Partyhats. Really Discontinued?

Dragons_Might

Tell me who in their right mind would crack a Christmas Cracker?
Anyone how doesn't care what happens in a game... :roll:

Really would making a few clicks with your mouse in an online game change your life? I think not, so... :roll:

Jagex might have changed what toy get when your "crack" one open, so that party hats can't be brought into the game.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone stated earlier in this thread that one would have to be insane to crack open a christmas cracker, because they'd lose a ton of money doing so. I submit to you that anyone who FAILED to crack open their christmas crackers before Jan 2, 2008 are going to be very very sorry about it someday.

The way the cracker works, you "use" it on another player and ONE of you gets the party hat, while the other gets a random item (worth like 1000 gp or less). Prior to the update, you could "use" your cracker on a friend and, if he were the one to receive the P hat, he could trade it back to you. Since 1/2/08, however, that kind of transaction is now impossible.

Christmas crackers are not wieldable - the only way to show off the fact that you have one is to trade it. Personally, I can't imagine why anyone ever considered pumpkins, easter eggs, or christmas crackers (unless you count the possibility of breaking it immediately open, I mean) to be viable investments - there's simply no benefit to owning them, unless you feel like going to extraordinary lengths to attempt to flaunt your wealth. Why bother with something like that when there are other alternate rares that you can simply wear on your head if you feel like showing off?

Sooner or later, I'm convinced that most others will reach the same inevitable conclusion - a rare that you can't wear is worthless. At that point, all of those christmas cracker owners are going to be left with a 50/50 shot of losing ALL of their investment in one quick crack.

blimpyboy2.png

Think of it this way.. The Christmas Cracker is just a box containing the party hat. The party hat has been there the whole time, just nobody has bothered to open the box. Therefore, you aren't bringing a new one in because it has been there the whole time. So unless more christmas crackers are brought into the game, party hats are therefore discontinued.

Dennydispoto.gif

Dag King Drops: D axe(3), Zerker Ring(3)

Barrows Drops: 2 Guthan Spears. 33 drops total.

to be honest

its more of a matter of interpretation of the term "discontinued"

wether more can some into the game through any means is no discontinued

or weather a limited supply of them entering game at all means discontinued

its a matter of interpretation

no1s bothered to debate that one? i wana hear some opinions on it

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Sooner or later, I'm convinced that most others will reach the same inevitable conclusion - a rare that you can't wear is worthless. At that point, all of those christmas cracker owners are going to be left with a 50/50 shot of losing ALL of their investment in one quick crack.

Yes, after 7 years of runescape, people will suddenly decide that untradable rares are worthless.. moron.

Amulets of Accuracy, Arrav Shield Halves, and the Certificate you get from the Shield of Arrav quests are all discontinued in RSC.

Well, technically they aren't, as people who haven't done the 2 quests can still get those items. But there's probably only a few dozen accounts that haven't done them and they're probably not being used anymore.

you are wrong =). i got a rsc account wich i am going to use but i haven't done any quests on =)

this isn't even a debate. It's like saying "there are 2 sapphires left in the world, and 15 sapphire necklaces. However, as the sapphires can be made into sapphire necklaces, they aren't discontinued."

That's faulty reasoning. :shame: :shame:

rho421.png

this isn't even a debate. It's like saying "there are 2 sapphires left in the world, and 15 sapphire necklaces. However, as the sapphires can be made into sapphire necklaces, they aren't discontinued."

it is a debate. so u should shut ur mouth right now, ok?

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Lmao this made laugh.

Walka must be in that time of the month. :-w

They aren't discontinued as there could be more in the game...but since the item that creates phats are discontinued this makes phat discontinued. got it?

it's common sense and i agree with rho :P

Lmao this made laugh.

They aren't discontinued as there could be more in the game...but since the item that creates phats are discontinued this makes phat discontinued. got it?

wat do u mean by the underlined bit

yeah, but its still a debate, and he said it isnt. he shouldnt have said that, wen he is cleary wrong :-w (the not a debate bit)

• 5 months later...

In a way no they are not as more could come into the game. However, there are still a set amount that are in the game as a cracker will always have a phat in it.

You could say that because theres a phat in the cracker they are discontinued as they are already in the game just not directly availible to us.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

As someone on page 1 mentioned, as long as crackers are still in the game, partyhats cannot be considered discontinued.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Discontinued. Why? Because Jagex says so :lol:

They're discontinued.

My reasoning is that even though they are within crackers, the supply of crackers is also discontinued. Therefore although more party hats can come into the game from crackers, the supply of crackers is limited. Meaning there is a limit to the amount of partyhats that can come into the game.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Partyhats are indirectly discontinued.

The christmas crackers are discontinued.

And the christmas cracker is the only source of partyhats.

But this source is dying, since it's discontinued.

So partyhats are discontinued too. Easy enough ;)

tif1mn0.png

A bit off topic but i remeber back in rsc when someone managed to clone some party hats, and the price went down rather sharply. I would argue that they are discontinued as people are not willing to open the crackers as they would probably lose alot of money.

The party hats are already in the game, just in another form. The point of calling something discontinued is that there is a finite source of it.

For example: Let's say there are 2 thousand party hats and 5 hundred christmas crackers. That still makes 2500 party hats in the game total. It's not replenishing, the number can only go down, so it's discontinued.

In other words, we KNOW that we can only DECREASE the number of Phats, not increase.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

• 2 months later...

What are you narbheads talking about?! Obviously, Jagex constantly adds behind our backs to the supply of partyhat and other discontinued items. They want to screw with our minds, we're more mentally vulnerable that way! Hence, with our mental faculties diminished, we keep paying them! DUH!

2480+ total

partyhats are being sold for 1m, with the rest junk in w2, so they are effectively valueless/worthless/priceless (all those mean the same thing, just usually used in different contexts)

Lmao this made laugh.

wat do u mean by the underlined bit

yeah, but its still a debate, and he said it isnt. he shouldnt have said that, wen he is cleary wrong :-w (the not a debate bit)

btw the underlined bit is a bit of an adult comment, i can see you cannot understand that, but i wont explain it on the forums. for fear of making flame bait.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1