Wow I hate cannons...

Dino_Da_Gino

Ok, so I've been ranging at the Lathas ogres since saturday (going for 99 range), and every once in a while someone sets up a freaking cannon and totally freezes out everyone else, stealing all the xp. And during the day, it's hard enough to find a non-packed world. So when someone comes and sets a cannon up, it's so annoying. I had a world all to myself once and this guy logs in and goes "sorry man" and sets up his stupid [wagon] cannon. Ugh.

This has happened more than a few times. I hate when people do this, it's so inconsiderate of other people. This one jerk today even goes "thers nuthin u can do about it lol." Pff, idiot.

Ugh, anyway, had to let that out. Makes me want to find where they live and smash their faces in with a hammer.

:evil:

dino_da_gino.png

Or, you know, you could wait until the cannon went around and take a monster with a free 30 damage on it for you.

Trust me, there are much worse things in Runescape than cannon-users. If you work with them, you can get the same amount of experience per hour while getting even more drops than usual, and who doesn't want that?

Though, I havn't played Runescape in a few months, so I'm sure there's got to be at least one flaw with my argument :-k .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Your argument makes no sense. I'm getting ogres at a slower rate with a cannon user than without one. I don't want ogres that are damaged, I want whole ogres for the xp. And with someone using a cannon and ranging on their own, they get the majority of them. Plus, when someone is shooting ogres with a cannon, I can't even attack them.

There are worse things, and I know that... but right now I'm ranging, and this is what is annoying me.

dino_da_gino.png

In many situations, changing worlds is necessary. There's many activities you just can't expect to do if you are not ready to change worlds, this is how you play this game.

2480+ total

My secret: I'll pm you with it.

Yes it's annoying but you have to deal with it. Also macros are more annoying tbh. :P

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Your argument makes no sense. I'm getting ogres at a slower rate with a cannon user than without one. I don't want ogres that are damaged, I want whole ogres for the xp. And with someone using a cannon and ranging on their own, they get the majority of them. Plus, when someone is shooting ogres with a cannon, I can't even attack them.

There are worse things, and I know that... but right now I'm ranging, and this is what is annoying me.

Yes you can. Unless something changed since I quit, there's a window between each cannon shot where you can get an attack in and steal the monster, unless the player himself is attacking the monster along with his cannon.

But ya, too lazy to get the data on the ogres, so carry on.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Buy a cannon?

If you can't beat em, join em.

See if the cannon works better, that way you'll have the ogres to yourself.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Always the same story. The monsters do not belong to anyone, so anyone is allowed to come along and set up his cannon. You can't steal exp that didn't belong to you to begin with.

It's not unreasonable for the person using the cannon to kill all the monsters. You cannot say that they are "stealing kills" since the kills were never your to begin with. You can say that it is "inconsiderate" of him, but he is just using a more efficient method and your well-being is not his responsibility. You cannot say that it's an unfair advantage because everyone has the same opportunity to get a cannon, he has chosen to take it and you have not.

Just get your own cannon pr stop whining and switch worlds. Also, it's really low of you to use real life threats they accomplish absolutely nothing. Oh and don't rant if you're only making this rant to let out some steam. This is a discussion forum not a punching bag.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

You guys get too worked up.

World hop or find somewhere else to train..

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Always the same story. The monsters do not belong to anyone, so anyone is allowed to come along and set up his cannon. You can't steal exp that didn't belong to you to begin with.

It's not unreasonable for the person using the cannon to kill all the monsters. You cannot say that they are "stealing kills" since the kills were never your to begin with. You can say that it is "inconsiderate" of him, but he is just using a more efficient method and your well-being is not his responsibility. You cannot say that it's an unfair advantage because everyone has the same opportunity to get a cannon, he has chosen to take it and you have not.

Just get your own cannon pr stop whining and switch worlds. Also, it's really low of you to use real life threats they accomplish absolutely nothing. Oh and don't rant if you're only making this rant to let out some steam. This is a discussion forum not a punching bag.

Dude, you sound like my mom :-X

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

Dude, you sound like my mom :-X

All of the sudden a good arguement makes him sound like your mom? -.- Do something productive with your post <.< ....

On topic, like Solidus said, it's not like it's your training ground. If you can't stand having someone else beat you to it in killing monsters then beat it. I am getting bored of lame rants such as; someone stole my coal rock!, or I was hunting chimponas before this guy comes in!!!!, or in this case; someone put up a cannon where I was training, now I'm going to rant about how someone took all off the monsters.... :XD:

I don't understand how you can say that he was stealing your xp when you were training your range. Was he getting credited for your hits? I don't think so. You were still getting the xp for each hit you did so how was he stealing your xp? It's not like you were training slayer and he was getting credit for the kill and xp that goes along with the kill.

Try to understand how the game works before you complain.

Besides, he has every right to be there with his cannon as you have every right to be there too. Why would jagex release the cannon if people weren't allowed to use them because you don't have 1.

aglipoy.png

Lol I totally own cannoners at Lathas training ground. I just stick two or more ogres with arrows and then go back and forth shooting them. One cannoner even left because I had like three ogres that his cannon couldn't attack and there were no ogres respawning. :XD:You just gotta be smarter than them.

And besides, no matter where you go there is always someone there to complain about the cannon. There is no such thing as an empty world at dagganoths, or at the Lathas training ground it seems. So at least he was polite in the fact that he found a world in which only one person would be inconvenienced.

Wow guys, wow. This is a rant. This is for blowing off steam. I was mad at the time. Seriously get off your high horses, I'm so sick of that attitude around here. I'm entitled to get mad at someone if I want to. You would think a rant forum would be a place where someone can vent frustration without being attacked by everyone reading it. I told you guys that I hop worlds when I need to, and obviously I'm not under the impression that it's my training ground or my experience they're stealing.

I guarantee that every one of you has been mad at something in this game at one time or another. I should have known this was going to happen though. Everyone here seems to get off on feeling superior to someone else, but whatever...

Try to understand how the game works before you complain.

I have a perfect understanding of how the game works. I never said they weren't allowed to use them, I said I am ANNOYED by them.

dino_da_gino.png

At least he was nice enough to say sorry.

My god. Get your own cannon then and stop whining.

Dude, be quiet. If you understood what I'm saying you wouldn't have that attitude.

Yes, I would, I fully understand what you are saying. You are speaking code for "I don't like it when people who are better than me take kills that aren't even mine anyway."

:?

[English translation needed]

Ugh, anyway, had to let that out. Makes me want to find where they live and smash their faces in with a hammer.

You need to attend some anger management classes if you want to go smash someone's face over a simple little game. You have a serious problem there.

aglipoy.png

My god. Get your own cannon then and stop whining.

Dude, be quiet. If you understood what I'm saying you wouldn't have that attitude.

Yes, I would, I fully understand what you are saying. You are speaking code for "I don't like it when people who are better than me take kills that aren't even mine anyway."

:?

Hmm, he still doesn't seem to understand. Oh well, he's a lost cause.

You need to attend some anger management classes if you want to go mash someone's face over a simple little game. You have a serious problem there.

Nah. I'm actually a mellow person, I just was frustrated at the time.

I'm over this now, someone lock it up. Oh LAWD, and throw away the key \'

dino_da_gino.png