What happened to fun fighting?

Dizzle229

if we're getting techincal here, then wood isn't flammable. it's combustable. flammability refers to how easy to ignite the substance is, and how rapidly it burns. therefore, gasoline vapors are flammable, wood is not.

My turn!

Combustibility is just the property of a substance to react with oxygen exothermically, not necessarily fire. I think reb meant that wood burns, as simple as it gets.

Thing is, when playing against another person with much at stake, the last thing you want to do is fight them again, and it most definitely wasn't a good fight if it they almost won (in my book, a good fight is one you win easily :wink: ). The point is, people tend to enjoy their victories, and why not? They deserve it right? After all, a victory is more valuable than courtesy to most folks anyway.

But if a guy is just being a jerk....Well yeah, he's just being a jerk.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

As stated earlier in the topic, I see it as those behind the screen, not to be punished for how they act *within accordance to the rules* will do what they want. Whether they want to act nice and say "Gf man" or be immature in a sense and say "stfu, get away you noob" let them be. Just don't add to the problem, set the standard of how one should act.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Why should people be rude, immature and some people even curse people you dont know?

e.g. for PK : Safe,Pray,Run,Tele,Brew,1-item,Team,Tag...etc

its really pathetic and immature to get someone in castle wars to 0hp and say "Noob I own you!" or "stfu you [cabbage]x99999"

I have no problem with pker, even rc pker even if I believe they are stupid losing their time (I am CB so they have to be at least 121, sthat ios why I say losing their time)

I have more problme with the stupid ones (immature yes) that kill me when i go back to take my pouches on the ground...(I drop naturally)just to annoy people.

Yesterday Iw as so happy, I was killed by a pker and lost my glory(I don't really care but ... ;) They guy wanted to attack me again(what really bother me) but was just taken by a real pker (killing stupid rc pker ;) )

He got killed and lost verac d boots warrior rings lot of ri-uens and 2 glories and other things worth a total of 5 Mio)

I was dam happy and I got my glory back from this gentlemen.

I gave him 10 sup restore as he will probably need when killing those rc pker ( as I said I don't care about being pked when I am RC as far as I can get back my pouches without being re-attacked)

Hey, we were all kids once and I'm sure some of us has been sore losers. Face it, we all are sore losers.

Actually, I mostly agree with you on this. I doubt many people can say that when they were little kids they were perfect and didn't act childish when they lost or won. The reason Runescape is being drowned by these people is because younger and younger people are joining everyday, and many of them haven't grown out of their childish ways. Theres no way for Jagex to stop this. They put in a age question and all the young kids lie through it. Thats today's world for you. Lots of kids haven't been brought up with good morals (Not lying for example) and so the age requirement is just a waste of time.

P.S. Sorry if I went somewhat off topic, but I thought I should explain everything or else it wouldn't make sense.

barrowbarkr2.png

What happened to fun fighting?

i think competitive fighting killed it

title jokes aside, even if the kids were brought up with good morals, they've got anonymity (as previously said). if they lie/cheat/act like living crap, no one can trace it to them unless they stupidly give out their personal info, in which case they have bigger things to worry about. even on thos forum, which so many consider superior to the official forums, people act like this simply because they can be anything they'd like on the internet.

heck, i'm thought to be a 40 year old woman from virginia that overreacts about everything. does that mean i should act like a complete [wagon] without the blame being put on the real one known as A_Local_Guy?

It seems that Runescape is becoming more realistic.

As my grandparents told me (over and over) that their days were safe and fun. They hardly used to argue and all was *almost* perfectly fair.

This can be compared to the early days of RS. Hardly discrimination and the game was fun.

Now through the years, RL and RS have gone through serious changes.

You barely mash a guys foot, you say "sorry" and he wants to jack you up with a knife instead of saying something like "Its ok".

In RS now, as you stated, you try to have a fun fight and you die.

"r0fl 0wned n33b". <.<

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

It seems that Runescape is becoming more realistic.

As my grandparents told me (over and over) that their days were safe and fun. They hardly used to argue and all was *almost* perfectly fair.

This can be compared to the early days of RS. Hardly discrimination and the game was fun.

Now through the years, RL and RS have gone through serious changes.

You barely mash a guys foot, you say "sorry" and he wants to jack you up with a knife instead of saying something like "Its ok".

In RS now, as you stated, you try to have a fun fight and you die.

"r0fl 0wned n33b". <.<

So true, in RL you can barely poke somebody and theyll hold you at gunpoint (at least where I live anyway <.< )

On topic:

Most of the pkers and stakers just turn out to be immature little kids. Im not sure if its a coincidence or just their personality type, w/e. Since they are immature little kids (emphasis on the IMMATURE) they will say immature things just to boost themselves up (since they are... LITTLE). They dont care, they just won and want to bask in the moment. They dont care that their little comment is contributing to the downfall of the economy, mostly because they have no idea (since they are KIDS).

The only thing you can do is stay a polite, responsable, grown-up person and do not sink to their level. Maybe they will catch on and start acting mature (doubt it, but its worth a try eh?).

-Pasty

Pasty.png

this falls under the "im a good runescaper, why cant everyone else be?" category, of course not everyone is going to be all happy go lucky "wow great fight! your really good!", so dont go expecting it

clansig7.gif

Didnt read all the posts, so this was probably said:

Theres too many little kids who think their all cool and tough to be able to kill other people's pixels. It's kind of dumb, but at least there still are the PVP people who will be respectful.

For me.. I let them have their fun. They think they're tough. Let them act like that irl so they can get beat up.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

Too many competitive kids out there, all addicted to winning - lol.

+1 So true

Along with this, when you're in game, you have no fear of retaliation, as irl if you said that to someone, they could easily just go up to you and punch you in the face or pull out a weapon to threaten you. With the lack of retaliation, they basically have free reign on their name calling

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Face it, we all are sore losers.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree (all absolutes are false). I have never been a sore loser, even in my hormonal teen years.

Contradiction party \' . And a complete bull [cabbage] support sentence \' .

Besides, of course, being a grossly misinformed concept. How 'bout "all triangles have three sides"? Or, "all humans have skin cells" or "are impure to a degree"? Or how 'bout, "all humans desire love"? "All wood is flammable"? "All books utilize characters and/or images to get ideas across"? "No one is omniscient"? "All giraffes are herbivores"? "All diamonds refract light"? "All humans need oxygen"?

See what I'm getting at?

To your point, with infinite sample sizes, your hypothesis might have some grounding to it, as that would nearly guarentee a breaking of all absolutes, other than definition absolutes. But in a finite world, it is completely and utterly wrong.

And yes you have been a sore loser in your life, especially considering it is based on varying degrees and not dichotimies. It's not even worth calling you a liar, considering how self-evident the fact is.

I can't help it, but... OWNED. :XD: \'

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

I too always comment my opponents, whether i won or not. If your not willing to type out "gf man, better luck next time" then a simple "gf" will suffice. I can't stand pkers who say "noob" or other insults as their opponent dies just because they realize their opponent is now harmless. Its not that its offensive (it takes a lot more then "noob" to offend me)merely the fact that you show no respect. Ironically, it seems to be the 1 itemers, pjers, and other low forms of pkers who try to make fun of their opponent.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

That's odd actually, every time i lose or win I say gf, or if it was a fun fight, or a long fight, i say gf :D

All anyone else says to me is gf...

Maybe because I don't stake, so it is fun fighting anyway...

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113