What happened to fun fighting?

Dizzle229

When I am pked or killed in the arena, I say "GF man, hope to fight you again soon". I don't get mad.

When I pk somebody, or they kill me in the arena, I say "GF mate, better luck next time". How come whenever somebody kills me, they say "OMG w00t i whipped u noob!!!".

Whatever happened to duelers respect?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

This type of response to losing has always been here. You've just missed it. I do admit, it has gotten a lot worse over Runescape's growth, but this is the way some humans are. There will always be people that are sore winners and sore losers, no way to get rid of it. It's good to know that there are other people in RS that are respectful even after losing, but not all kids are brought up to act like this.

barrowbarkr2.png

This type of response to losing has always been here. You've just missed it. I do admit, it has gotten a lot worse over Runescape's growth, but this is the way some humans are. There will always be people that are sore winners and sore losers, no way to get rid of it. It's good to know that there are other people in RS that are respectful even after losing, but not all kids are brought up to act like this.

you took the words right out of my mouth...

D3g3rtz.png

Most PKers are immature scumbags. Sorry, that's the way it is.

At the Duel Arena I find most people usually are polite, as long as you don't go to one of the over-competitive worlds.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Because they enjoy the most fun aspect of the game? :? If that makes you an immature scumbag, then I'd gladly be labeled one.

People who go to duel arena with the intention of fun duels are often people trying out new pieces of armor, new stats, etc., and as such are oftentimes going to have a temporarily inflated ego. Many stakers have extreme respect for each other (well, at least some do, lol), but the average fun dueller is there simply to win and gloat. You'll have to take solace in the fact that you're the more wise of the two duellers.

chesssigtexttipitlt0.jpg

Stunning signature created by the one and only My Boggy.

Just like Columbus he gets murderous on purpose

Yeah, I think the insults are really unnecessary. I love playing CW and play it all the time, but every time I kill someone, or they kill me, I get insults thrown at me. If they do something good, like a good hit on me, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll give the props for it.

Ewsentinel.png

KoAClan.org for adults

Online anonymity + Little kids = Immature, rude little kids. 'Nuff said.

That's certainly part of it.

Face it, we all are sore losers.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree (all absolutes are false). I have never been a sore loser, even in my hormonal teen years.

Contradiction party \' . And a complete bull [cabbage] support sentence \' .

Besides, of course, being a grossly misinformed concept. How 'bout "all triangles have three sides"? Or, "all humans have skin cells" or "are impure to a degree"? Or how 'bout, "all humans desire love"? "All wood is flammable"? "All books utilize characters and/or images to get ideas across"? "No one is omniscient"? "All giraffes are herbivores"? "All diamonds refract light"? "All humans need oxygen"?

See what I'm getting at?

To your point, with infinite sample sizes, your hypothesis might have some grounding to it, as that would nearly guarentee a breaking of all absolutes, other than definition absolutes. But in a finite world, it is completely and utterly wrong.

And yes you have been a sore loser in your life, especially considering it is based on varying degrees and not dichotimies. It's not even worth calling you a liar, considering how self-evident the fact is.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Face it, we all are sore losers.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree (all absolutes are false). I have never been a sore loser, even in my hormonal teen years. :wink:

You seem to be a little sore about Wookiee's statement... :)

But back to the main point. I can only suggest that you continue to show respect to everybody. Although you may not get it back you can still feel decent about yourself. And in years to come you might look back at your time playing Runescape and think "Hey, I was a decent person. Even when it wasn't required". Life's not fair and so you must accept that there are people who will do things that you don't like or don't agree with, but you will just have to keep living your life.

AfroThunderX

sig2yq6.png

Presto instant eggs.
i have the solution to "goblin diplomacy"...kill wartface and bentnoze.

Some people are just rude little 7 year olds that think their cool cause they pwned you at full helth when u had 20HP.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

dualers respect?

Ha!

now, dualers respect is less common then George Bushing actually helping someone

respect started dieing a year after rs2 begain

to many little kids starting joining Dam miniclip...

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

When I pk somebody, or they kill me in the arena, I say "GF mate, better luck next time". How come whenever somebody kills me, they say "OMG w00t i whipped u noob!!!".

Whatever happened to duelers respect?

the dueling / PKing scene got filled with people who just don't know their ettiquette. Best solution, imo, is to keep on being civil to them even if they are going all gangsta on you. Drives them mental when you get talked to after a graceful defeat and they get ignored after a disgraceful victory squawking session.

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

"All wood is flammable"?

ooh, i wanna play.

if we're getting techincal here, then wood isn't flammable. it's combustable. flammability refers to how easy to ignite the substance is, and how rapidly it burns. therefore, gasoline vapors are flammable, wood is not.

:!:

but, on topic, i was in an f2p pking world today and everyone there was eating and every .5 seconds someone yelled "safer!" or something to that extent. what are you supposed to do, just stand there while you die? :-s

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

respect started dieing a year after rs2 begain

to many little kids starting joining Dam miniclip...

lol "stupid miniclip"

Well its because people are gr33dy n00bs they just want to be the best or somthing

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

"All wood is flammable"?

ooh, i wanna play.

if we're getting techincal here, then wood isn't flammable. it's combustable. flammability refers to how easy to ignite the substance is, and how rapidly it burns. therefore, gasoline vapors are flammable, wood is not.

:!:

but, on topic, i was in an f2p pking world today and everyone there was eating and every .5 seconds someone yelled "safer!" or something to that extent. what are you supposed to do, just stand there while you die? :-s

*Cough* Rofl.

Because they enjoy the most fun aspect of the game? :?

No, because most of them seem to find enjoyment and fun in abusing and belittling others.

On the whole, PKers are the worst segment of the legitimate RS community (meaning, excluding cheats, bots, etc.)

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Because they enjoy the most fun aspect of the game? :?

No, because most of them seem to find enjoyment and fun in abusing and belittling others.

On the whole, PKers are the worst segment of the legitimate RS community (meaning, excluding cheats, bots, etc.)

yeah i hate pkers (the ones that act like that at least)

P.S. Sweet job on 99 HP qeltar, go for str next :thumbsup:

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

There is a difference in respect, and how it is given between PKing, and Staking. Any good pker, or staker knows this.

When dueling, if the person you are facing is a new to dueling, or is just fun dueling, they are there as previously said to test out their stats, and win bragging rights. Large untamed ego's go rampaging basically. You will still find some respectful fun duelers though. ;)

Those who do stake, and are the hardcore ones, it all depends on how far you push them into staking. Losing 12m, you'll get respect, winning it, you will get respect. If you win 6 phat sets off of someone, the chances they will flame, threaten, and verbally assault you will of course be high.

Though those are my estimations from around two years ago when I staked, so they could be off...

PKing however is entirely different. You earn respect, your not freely given it. If your pk technique is a sly one, be prepared to get called names. If your technique is sincere, and you have the intent of a good time, and you are showing respect, it will be seen by the other pker, unless they are some immature player who is totally oblivious to their surroundings, which in most cases they will die. ^_^

Yes, there are those who ignore whether or not you pk sincerely, but there are also those who will flame you for anything.

There are more flamers than respectful players sadly.