Assist Guide (Answers to FAQs)

Dragonlordjl

1) You can only assist for a maximum of 20 squares; after that, it says "You are not close enough to your partner;" This means that all Construction items must be flackpacked.

2) The exp limit is based off TOTAL exp gained, not individual skills.

3) You cannot barrage or cast teleport spells through Assist. It only works for enchants or lunar assistance spells, such as Fertile Soil. I am not sure if it works with Spellbook Swap, but it probably doesn't.

4) The person who is assisting you must leave the assist window open. If s/he closes it, you stop receiving assistance. If you move, it closes it, too.

td2sig.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your level wont go up till you close the window.

All trees inculding fruit cant be assisted, since saplins cant be traded.

~ColossuS~

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

The only one I think is stupid is the fact you have to stand about and can't move switch items or skill while assisting, its a 30k limit so it can't be abused by getting double xp on an account that bad...

Think they need to change this kind of makes it a pain.

I would be happy to have a 15k limit as long as I could still train while assisting.

I also agree with the below:

Once you have reached the 30k xp limit u can no longer assist for 24hours.

(i think you should stop recieving xp instead)

how about double nats?

can you get double nats now if someone with 91 rc assists you? :uhh:

i think so because it says

The Assist System can be used with the following skills:

* Construction

* Cooking

* Crafting

* Farming

* Fishing

* Fletching

* Herblore

* Hunter

* Magic

* Mining

* Runecrafting

* Smithing

* Woodcutting

Hephaestos8.gif

Quick question ...while assisting someone with a skill are you allowed to do anything? For example ...I am currently fishing in Catherby and someone asked for assistance with fishing...can I also fish if I assist this person or do I have to stand around and do nothing?

mak_1027.png

Quick question ...while assisting someone with a skill are you allowed to do anything? For example ...I am currently fishing in Catherby and someone asked for assistance with fishing...can I also fish if I assist this person or do I have to stand around and do nothing?

Read what I said, to answer you no you can't do anything move or switch items in your inventory and skill, you just have to stand there like a lemon!

finely a FAQ tread- so tired of the ppl:

"barrage *100!!!"

"z0mg ÃÆÃâÃâüber pwning 0wn3d 4TT m4g3 5P311!!!!!"

:-X -.-

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Looks a little hardcore :lol:

And i dont get the double nats thing. Why wouldnt you just trade them to a nat rc'er?

Ok so you go to the nat alter with a 91 Runecrafter, you both have 3 or 4 pouches full of ess plus your inventory of ess. You would have to wait till the 91 Runecrafter crafts all their nats. Then you would trade an inventory, they craft, trade back to you, then trade again, and so on untill all nats are crafted. This takes quite a long time.

With assist you wait for the 91 Runecrafter to craft their nats. Then you get them to assist you, you then craft your nats, empty pouches, craft. All over in seconds.

The only thing is, you are not getting the xp, the 91 Runecrafter is, and I'd rather get single nats so that eventually I will have 91 myself.

shey.png

So this means EVERYONE! can get a spirit tree now? :shock:

Nope. I don't think it works on any trees. I definitly know it doesn't work on spirit trees :(.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Has anyone found anything untradeable that this can be used for, such as imp boxes?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

not that I care much, but getting access to the skill guildes is not really a great or fair idea. Wasn't the basic idea behind the assist update to make life harder for scammers and at the same time not change the game too much?

In my opinion we did not need a bigger part of the rewards from skills to be shared (where shared means making them worthless). All that was needed is a safe way to help with crafting/smithing/herblore items.

.: Systemless :.

systemless.png

I love the new update, but I'm a little disappointed. I was under the impression that money could be paid to the player providing the service. I still think it's a great update, it just could have been done differently.

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

I'm against the thing that you can use assist system to get to a guild. Now there will be tons of low level players in fishing, mining or other guilde. It shouldn't be allowed to access a guilde using the assist system, bacause others worked hard to get access to the guildes and others will use it because of friends. <.< Anyone thinks same?