Trying new things is bad, M'kay?

Roberthree

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.... you're telling me I need firsthand experience, but that I shouldn't go to the dungeon and get it? That makes no sense.

Yeah lol. He's countering his own arguement by making another statement...

1)nice having NO stats ranked except cooking

2)there is literally NO POINT in going to godwars at level 85 except to annoy high levels by stealing their world etc.

I can own a world yay!

you cant own a world. its a free runescape!

megamansigho7.jpg

So.... you're telling me I need firsthand experience, but that I shouldn't go to the dungeon and get it? That makes no sense.

Yeah lol. He's countering his own arguement by making another statement...

1)nice having NO stats ranked except cooking

2)there is literally NO POINT in going to godwars at level 85 except to annoy high levels by stealing their world etc.

Um, how does this relate to the conversation? It's like one company saying something is bad, and later saying it's good. I and someone else point this out. I get flamed for being a nobody. Does this relate to the topic, AT all? Seriousily?

And he's exploring/testing out a new area. Is this grounds for you to yell at him for "stealing" their world? I mean, seriousily...

Read it again. I didn't steal a world. I went out with a friend to the gwd for a bit of fun. I was in that chamber for like 10 minutes at most, and we only killed two generals. It's not like we went straight for krill and got a hilt drop.

Not that it matters, but my friend was level 92.

EDIT- I just looked up m4tty's stats. They aren't very different from my own.

http://hiscore.runescape.com/hiscoreper ... ser1=m4tty

m4tty, I don't think you're making a very coherent counter-argument at all. When you first posted you told purfishx that he didn't know how annoying it was when someone crashed there world at Bandos. You then say that GWD is for high levels - which you are not. So I'm puzzled as to where you obtained this personal experience of what it's like? From what I've gathered you seem to think people can't rant about something they haven't experienced so why can you? Also you seem to think he was being called a noob for stealing the guys world. I didn't see any evidence of that in the screenshot of text. All I saw was some guys laughing at a lower level and thinking its funny to lure Krill to them. Dunno if that happened but that's the impression I got.

As well as this, why is it a bad thing to try out something you know you don't have a 100% chance of succeeding? After all, if you can do everything what do you have left to strive for? And trying something at a lower than normal level just adds to the challenge, and if you succeed, to the feeling of success. And Roberthree, you said near the end of your rant that you're annoyed at being mocked for trying new stuff before the norm. I think I know what you mean, but you could take their mocking in another manner. The people mocking you could feel threatened by someone having the guts to do something at a low level, and they don't want to look bad by having you succeed so they attempt to put you off doing it, if you get me. So you could take they're mocking as a positive sign - you're thinking outside the box and people inside are afraid you'll succeed at doing it right. I dunno, maybe I'm babbling but hopefully I made some sense there.

from what i heard from reading all the replies of this topic, m4tty is acting like a jack[cabbage] by putting down other ppl who want to have new experiences.

like my mom always said, u dont kno what something is like until you try it ::'

Barrows Drops: Karils-2 coifs, 1 top, 1 skirt, 1 xbow. Ahrims-1 staff. Torags-1 platebody, 1 legs, 1 helm. Dharoks-1 platebody, 1 helm.

Dragon Drops: 1 Chain, 1 2-hander

When you'll be lvl 100+, people will be decent with you... :|

Agreed. I've been called a noob like 5 times since I got level 100. And I'm 115 now. But before that I got called a noob a LOT.

BTW, to the OP, I know those people can make you feel angry, but you have to try really hard to ignore them. Don't get discouraged by what they say, if anything, only get discouraged from doing things from actual failures. I remember back in RSC at combat level 49 doing dragon slayer. I came into the lair on crandor with my rune chain, legs, longsword, and anti-dragonbreath shield and the high levels training there started laughing at me saying I was going to die ect. ect... and I killed the stupid dragon. Had I died, I would have gotten discouraged and trained some more. But had I gotten discouraged by what they said, I would have been deprived of a quite satisfying victory. :)

so u went to GWD for fun. ty. this is the big thing about rs and y more ppl should think like rob. it is for FUN. if somebody asks a question, dont say : z0mg!!!1 n3313 @13r+!!!!!!!1 its for fun. if they do something thats meant for somebody of a higher lvl, then that is no where near noob or world hog. its good. just cuz somebody knew what they were doing before u (in this case rob doing better than the GWD guys) then that is no reason to get pissed at them.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

... you dont know how annoying it is when someone crashes your world at bandos ...

You don't know how annoying it is when someone comes in and claims something that never belonged to them in the first place as their own, and then passionately defends it as if it were their right to breathe.

It's just a game. A game is more fun with more people around. If you're the loner type, maybe the MMO realm isn't for you.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

m4tty isnt even my account, i dont even have a clue who that is... and it IS annoying when people come in and try to steal kills, make people die etc... fair enough if people wanna go on suicide missions but they shouldnt waste other peoples time too... but i guess to ignorant level 70s, the people whos time they are wasting are just objects to them.

