You guys need some more clan chat moderators.....

Giant_Torti

1800173603_3bec658816.jpg

To me the your current (un)official clan channel, most of the time, is one to be envied.

A free flow of information, ideas, price checks and some relatively entertaining mirth from all the contributors.

Jerks like the above, have no place in, imho, wrecking what is a largely friendly group of players with a common shared goal, which is simply to have fun.

I'm just waiting for someone to come back with "right click-ignore".

Sorry but that doesn't cut any ice with me, because thats almost asking little ol' me to someone else's job on there behalf.

And yes, I've reported this person, every freaking time they've waited until a chat mod has left the channel and proceeded to flood the chat with spam. Meh and I'm not even a 'wannabe p-mod'. I've got far more important things to do with my time, say like, having fun, than kicking/muting jerks who seem to think that flooding a channel with repetitive '@' and pressing enter is the greatest thing in the world.

This is Giant Torti and this has been my little rant.

Thank you for reading, I feel a little better now ..

*chortle*

"Boy, sure would be nice to have some grenades, don't you think you think?"

1840554111_a0023e3d17.jpg

the tip.it clan chat is full of ignorant noobs anyway, afew days i logged on and said hi and NOONE replied, but just kept on with their convo, then i said it again and got ignored AGAIN, and then later on 1 person replied and i just gave up talking to ignorant noobs.

this will be locked for naming names

If they didn't act like a jerk, there would be no name, to name.

On the flip side of the coin, if I left that out, I could just see people going "You've got no proof".

So in the good old fashioned context of 'he who alleges, proves' the above was enclosed.

Ps, I'll laugh myself silly if this gets locked and the aforementioned person is allowed to continue unabated with kind of disruptive behaviour.

itll probably locked with image removed + the offender banned from the clan chat. its against the tip.it rules to name names, like it or not.

Yes, he has a point. This will get locked.

The only thing you can do wait and see until Lightning has the ability to come back on Tip.it to answer your queries. :|

j0xPu5R.png

Oh, this thread will get locked, alright. Here's a quick reasoning:

This[/url] thread":3do16zn0]Update: As the clan chat cannot be fully regulated by the tip.it staff, the clan chat channel is no longer "Official" you are all still very welcome to come and chat with the rest of the Tip.it community.

With Lightning gone, no one new can be added to the moderation list, and no one can really moderate the channel anymore. Kind of a devil-may-care situation in there, so if you enter, enter knowing that there is no one to stop idiots like that.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Oh, this thread will get locked, alright. Here's a quick reasoning:

This thread wrote:

Update: As the clan chat cannot be fully regulated by the tip.it staff, the clan chat channel is no longer "Official" you are all still very welcome to come and chat with the rest of the Tip.it community.

With Lightning gone, no one new can be added to the moderation list, and no one can really moderate the channel anymore. Kind of a devil-may-care situation in there, so if you enter, enter knowing that there is no one to stop idiots like that.

there is actually a group of chat mods I was one but ive quit rs.

"Imho"

:shock:

Spam ftl.

Wow, like hope you didn't burn up too much of cerebrum digesting my rant, thinking of a suitable reply and posting what is clearly an excellent, well thought out contribution to the thread.

Wouldn't it be easier to just put the spammer on your ignore list?

I'm just waiting for someone to come back with "right click-ignore".

Sorry but that doesn't cut any ice with me, because thats almost asking little ol' me to someone else's job on there behalf.

The owner of the chat (Lightning) no longer plays, so what mods there are there are. :roll: I am in there all the time, If you see spam, they are probably joking <.< so get over it =;

Ahhhhh I see, so its OK to flout the easily followed rules when its done in humour.

This probably would achieve alot more if it was PMed to a mod or admin. Possibly suggest making a new channel yet again? It seems logicle to do so, everyone quits, and moderation there is going to come to a halt completely sooner or later. Although the channel IS unofficial, it would still indefinetly serve better as a chat and as a better image for Tip.It if it had a more maintainable moderation system.

Note: Although I haven't spent as long as others have in this channel, I haven't really seen any problems there at all, and in the one or two very minor situations that I've seen there was someone there to take care of it. However, my point is for the long term, not now.

(Also, I retired moderation by choice, so calling me a wanna-be-mod might make you look a tad silly :P )

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

The chat is no longer official.

And there are comming new Moderators on there every now and then, but that's up to Lightning, and since she has left the building, there is nothing we can do about it.

There are a lot Mods though, but you can't expect them to be online all the time :?

It pleases me to see how you react to eachother aswell :-s

Locking this, since there is nothing we can do about it.

Perhaps there will come a new Clan Chat.

~Kill Life

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]