tip.it impersination email scam

ego_scorpion

Dear tip.it user

We are sorry to inform you that recently our server has been taken down for emergency repairs and we will need you to send us an extra copy of you tip.it account details such as tip.it username, password, runescape username and time of join. We apologise in the greatest for any inconvienince we have caused to you. If you fail to send in your account details before November 5th 2007 then your account maybe wiped from our database.

Thank You

Tip.it staff

got this in email, not sure if it was sent by tip it or not, but looks like a fishing email to me.

Game Name: Ego Scorpion

Party Hat Sets: 4

Bank Pictures: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=712645&start=0

ego_scorpion.png

Nobody from the Tip.it staff will ever ask you for your password (on any website). In addition we will never send you e-mails unless you fill out and send us a Contact Us or Account Problem message through the forms on our website. Our regular form of contact is through the forum message system.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

good thign i gave that scammer what he wanted, my "password" and my "bank pin" along with it lol, hope he has fun getting those party hats out of my bank :)

LOL. If everyone does that, I bet the scammer would learn to go straight faster than a threat of being banned =)

drapit.png

...got this in email, not sure if it was sent by tip it or not, but looks like a fishing email to me.

Most email programs have a "show header information" feature that will tell you who the real sender is. That would be useful in tracking down who the culprit is.

mcguff1.png

Its not the first or last time someone tries to scam me, or guess my password. I guess the person was drooling too hard over my pixels and wanted to try and "scam" me lol.

Best one I ever got was from "jagex staff" about a private invite only holyday event. The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time lol.

ego_scorpion.png

Dear Tip.It user

We seem to be having difficulties with your Username and password. We would like you to re-send us your current details on runescape and on tip.it. If you would be kind enough to send us an extra copy of your details then we would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You

Tip.It staff

This guy doesnt know when to give up, lol.

Here is some more details.

Name: Mr Foreskin

Email: tip.it at hotmail.co.uk

EDIT: Modified the email link so that no one could accidentally click it - McGuff1

ego_scorpion.png

Name: Mr Foreskin

Um, ew. I'll be sure to look out for it.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I don't have my e-mail posted on tif 8-)

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I have devious ideas already.

Ok, Mr. Scammer.

Username: I have OWNED

Pass: you, noob.

:P

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

Dear tip.it user

We are sorry to inform you that recently our server has been taken down for emergency repairs and we will need you to send us an extra copy of you tip.it account details such as tip.it username, password, runescape username and time of join. We apologise in the greatest for any inconvienince we have caused to you. If you fail to send in your account details before November 5th 2007 then your account maybe wiped from our database.

Thank You

Tip.it staff

got this in email, not sure if it was sent by tip it or not, but looks like a fishing email to me.

I did what he said :shock: well kinda :lol:

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about that.

My tip it username is: dedrater-era-uoy

My tip it password is: ssa ym ssik

try to reverse it

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png

razorspearz.png