That's missing the point. You shouldn't have to be lvl 100+ to get people to be decent.

And m4tty, I don't see where you're getting this stealing kills and wasting time idea from. The screenshot shows no evidence of the high levels getting annoyed at Roberthree for wasting there time. All it shows is the high levels laughing at him for killing a general. And the "people whos time they are wasting are just objects to them" thing, were do you get the evidence for this? I don't think you're on the same rant as the rest of us. :?

The people mocking you could feel threatened by someone having the guts to do something at a low level, and they don't want to look bad by having you succeed so they attempt to put you off doing it, if you get me. So you could take they're mocking as a positive sign - you're thinking outside the box and people inside are afraid you'll succeed at doing it right. I dunno, maybe I'm babbling but hopefully I made some sense there.

That's it in a itty bitty nutshell! Go for it Rob, true high-leveling begins with stretching abilities and thinking. Keep up the good work and remember... You get to spend your $5 per month however you want within the general rules of the game. NO ONE has the right to try to take that away from you :thumbsup: Just laugh at the idiots who want to play their game AND everyone else's and go on secure in the knowledge of just who the true noobs are.
Tishala.png

That's missing the point. You shouldn't have to be lvl 100+ to get people to be decent.

And m4tty, I don't see where you're getting this stealing kills and wasting time idea from. The screenshot shows no evidence of the high levels getting annoyed at Roberthree for wasting there time. All it shows is the high levels laughing at him for killing a general. And the "people whos time they are wasting are just objects to them" thing, were do you get the evidence for this? I don't think you're on the same rant as the rest of us. :?

this is just another "omg i got in the way of a "High level" and they called me a noob" rant, and in most of them "rants" they treat the "high level" like an object. running in on people who are at godwars and attacking the monsters IS crashing, IS wasting their time and IS noobish. doing stuff which is pointless to do at your current level IS noobish, simply because if they dont crash high levels worlds they die instantly.

this is just another "omg i got in the way of a "High level" and they called me a noob" rant, and in most of them "rants" they treat the "high level" like an object. running in on people who are at godwars and attacking the monsters IS crashing, IS wasting their time and IS noobish. doing stuff which is pointless to do at your current level IS noobish, simply because if they dont crash high levels worlds they die instantly.

Rofflez. So someone trying to do something new is noobish?

If Jagex made a high-level only update, should a noob be stopped from going? Even if he dies, he knows(should) the consequences.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

m4tty, if you don't have anything constructive to say, then get the hell out. I'm sick of people like you, having to belittle somebody just because they have low esteem. Seriously, its was his freaking choice to go do it and explore it, now leave but that would require you to actually be nice to somebody for once.

Now for back on topic, They're merely afraid that somebody was thinking outside the box. I went down there when I was 87 combat, stayed for a few minutes, then left. I knew that I wouldn't be able to survive for long down there but guess what, I had fun doing it anyway. I saw maybe 2-3 high levels and they were very nice to me and the rest minded their own business. They didn't yell at me because most of them were either busy working on slayer and the rest were a blast to talk to.

Currently Going for...

99 firemaking

Current Progress-76/99

rofl @ how the only people flaming me are people too low level to even know what godwars is like, or how annoying it is when NOOBS come in and crash the world and then when you ask them nicely to goto another world they just flame you, either: calling you a noob, saying they know better than you, or they where "just trying to help", when they would die if the high levels werent there, and all they do is get in the way. fair enough people might "want to explore" but its just rude disrupting what other people are doing, and then having the nerve to flame them. "low self esteem" on A GAME? ROFL.

rofl @ how the only people flaming me are people too low level to even know what godwars is like, or how annoying it is when NOOBS come in and crash the world and then when you ask them nicely to goto another world they just flame you, either: calling you a noob, saying they know better than you, or they where "just trying to help", when they would die if the high levels werent there, and all they do is get in the way. fair enough people might "want to explore" but its just rude disrupting what other people are doing, and then having the nerve to flame them. "low self esteem" on A GAME? ROFL.

I happen to agree with these "low levels". You really are being a jerk... why flame low levels in boss rooms when they are probably going to die anyway? Once that happens they'll know for sure that they're too weak to be there without you telling them. And how exactly can they switch worlds when you get attacked by the bosses as soon as you enter the room?

BTW, the people the the OP's example obviously didn't ask them nicely to leave. They immediately started flaming.

I happen to agree with these "low levels". You really are being a jerk... why flame low levels in boss rooms when they are probably going to die anyway? Once that happens they'll know for sure that they're too weak to be there without you telling them. And how exactly can they switch worlds when you get attacked by the bosses as soon as you enter the room?

BTW, the people the the OP's example obviously didn't ask them nicely to leave. They immediately started flaming.

id be willing to bet atleast abit is blocked out... also i gave up asking "low level explorers" who usually try their best to screw up the trip to leave, i just let them die now.

id be willing to bet atleast abit is blocked out... also i gave up asking "low level explorers" who usually try their best to screw up the trip to leave, i just let them die now.

Well exactly. If you let them die anyways, why flame? I really don't get it...