Right-click report abuse is coming

Omali

Check out the Assist System article on the knowledge base, and what is the first image you see? This:

reportabuse.png

Hurry before it's removed! Anyway, I know some people are going to say that player mods already have the ability to right click and report, but when has Jagex ever used an example screenshot from the perspective of a moderator, unless trying to explain something about either pmods or jmods?

So do you think this means right click reporting is on the horizon, or just one of those red herrings Jagex likes to throw on the website for a few hours, then remove and we'll never hear from it again?

Edit: I know this is a longshot, but the poll this week just happens to be polling players on how responsibly they'd use the report abuse button?

*Edit* The image has been edited on the knowledge base, I switched it with the image from the locked thread.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

nah its how the player mods see it :)

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

It's a JAGeX Moderator right-clicking on a player. It was probably a mistake.

EDIT: Player Moderators do have it. (To those players who have doubts)

Ok, here it is again:

picture19xq2.png

And to whatever mod deleted my post earlier, I have contacted Jagex and they state that it is NOT confidential material. I don't see why it was deleted in the first place. :-s

Player Moderators already have it. If it hasn't been posted already that is.

j0xPu5R.png

...but when has Jagex ever used an example screenshot from the perspective of a moderator, unless trying to explain something about either pmods or jmods?

Quite a lot of the screenshots on the website, before the Knowledge Base really started, had Jmod names in the bottom left corners. I guess it's just the way their testing accounts work.

So do you think this means right click reporting is on the horizon, or just one of those red herrings Jagex likes to throw on the website for a few hours, then remove and we'll never hear from it again?

I love those. But no, I'm guessing this one was just the result of using the wrong account for the screenie, not a sign of a future update.

Think how many more false reports Jagex would receive if they implemented this for everyone.

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

Both JMods and Player Moderatos have that option.

I can just picture people doing it on accident. (Expectually me Embarassed)

It would be rpetty hard to actually report someone accidentally. All clicking that option does is bring up the Report Abuse form with the players name already filled in.

I think that would be a bad idea for everyone to have. I can just picture people doing it on accident. (Expectually me :oops:)

I don't see how you could do it on accident when you right click it it brings up the normal report abuse panel and enters their name in the field... It just makes reporting someone a little easier, and I don't see why normal players don't have it.

They would never implement that, they would get way to many reports. And way to many people would click it instead of follow or something.

maby like the Assist button theres a way to toggle the report button on/off (when Assist is 'off' you have the main 3 options only [excluding Attack])

Zaroterasu.png

They probably get enough false reports as it is from non-pmods they don't want more by making it easier. This is just a feature for pmods because they report correctly compared to the average player.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Good find, but i dont think there will do this. Jagex and player mods have this option, but hey who know it might come put for us...

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]