A Newish Trend in Quests

ikraz66

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be positive, we will get a lot of Master Quests/Final Quests at the same time.
I'm not worried that they will come eventually, I'm just worried that they will not live up to expectations. Mourning's end part 3 should be harder than 2, and the sequal to Darkness of Hallowvale better be freakin' amazing after what was forshadowed in that quest.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

devious minds ring a bell? we've been waiting about a year now still nothing while there have been numerous threads about it on RSOF.

Now that you mention it, they do have the nasty habit of continueing (sp?) the storylines we don't really care about.

I'm glad there advancing the HAM storyline since it ties in directly with the Gods and Guthix in particular. Maby once we figure Guthix out they will advance the Zamorack story line via mournings end part 3.

I really wish we could get the 3rd elemental workshop though. We know there has to be one because of the body door. Would it be that much trouble to let us know what its for?

Havent done MEP2 though, so I dont care about the lack of MEP3...yet.

As the gentleman above me said, it's possible that they plan on having several storylines converge into a series of linked quests. For example, the events foreshadowed by Hazelmere in the Path of Glouphrie could easily refer to the next quest in the Desert Treasure, Plague City or Rise of the Red Axe questlines. Such a massive quest would take time to develop, of course, so it's understandable that in the mean time they implement several 'filler' quests to bring storylines like the Cave Goblin one up to a point where they can join in this convergence. That black square above the GWD has been there for a long time, after all...

"Join me next week on 'Let's Make No Freaking Sense', when I shall be waxing an owl."

- Green Wing

Barrows Drops: 1x Verac's Flail, 2x Karil's Crossbow, 1x Torag's Hammers, 1x Karil's Leatherskirt, 1x Karil's Coif

I agree with you to a point, I sometimes enjoy the easyer quest liek the zanik one, hey death to the dorshunn (sp?) even gave us the bast range training weapon since the msb...

Btw, nice siggy Sharane :shock: :XD: .

And yours adamfostas :) .

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I'm glad there advancing the HAM storyline since it ties in directly with the Gods and Guthix in particular. Maby once we figure Guthix out they will advance the Zamorack story line via mournings end part 3.

I really wish we could get the 3rd elemental workshop though. We know there has to be one because of the body door. Would it be that much trouble to let us know what its for?

Havent done MEP2 though, so I dont care about the lack of MEP3...yet.

I believe you're thinking of the Big High War God (bandos), not Guthix :) . Wrong storyline I think.

Agreed about completing quests (although you have to understand these quests take A LONG time to make)

Disagreed about less references to popular culture. I think those references are absolutely awesome and they should get MORE, not less, of them. ::' Have you already forgotten that "We need more cowbells"? :wink:

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I couldn't agree more, I miss the days of DT, MM, ME2. I want to go on a quest that isn't an errand like Animal Magnetism or One Small Favour, I want to go on a quest where I learn about the history of RuneScape and the battles, treaties, and breakthroughs that took place long ago. I would love more quests that reference times like the Third Age and for quest story lines to be finished.

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

Mournings end part 2 was unreal, Ive broken my mind for a day and a half before I consulted a guide on rsof. This was when it just came out.

I seriously hurt my brain on that one, its so epic is sueable.

We need more quests like that.

Ive been waiting for the Red axe too, and ofcourse Devious minds, and recently Darkness of the hallowvale. These are good storylines.

I like the gnome and the goblin storylines less though, goblin is terribly easy even without a guide, and the gnome one, meh. Fight some high leveled monsters, do some medicore puzzles. Great xp rewards though.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I would like them to expand quests as much as anybody. But some people need short easy quests for a short easy break from skilling to kick back and relax.
Theres plenty of short easy novice quests for them already. The only people who do all the quests are the serious questers anyway.

I concur. I am sick of these random sequels... And the newest HAM quest this month.... NO ONE GIVES A RAT'S [wagon] about the HAM storyline.... Why do they keep expanding it, instead of finishing the storylines that numerous people have requested for the past two years?!

Plague City

MM/Glough/Glouphrie

Rise of the Red Axe

These three storylines have not been updated for over eight months... Get with the program, Jagex.

