I have a bone to pick with wild dogs!

krisc6

Whilst slaying greaters i tend to use the brimhaven dungeon second floor as my place to slay but oh my god the task is made 4x as hard because of the amount of wild dogs in the vacinity.I cant stand it i just want to slay greater demons without having torun up and down the floor till theyre out of distance to be chasing me.In fact wright now im slaying them and have 3 wild dogs waiting for me to kill this greater bfore they chase me down again :x Oh and dont say"just do watchtower quest and range them" because i cant stand range one bit.

thats all i dont really get stressed over runescape but god ive been here an houur and a half slaying greaters and im only halfway through my task :cry:

tifsdac6mc.gif

I know it's unfortunate, but there are other places to slay greaters in peace. I think if it really did make your job 4x as hard, you may not be doing it in the right place.

What about Entrana dungeon?

EDIT: Sorry, that was stupid. You can't have weapons there. #-o

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I know it's unfortunate, but there are other places to slay greaters in peace. I think if it really did make your job 4x as hard, you may not be doing it in the right place.

problem,no weapons on entrana :x

tifsdac6mc.gif

They are indeed annoying, but to be honest with you I think they are there for that exact reason..... they needed to have it so that area is not unbalanced for training.

I feel though to back you up a bit.... their agressivness needs a bit of toning down, but nothing more that that in view of keeping balanced.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Yeah, I don't mind them being aggressive, but it seems that these NPCs are 5x more aggressive than others. They agro from like 6 squares away, vs. greaters who only start to chase you when you're 2-3 away. It's especially irritating when I click attack on a greater, I instead dance around a bit with the greater..... and a dog attacks me. I say 'omfg' like 5 times every time I do greaters there... and I swear up a storm when bob teles me out after 15 minutes of being there.

I have a question... Do they stop being aggresive after 15 minutes? If not, that really sucks...

not at all.and as others have said they chase you from 6 squares away and theyre boundaries are endless so youve gotta get them jammed behind another npc to slay a demon

tifsdac6mc.gif

They are the reason why I hate getting fire giants or greaters as a task. They just make the trip longer!

Actually, I have considered using a cannon there, is there a place I can hide? and is it worth it?

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I have a question... Do they stop being aggresive after 15 minutes? If not, that really sucks...

not at all.and as others have said they chase you from 6 squares away and theyre boundaries are endless so youve gotta get them jammed behind another npc to slay a demon

actually, they DO become unagressive. i slay greaters in there and the dogs stop attacking after a short time( so i think it;s 15 minutes ).

i find them a bit annoying but as someone already said it balances the training spot. no need for a change IMO ::'

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Yes they do stop being aggressive. The only problem is when you get a tele random and... #-o

i dont think it is worth it to use a cannon

And now for the interesting part: why is it not worth it?

because if it's considered expensive, that's not a problem for me but if it actually doesn't give exp any faster well then that is a problem

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

actually, they DO become unagressive. i slay greaters in there and the dogs stop attacking after a short time( so i think it;s 15 minutes ).

i find them a bit annoying but as someone already said it balances the training spot. no need for a change IMO ::'

of all the time i was their they never became unagressive.im not gonna stop slaying greaters(8 rune fulls in that task :shock: ) but gah i cant stand wild dogs.

tifsdac6mc.gif

of all the time i was their they never became unagressive.im not gonna stop slaying greaters(8 rune fulls in that task :shock: ) but gah i cant stand wild dogs.

Thats because you keep running up and out of their range. You need to stay there and just deal with actually killing them for 15 minutes, then you can have your Greaters in peace.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

You're right, they are annoying at first; but when they become unaggressive after 15 minutes or so it is pretty easy to just kill two spawns of greaters without leaving a zone and re-entering it which causes them to become aggressive again.

problem,no weapons on entrana :x

#-o

Should have thought of that.

I guess that it was a design feature that you can't train on Greaters without some kind of restriction:

Entrana: No weapons.

Wilderness: Wilderness.

Ogre Enclave: Range/Magic only (Cannot reach for close combat)

Brimhaven: Wild Dogs.

With this kind of pattern, its obvious that this was done on purpose and therefore unfortunately it's not going to change. Sorry!

~ W ~

sigzi.png