Trying new things is bad, M'kay?

Roberthree

Ok, this just irks me. It seems like every time I try something new I get insulted. First time I go to cw? I get "owned" and called a "noob". I learned later that that's nothing new but it still made my first day of members feel kinda like a waste of $5. Pest Control was full of pures and jerks. Dueling or the Wilderness? Not a chance in hell of not seeing the noob word tossed around. Heck, I even got mocked for wearing prayer gear while doing Monkey Madness. That doesn't suprise me, but it really ruins the experience of trying something new. I won't dwell on those because i want to get to the main part of this rant:

The God Wars Dungeon. This place if full of people who need high skill levels and skill in real life to not die here. Pures don't come here either so one would think this would be like a jerk-filter, no? Well I was wrong. Me and 2 of my friends (Similar levels) decided to check it out. We agree to go after a zamorak mini-boss (I explained that we were no match for krill himself). This was just for a bit of fun, not meant for profit. We get our 40 kills and go into the chamber. I was glad that some others had krill busy so we were free to deal with the 2 generals that were pestering us. I was going to thank the krill-killers when I heard this:

rsgwd2.jpg

Dear god, just ONCE can I go somewhere new without being mocked for it? Yes. I'm level 85 and in the gwd. So what? I probably know just as much about this game as they do so why does it matter? I mean, I'm in the god wars dungeon. Most dangerous place in the game. Not running around lumbridge going "fr33 st00f pl0x??". Imo, they should have been glad we were keeping those generals busy, thats less food used by them and more krill kills. I'm just so annoyed that every time I try to do something meant for someone with higher skill levels I get mocked. Jeez. End rant, I'm sure theres something you guys have to say and I don't plan on getting defensive. But please don't just say something short and blunt like "get over it".

EDIT- Changed the title to be a bit more descriptive.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha...look at the nub ranting on the forums.

i'm kidding, friend! lol

i really hate that some players tend to think they are better than everyone else and that their (cabbage) doesn't stink. i'm sorry that you have been treated this way. IMO your skill lvls does not make you the noob....the players that feel they have to cut someone else down and act immature to me are being noobs. just remember...not all of us members are like that! just ignore them and move on. don't let them get to you

rssig2.png

Honestly, those people were [wagon] to you, and you did not deserve such treatment. You should be free to experiment in this game no matter what your level, and if those guys don't like it, then that's their problem.

Take it with a grain of salt. In this game, there is only about 3% of people that are genuinely nice; the other 97% are looking for ways to belittle you so they can feel better about themselves.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Frankly enough i can only say: get over it.

This is not because you are whining in any way, but because this is never going to change as there will always be people doing such things. 97% of the players calling everyone noobs, while there's 3% who get called noob the most, but are the ones who know better :)

You didn't need to hear those badminded things.

And the word noob is as common as a macro in f2p.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Mr. Pez, none of us own the game so none of us are entitled to our own monster.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Its known as Jagex's bad advertising (miniclip) how do you think little immature kids find the game.

Its destroyed the community completely.

I remember 3 years ago i would see 3 level 100+ helping a new player, now they just call them Noobs.

At the end of the day there is nothing you can do, i ignore them, if people need help ill help, i try to keep it how it was 3 years ago, although i don't make up for the immaturity.

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

Mr. Pez, none of us own the game so none of us are entitled to our own monster.

get off this rant, you dont know how annoying it is when someone crashes your world at bandos (the seargents DO drop some alright stuff), especially when its lvl 80s who get in the way to try and make you die.