Especially i don't understand the thing about The Plague City... WTF, do all the sick people just live there *happily ever after*... WTF?! We didn't cure them or anything, just saved that little girl and then everything was like right...

lergo.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

As the gentleman above me said, it's possible that they plan on having several storylines converge into a series of linked quests. For example, the events foreshadowed by Hazelmere in the Path of Glouphrie could easily refer to the next quest in the Desert Treasure, Plague City or Rise of the Red Axe questlines. Such a massive quest would take time to develop, of course, so it's understandable that in the mean time they implement several 'filler' quests to bring storylines like the Cave Goblin one up to a point where they can join in this convergence. That black square above the GWD has been there for a long time, after all...

This guy here makes sense. Also, I like those Dorgeshuun quests!

Anyway, by the end, they are all going to probably be intertwined into a single storyline.

My theory: All chaos breaks loose and a second God Wars occurs, but that's just my thinking. :-w

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

One more thing I'd like to add. The definition of a master quest has changed drastically ever since, probably "Contact!", or certainly by "Grim Tales". In general, the master quests before that are considered master quests because of the danger of dying (although i never died during a quest), and the puzzles. Also occasionally because of length (see Recipe for Disaster). Now, the only way a quest becomes "master" is when it has high skill requirement. For the record, "Back to the roots" and "Grim Tales" were easy and very whimsical, but they had very high slayer, wcing, and farming requirements.

sometimes you just cant be bothered to write your own answer....... -.- ^see the topic creator's post

My Goal Signature

Not sure if anyone noticed this: in the dungeon under the ape atoll temple, there is a room that you can see but not access (caged off), full of zombie skeletons.

Supposedly, it was for a future quest that will never be, cause they jagex guy who made it no longer works for them! :-k

does that also have anything to do with that invisible gnome assassin or w/e he is hiding around the entrance to the agility course?

I may post a pic next time im over there,

Agreed about completing quests (although you have to understand these quests take A LONG time to make)

Disagreed about less references to popular culture. I think those references are absolutely awesome and they should get MORE, not less, of them. ::' Have you already forgotten that "We need more cowbells"? :wink:

Good point. We DEFINITELY need more cowbells :lol: . All i'm saying is that we haven't had a serious quest in a while. Not ALL quests need obscure pop culture references. Just some.

One more thing I'd like to add. The definition of a master quest has changed drastically ever since, probably "Contact!", or certainly by "Grim Tales". In general, the master quests before that are considered master quests because of the danger of dying (although i never died during a quest), and the puzzles. Also occasionally because of length (see Recipe for Disaster). Now, the only way a quest becomes "master" is when it has high skill requirement. For the record, "Back to the roots" and "Grim Tales" were easy and very whimsical, but they had very high slayer, wcing, and farming requirements.

sometimes you just cant be bothered to write your own answer....... -.- ^see the topic creator's post

sometimes you can't be bothered to read the topic creator's full post. If you didn't notice yet. I AM the topic creator. Thx bai :lol:

I concur. I am sick of these random sequels... And the newest HAM quest this month.... NO ONE GIVES A RAT'S [wagon] about the HAM storyline.... Why do they keep expanding it, instead of finishing the storylines that numerous people have requested for the past two years?!

Plague City

MM/Glough/Glouphrie

Rise of the Red Axe

These three storylines have not been updated for over eight months... Get with the program, Jagex.

I enjoy the HAM quests. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean others don't like them.

Jagex has been making easier quests. There hasn't been a real "master" quest in a while.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Plague City

MM/Glough/Glouphrie

Rise of the Red Axe

I enjoy the HAM quests. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean others don't like them.

the HAM quests are most likely building up to a really hard one

i for one love the HAM quests so speak for your self man

Jagex has been making easier quests. There hasn't been a real "master" quest in a while.

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

It would be interesting if Jagex would borrow from WoW (which they are allegedly doing a lot of already) and add something like worldwide events - some sort of ... outcome, resulting from a certain quest, which effects the whole of Gielnor in some capacity. Of course, this would be incredibly difficult to manage, but it would be interesting. At least, that's what I thought of when the start of the next God War was mentioned above.

I'd say Jagex isn't finishing off quest storylines, 'cause they're scared of screwing up an' making everyone fill the rant fourums with "Omgawd this quest suxxx!" Threads... -.-

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.