Beowulf

swordwindtrtrtrt

I just saw the trailer yesterday on the Scream Award Show, and whoa, the CGI looks utterly horrific, especially for a film that is all CGI. I don't think I could make myself watch it.

2009rb9.jpg

My English class is taking us on a field trip to see the movie. = )

Why? It has almost no educational value since it only remotely follows the plot. I just finished this for my British Literature class, and I laughed when my friend told me how ridiculously contorted it is. I guess, as other people already said, its Hollywood, what do you expect?

happiehour.jpeg

That movie sucked. =(

He's fighting a sea monster, it eats him, and then when he bursts out of it's EYE, the first thing he does is scream his own frikkin name. Come on.

you obviously don't comprehend the epicness that is beowulf. :wink:

My freinds been talking about it nonstop since he found out its coming out. He claims its gonna be the 300 killer.

I AM BEOWOLF!!!!

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

shockingly similar in the preview.

Yeah, I think the only difference is how fast he shouts beowulf for some reason. I read the book in highschool and liked the story, so I figure I'll watch the movie.

Yea, I saw the commercials, it was like, " I A M Beowulf!" I put the extra spacing to show he yells those slower. It should be something like, "I Am Beowuuuuuuuulf!!"

[hide]I hear we get to see Angelina au natural :thumbsup: I want to see it just for that.

I can barely tell the difference between the computer-generated Angelina Jolie and the real one.

This makes it sound even better :thumbsup: :thumbsup: [/hide]

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Saw it on Imax 3D.

The whole "screaming his own name multiple times" thing got really annoying. The effects were great, specially in the cave with the sounds. The best part would have to be the troll bashing scenes with the blue flames. Overall the story didn't really make Beowulf unique, he was just part of a never ending loop.

About the Chuck Norris comment, Beowulf did at a moment have just the right glance and beard to look just like him :lol:

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

It has Angelie Jolie in it...(sp)

:-X

Bite off your fingers. How dare you blasphemise the name of Angelina Jolie. :shame: You will forever be tormented by ancient spirits and sucked into a deep pit of OBLIVION!!! :notalk:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I can guarantee that pretty much everyone that says it sucked, says so because they didn't see it in true 3D.

Yer, the plot wasn't particularily good, but that's not what the movie was about. It was about the 3D action, and that's what I based my own rating on.

Harrington.gif