A Newish Trend in Quests

ikraz66

I totally agree. A quest should not just be a master quest because of the skill requirements. I believe the content of the quest should be the challenging part, not getting the requirements for the quest.

Also, i agree with the comment on the quest sequels. A sequel for tribal totem? WTF? Who wanted that when there are quest storys such as ME and Rise of the Red Axe to finish?

niall+kay.png

niall+kay.png

Niall+Kay.png

Hunting with my Home Made Bows

~~99 Fletch~~ ~~86 Hunter~~

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially i don't understand the thing about The Plague City... WTF, do all the sick people just live there *happily ever after*... WTF?! We didn't cure them or anything, just saved that little girl and then everything was like right...

Was Plague City the only quest that you did? Or are you just stupid?

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I'm all for a continuation of the HAM storyline... If it involves Sigmund aquiring ancients magic to Ice Barrage all those worthless Dorgeshuun Goblins :twisted:

I agree though, I really want to see a Monkey Madness Part 2. I'm tired of forgetting my Gree Gree. Oh and about the very End of Cold War? SEQUEL PLEASE POSTHASTE!

Alak_Goury.png

I'm not playing right now, but I'll be back

The best song in RuneScape.

Actually the guy who made the MM storyline didnt quit Jagex, he just transfered into a different division.

But considering alot of the quests relayting to Glough and the gnomes in the west, I could see MM coming back into play yet again, maybe not as a quest on its own.

As for those who say. What happened to the Elves, or The quests in the east, or the endings to major quests. Let me show you from a logical standpoint, not just the story.

Say when you read a book youve never read before, the ideas are new, and suspensful. This is because you dont know how the story is going to end. But once you finish the book, its not as exciting because you know how the story unfolds.

The same is for quests. You dont know how the elf storys end, so its exciting to see what will happen, but as soon as they end, its no different than any other quest, and not exciting.

If Jagex were to suddenly wrap up all the loose ends on all the quests, there would be nothing to look forward to. My guess is, Jagex is making lots of single quests that they can build sequals off of. So that when they do choose to end one storyline, they have others to make material for, and something for players to look forward to.

Either way, I'd expect to see more newer quests with sequal potential come out before you get any of the Major ones wrapped up.

dawnsigblue-3.png

As long as there is never a requirement that someone finish a certain number of "master" quests, the labelling will be arbitrary anyway, so who cares? (If there is already, I can't recall.)

Also, I've heard people talk before about how Monkey Madness will never be finished because the creator left. That's just silly. If Jagex wants it finished, it will get finished.

Off topic;

Oh and about the very End of Cold War? SEQUEL PLEASE POSTHASTE!

I've been trying to get people to bring back the phrase post haste for years. Kudos to you, good sir.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

Plague City

MM/Glough/Glouphrie

Rise of the Red Axe

These three storylines have not been updated for over eight months... Get with the program, Jagex.

The Path of Glouphrie was released on 03-Sep-2007

I do agree, however, that Plague City and Rise of the Red Axe need to be continued ASAP.

yeah, I was gonna point that out but I am waiting for the red axe sequel, I like keldagrim as a city and think it needs to really have that quest to finish it off. So far we've been left with the fact that they've been plotting something. Well, that better be one damned good plot as they've had a veeeerrrry long time to mull it over. Either that or they got eaten by wolves... :-k Perhaps I should apply to jagex to write their quest plots.

Sig.jpg

One more thing I'd like to add. The definition of a master quest has changed drastically ever since, probably "Contact!", or certainly by "Grim Tales". In general, the master quests before that are considered master quests because of the danger of dying (although i never died during a quest), and the puzzles. Also occasionally because of length (see Recipe for Disaster). Now, the only way a quest becomes "master" is when it has high skill requirement. For the record, "Back to the roots" and "Grim Tales" were easy and very whimsical, but they had very high slayer, wcing, and farming requirements.

Very true... For a quest to be deemed as "Master Level" a couple years ago, it meant it was very challenging and also very long. Now, Master Quests are a joke; any quest you can complete in less than an hour should not be rated as Master Level, unless it involves fighting a monster than hits frequent 30+ on you, which has yet to be seen. The closest thing to that was Barrelchest, and he only hit up to around 26, which is very easy to double-eat out of.

the demon in monkey madness hit 30+ twice in a row when i refused to range him and i used melle :thumbsup: ( didnt die) scared crapless :ohnoes:

Bad_Eulogy.png

Old Quests = Sweet

New quests = Jagex trying to come up with random ideas to try and have a few quests a month

TBH, thats why i hate quests. I only do them for items. Other wise, there is no point at all to do them. If you have an arguement to that plz, plz, plz tell me.

Not sure if anyone noticed this: in the dungeon under the ape atoll temple, there is a room that you can see but not access (caged off), full of zombie skeletons.

Supposedly, it was for a future quest that will never be, cause they jagex guy who made it no longer works for them! :-k

if that was true they would still make the quest but with someone else wouldn't they? or they would take it out of the game i think... and back to topic yea i noticed that alot..i guess its to make players laugh or something :P even though its not funny..alot of stuff in rs is similar to monty python

d33d15afe02cdbe65e8051919a4e3068.jpg

gwd drops:

bandos:hiltx1