little curve just looks so much more sick than an awkward stick pointing up in the air. and the special just looks cooler.

d long looks=6

d skim looks= 8.5

mostly looks. i had a longsword while i was able to use the skimy and i just got really comfortable with the looks of it and how you look when you lash upon the enemy. should i go on? O:)

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

d skimy looks cooler. you get more regicnition when you have a dragon skimy because it's harder to do mm than it is heroes.

and the little curve just looks so much more sick than an awkward stick pointing up in the air. and the special just looks cooler.

d long looks=6

d skim looks= 8.5

mostly looks. i had a longsword while i was able to use the skimy and i just got really comfortable with the looks of it and how you look when you lash upon the enemy. should i go on? O:)

With the Dragon scimitar, not only do you get more exp in NORMAL combat than the Dragon Longsword, you also look cool with the slick edge of the red blade. The blade slashing through the air, bringing down a sense of pain and destruction on the target, is nothing less than uber-1337ness.

It also signifies that you are much more proficient in your mastery of the combat skills as you need to complete Monkey Madness before you can wield a D scimitar. A D Longsword only requires the Lost City quest, which (to the best of my understanding as I am F2P) is much easier than the latter quest.

What are you waiting for? Use the Dragon Scimitar over the Dragon Longsword today!

My Blog

4z9pgcp.gif

d long looks=6

d skim looks= 8.5

With the Dragon scimitar, not only do you get more exp in NORMAL combat than the Dragon Longsword, you also look cool with the slick edge of the red blade. The blade slashing through the air, bringing down a sense of pain and destruction on the target, is nothing less than uber-1337ness.

It also signifies that you are much more proficient in your mastery of the combat skills as you need to complete Monkey Madness before you can wield a D scimitar. A D Longsword only requires the Lost City quest, which (to the best of my understanding as I am F2P) is much easier than the latter quest.

What are you waiting for? Use the Dragon Scimitar over the Dragon Longsword today!

You know alot being f2p...

Both quests are actually pretty easy. Lost city is shorter, but you can just fletch arrows and bow and safespot, now easier then ever with assist system. Monkey madness is just long, easy if you have cannon/prayer pots, 43+prayer.

But yeah....A curved red thing pwnzs a long bulky red thing.

Owned_Nex.png

d long looks=6

d skim looks= 8.5

You know alot being f2p...

Both quests are actually pretty easy. Lost city is shorter, but you can just fletch arrows and bow and safespot, now easier then ever with assist system. Monkey madness is just long, easy if you have cannon/prayer pots, 43+prayer.

But yeah....A curved red thing pwnzs a long bulky red thing.

Nah, I just read a lot in my free time.

Anyway, information from members is more reliable than mine.

But yeah....A curved red thing DEFINITELY PWNS a long bulky red thing.

My Blog

4z9pgcp.gif

The dragon long is a horrible weapon

The special is perhaps the ONLY reason anyone should use it. But even then, if you have access to a dragon long, you have access to dragon daggers.

In the Scim vs Long argument, aside from personal preference, the scimitar is better overall in everything except the special attack, but again, if you have access to the long, you have access to the dds, which is a MUCH better weapon to special with.

Its faster xp an hour

Its more damage over time

Its special is next to useless

but it is still statistically better than a long

All right, let's bring some math into this. I can hear all of you cheering. After all, everybody loves math.

Dragon Longsword speed rating (taken from KB): 5

Dragon Scimitar speed rating (taken from KB): 6

That basically means that a Dragon Scimitar can hit 6 times in the time it takes for a Dragon Longsword to 5.

Max hit with just Dragon Longsword at 80 strength, agressive, no pots or prayers: 20. With special: 25

Max hit with just Dragon Scimitar at 80 strength, agressive, no pots or prayers: 19.

All right, then. 5 times 20 equals 100. Let's say that one of those five hits was a special. So that's 105.

6 times 19 equals 114.

Now, for the final question....

Which is bigger: 105 or 114?

Of course, I'm not factoring in accuracy here. But even if I were, the Dragon Longsword would not surpass the Dragon Scimitar.

think that answer the question :-w

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Well, since the

"Uber d long pl0x ownzorzs skim" has died down, and the "d long specials" are better had been used up...I think D skimmy has won.

Owned_Nex.png

I would use the scimitar for fast exp.

But if you would compare them, I think they allmost are the same.

The Dragon scimitar has the speed, the Long has the better bonusses and the spec.

Let's that the scimitar rules because it looks cool!

gratzs...

But yeah...looks like D skimmy wins.

TBH, a few str bonus dosn't increase your max hit unless its on the verge of going up one

Owned_Nex.png

it's a few strength and attack bonuses, specifically the stab attack.

but then, i've had a person tell me that a warrior's ring is a waste while the berserker ring isn't. almost the whole community seems to think that a few points in an attack bonus mean nothing as a replacement for speed, and rightly so, based on my observations

zerker ring isint very useful, but if you only need 2 or 3 str bonus, then the ring can help.

But then again, a extra hit can easily make up for a u dmg more hit

Owned_Nex.png

it seems alot of people here seem to think that str > speed on how good a weapon is

WRONG

in the time a d long hits 4 times, a scimmy hits 5.

the extra 1 max hit means in theory that one scimmy hit must hit a 4 or lower, but on most monster people train on, and at a decent combat lvl themselves, it will rarely miss. also, a d long is almost just as likely to miss as its attack bonuses are SLIGHTLY higher, nothing insane like the godswords bonus compared to a whip

also, when training, alot of people dont use dds.

or d mace

they use a dba spec for str then an att/super attack for makign up the attack, so please, leave the specs out of this. it is not the spec that makes the weapon, its the damage/second AVERAGE

and scimmy wins on that.

ill test it and post the results later

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

in the time a d long hits 4 times, a scimmy hits 5.

Err...walka92? The longsword hits 5 times in the time a scimitar can manage 6.

Anyway, I agree with the rest. Although I'm not so sure if members prefer to use dba special over the dds. Most of the member training guides usually recommend the dds, but I cannot really say for sure as I am F2P.

My Blog

4z9pgcp.gif