]Personal scores for Zim G0t Sk1l

Skill Rank Level XP

Overall

Not Ranked

Attack

Not Ranked

Defence

Not Ranked

Strength

Not Ranked

Hitpoints 952,504 64 419,998

Ranged 227,597 72 945,227

oh the irony, you wouldnt even be able to get the 40 kc to go into the boss part so you are basically just chatting rubbish without having knowledge AT ALL of what gws is like? noone "wants help" at gws off a level 80 who gets in the way, asks annoying questions then dies/teleports.

to the OP: why do pest control now its nerfed? why pk if you cant handle people being competative? ofcourse people are going to say "Noob", its people killing eachother for items. get over it and ignore the idiots. Just worry about yourself, not other people. you are just used to being a "higher level" in f2p among the swarms of lvl 40s there (everything in f2p can be done at lvl 70 even), get over the fact theres some things in p2p which need high stats to do. to the "i probably know asmuch about the game as them" comment, NO level 80 knows asmuch as "high levels", the game is learnt by DOING, reading afew fansites which the "high levels" probably also read doesnt mean you know more than people who have actually done the things you have only read about. I laugh at low levels who read guides to me when im trying to talk to my friends about how to do something. Why goto godwars just to leech of high levels? godwars is basically a high level update, not for lvl 80s who have being a member for a week.

im with roberthree. your is not a noob for doing stuff that is too tough for you. if anything it means ur better than the ppl that waited till they were lvl 90+.

you ARE a noob for trying and failing at stuff you KNOW you cant do, while getting in peoples ways and annoying them.

oh the irony, you wouldnt even be able to get the 40 kc to go into the boss part so you are basically just chatting rubbish without having knowledge AT ALL of what gws is like? noone "wants help" at gws off a level 80 who gets in the way, asks annoying questions then dies/teleports.

I wasn't talking to them at all. I was all the way on the other side of the chamber, so I wasn't in their way at all. There was no shard drop from the bosses we killed, and we probably saved them enough food for another round of killing krill.

NO level 80 knows asmuch as "high levels", the game is learnt by DOING, reading afew fansites which the "high levels" probably also read doesnt mean you know more than people who have actually done the things you have only read about.

Exactly, we went there to try it out and learn by doing it.

Why goto godwars just to leech of high levels?

We weren't leeching off anyone.... we were on our own pretty much.

godwars is basically a high level update, not for lvl 80s who have being a member for a week.

Been a member for several months thank you.

you ARE a noob for trying and failing at stuff you cant do.

Well, we did do it. So we didn't fail.

m4tty you are proving how STUPID high lvls can be.

runescape is about fun for god's sake!

It not about "oh you cant do this because you are to low of a lvl."

Its not fun, those same lvls were probably insulting a poor skiller!

and you cant fail at what you tried!

megamansigho7.jpg

im not even going to bother replying to the "half my stats are unranked but i know everything about runescape" brigade.

We've got tip.it, RuneHq, Zybez, and more. A level 5 could know everything about runescape. It's not rocket science. And only 5 of my stats are unranked, I could get them ranked in a day or two but I don't feel like it.

im not even going to bother replying to the "half my stats are unranked but i know everything about runescape" brigade.

We've got tip.it, RuneHq, Zybez, and more. A level 5 could know everything about runescape. It's not rocket science. And only 5 of my stats are unranked, I could get them ranked in a day or two but I don't feel like it.

Agreed. A person could know more about Runescape then a lvl 100+ without even having an account.

On topic, those stupid jerks. They honestly need to get a life, instead of leeching, flaming, bashing, knocking over the head, etc, lower lvl players. They were once your lvl, why act all superior...?

you cant "master runescape" by reading guides like ive said HUNDREDS of times, its just like IRL just because you studied a subject and got a qualification you cant instantly get a high paying job with no experience of what actually happens. (bad example)

and you cant fail at what you tried!

"But Professor, I can't fail this test because I tried!"

-.-

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

So.... you're telling me I need firsthand experience, but that I shouldn't go to the dungeon and get it? That makes no sense.

Yeah lol. He's countering his own arguement by making another statement...

1)nice having NO stats ranked except cooking

2)there is literally NO POINT in going to godwars at level 85 except to annoy high levels by stealing their world etc.