A Fair RS vs. WoW video

mini193

Hi, I;m mini193. Some older members may remember be from back before I was unfairly banned in June. I play world of warcraft now. Its not a perfect game, but is still good. I'm sure you've all seen those YouTube videos RS vs. WoW making it like a level 3 attacking a goblin and a level 70 40 man raid for the WoW side. I've decided to make a fair one. Since I was banned, I have no access to high level runescape content anymore. I'll give mid level WoW things, and I'll need everybody else's help with barrows, KQ, dueling, pking, castlewars, and anything else. You can send the videos to me or somebody else willing to make the video as I have not made many good videos. Put a video on YouTube, link it, I'll watch it and maybe include it in my video. Remember, this will be fair so no private servers or 126's in full veracs solo owning KQ, but the more average player's experience. I currently am just setting this up and have no final plans so I'm open to other people wishing to help or people with better ideas

Thanks

mini193

and also, it is related to RS so I couldn't put in off topic, but it may be a little too off topic because of WoW for this forum

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

this isnt allowed i dont think

but WHO CARES? by now i think the 2 games have enough popularity for you to make a decision.

runescape isnt advertised as much, but your on a RS forum, why does it need publicity for you? you should be informed if your here.

this isnt allowed i dont think

but WHO CARES? by now i think the 2 games have enough popularity for you to make a decision.

runescape isnt advertised as much, but your on a RS forum, why does it need publicity for you? you should be informed if your here.

I'm just trying to settle the argument so people know they are both great games. Some people can't afford WoW's $15 a month or just like RS better. Both are great games and i'm tired of people making one seem gay and the other amazing.

mini193.png

Ooooh, that's a great idea :D Good luck making it :D

I don't have a good computer so I won't be able to make any good videos to send :(

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

sorry, get over it its called being a FANBOY. its everywhere.

it wont settle anything.

edit: being a fan boy you blindly defend your product/game/whatever ignorantly most of the time. go check out Ipod VS zune fanboyism. or apple vs microsoft. it gets intensely dumb.

My sweet Jesus...

WoW is a PAID game, not to mention a game that you download/play from a disk, so it is, and always will be better.

So cut the crap, only people that don't have/don't like play RuneScape.

mwsd5.png

*Sigh*... There Goes The Neighborhood...

Hi, I;m mini193. Some older members may remember be from back before I was unfairly banned in June. I play world of warcraft now. Its not a perfect game, but is still good. I'm sure you've all seen those YouTube videos RS vs. WoW making it like a level 3 attacking a goblin and a level 70 40 man raid for the WoW side. I've decided to make a fair one. Since I was banned, I have no access to high level runescape content anymore. I'll give mid level WoW things, and I'll need everybody else's help with barrows, KQ, dueling, pking, castlewars, and anything else. You can send the videos to me or somebody else willing to make the video as I have not made many good videos. Put a video on YouTube, link it, I'll watch it and maybe include it in my video. Remember, this will be fair so no private servers or 126's in full veracs solo owning KQ, but the more average player's experience. I currently am just setting this up and have no final plans so I'm open to other people wishing to help or people with better ideas

Thanks

mini193

and also, it is related to RS so I couldn't put in off topic, but it may be a little too off topic because of WoW for this forum

btw dont blame people for the hate of wow vs rs videos the arguements can get quite out of hand

on topic yes its time it needs to be done, but your not going about it int he right way. i think someone should put a video explaining that you play games because you find them fun and there is no need to compare them because its your decision. im sure most people have tried wow or rs for themselves and there is no real need for a video that some nitpicker will find faults in.

the problem is WoW and RS addicts who dont understand that people have different opinions and need to get out more =). i admire your courage

*pulls out anti-flame shield and drinks anti-flame potion*

(nicked that off another guy, thought it was funny)

Jordanweb!

You copied my sig :o

Lol

Lol, when i was dking earlier the way prime and supreme were standing reminded me of your sig, so i took a screenshot. \'

Haha awesome :P You need rex there to be a real n00b though

And tbh I need to change my sig, but I don't have any screenshots on this computer.

OT: They really are just different types of games, and it's hard to make rs look good in a short video, when comparing it to WOW's graphics.

My "2 cents" on WoW so far :P :

1. Because of the game world size, it takes forever to get around anywhere. Runescape is small, but easier to get around quickly.

2. You can't really compare Runescape graphics to WoWs, it's like comparing a Nintendo DS game to a PC game...

3. There are so many ways to talk on WoW, it gets a little confusing (well for me anyway :P ).

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject:aka game fans.I've seen some of those videos, and I can tell ya they ARE pretty unfair.Though,the "biggest monsters and fiery battles" in runescape ARE less amazing than "the biggest monsters and fiery battles" in warcraft.They even have something similar to castle wars (near the same ala more battlefields).Though it is unfair that they use really loud epic music for the WoW toughest boss (which isn't really that epic since most of the time all the players die) and then have "ding ding ding" boring music for runescape.But really...does it look cooler to fight a dragon on runescape with a axe, or to have 60 players trying to atack 1 boss with 20 special effects java can't handle?

They're completely different games. RS is an rpg based game, with a lot of skills, and WoW is, well.. not.

Yeah, runescape has runes and wow has mana. :x

lol yeah, but in the next expansion they are making a new class that uses runes :shock:

I might not do it, like somebody said, they can't be compared, one is online and free other is disk or download and you'll always have a better game that requires disks.

mini193.png

WoW has better grafix, runescape is less laggy...

I play both and still do play both. I must say, the vids are completly unfair. I see runescape woodcutting versus WoW 40 man BT raid(Black temple, hadesst boss in game lives here) .

WoW is more user friendly and cooperative(theres ways to find groups and parties, evenly gamble items) and monsters are much smarter. Main difference is weapons. In RS, its rune skimmy, d long, d skimmy, whip, and barrows, in WoW, theres so many more. You also dont suffer as bad consequences for dying, and much more world pvp. I truthfully have to say, WoW is better, problem is I lagg like hell, and its #15 bucks. There are...private...servers, but they arn't legal for obvious reasons...

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?