Is it possible that gold farmers are benefiting from Assist?

Svizzara

As you probably know, the Assist update allows lower level players to use the skills of another player. Here's my theory:

1. Gold farmer double logs (it is possible :wink:) into both the workhorse account and the high level account.

2. Request assistance from the high level player (for example, the high level has 99 fishing).

3. Gold farmer selects the high level's screen, places a heavy object onto one of the arrow keys, so the account never logs out.

4. Workhorse account fishes to the 30K experience limit.

5. Gold farmer logs out of the high level account, switches to another, and repeats steps 2-3.

The only skill this method would apply to would be fishing, as the twenty square limitation rules out woodcutting, mining, and other autoer/gold farmer skill. Now, I know that it may not be possible that the gold farmer has enough high level accounts to keep the workhorse running 24/7, but if they did, would this work?

I don't think it would work very good as with the lower leveled acc they can be training it and letting the high level do the macroing so in time they can have more high levels. And also it only works for 1 macroer unless that person has a mass amount of high levels.

228996.png

arent farmers in it for the raw materials and gold not for the gp.if so wouldnt that mean that they can still continue using assist regardless?can you stll use the skills without the exp after the assist has been made?

tifsdac6mc.gif

Wouldn't it be better for them to have both accounts fishing/woodcutting at the same time? They get more stuff that way and the low guy gets exp out of it. Also, in your scenario, the high level guy can only do this for 30k exp/day.

But you can't do anything while you're assisting somebody, correct? (Not sure about it...)

I don't think its helps them just makes a different way of woodcutting. I wouldnt be time efficient even with the faster rate of cutting because of the logging in and out.

Well done for picking it out though :)

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

If they own the account with 99 fishing and the workhorse account, why wouldn't they just use the account with 99 fishing...?

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Wouldn't it be better for them to have both accounts fishing/woodcutting at the same time? They get more stuff that way and the low guy gets exp out of it. Also, in your scenario, the high level guy can only do this for 30k exp/day.

But you can't do anything while you're assisting somebody, correct? (Not sure about it...)

Exactly, therefore assisting is not a good idea for them because they could be doing more work by having the high level do macros and the low level doing macros at the same time at his own level.
rs0.jpg

Yeah, but I'm talking about gold farmers here...they use dozens of level 3 workhorse accounts to auto their way to 100k yews or something like that, then they sell the yews, and finally sell the RuneScape cash for real-life cash. If they actually used the high level account(s), then they'd risk getting the file banned for macroing.

Yeah, but I'm talking about gold farmers here...they use dozens of level 3 workhorse accounts to auto their way to 100k yews or something like that, then they sell the yews, and finally sell the RuneScape cash for real-life cash. If they actually used the high level account(s), then they'd risk getting the file banned for macroing.

Gold farmers aren't macroers. They are real people, they just don't play because they want to. They don't necessarily break any rules until they sell the items for real-life money. If they didn't do anything illegal on the high level account they could just use that. Also, if a bunch of accounts that Jagex has banned (level 3s) all interacted with one higher level, and this happened only with woodcutting every day, then the high levels would be banned or warned also.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Some gold farmers do use macros, and have several accounts running at once on different computers while watching them all.

Hard to define gold farmer since there are different kinds.

icecube7.jpeg

the high level accounts will get banned. I know they aren't officially macroing (Using software to give them unfair advantages), but jagex would find a rule they would of broken... Which below is the one they would officially be breaking.

What is AFK Training?

AFK training is Away From Keyboard training. While you are playing on RuneScape, you must be at the computer. Away from keyboard training is not allowed, and you should log out when you leave the computer.

So if they aren't at their computer while playing on that high level account, it can get banned.

Now, I doubt jagex bans for AFK training, since 50% of players do it tbh. But they probably will if your helping macros while doing it.

sig.jpg

Sorry for my question but I just back to runescape after quitting it ...

Well, what is a gold farmer?

Gold farming is a problem in many MMORPGs - low wage / slave labour hogging resources and then selling them for real money (or selling the resources in-game for gold/in game currency and than selling that on black market sites).

They may be people, but more likely people in charge of an army of bots.

Typically far eastern, low wage countries, China & suchlike, often countries that are also troublesome spam sources and spam-friendly internet hosts, rotten to the core - never mind China's incoming "great firewall of China", the internet would be a better place if they were disconnected entirely.

If you are assisting someone, you have to stand still. If you move on the high lvl account, the assist system will be cancelled and the gold farmer will have the request assist again

rook_2222.png

F2P for life :D

hm...its possible but not likely imo if they have the chance of using one acc with high fishing or one acc with high fishing and another with slightly lower fishing they'd choose them both...their out to make as much money as possible...

~decked~

d33d15afe02cdbe65e8051919a4e3068.jpg

gwd drops:

bandos:hiltx1