"Bots" Common Since Tells You..

Alina

Well, for a while I've been seeing many complaints about Bots. First off I'd like to say, yes bots are making runescape In-Game lag. I don't enjoy having them around, but I don't complain.

The only way to get rid of bots Is the Report them. The best way to report them is to send their names to Jagex staff so they can check it out. Using the "Report Abuse" button, you don't know if the player is a bot or not.

Well, Down the Discussion. If Jagex has already stated the way to report autoers, and not to complain about it, why do players insist to carry on? I beleive these players are not reading the Knowledge Base, Or Forum rules. I don't understand why they insist to keep complaining, but I know it does no good. Just Imagine posting a thread on the runescape forums ranting about Bots, and a Mod Locks It. Now, Nothing else can be heard about that topic from the person.

Come on people, think? It's common since to read the knowledge base, and rules. It actualy tells you to do that in the process of registering an account. I think players get excited about playing a game that looks enjoyable, and that is. Common since tells you to read the rules & knowledge base so you won't get banned for breaking rules several times.

So, The discussion here realy is why do players insist on complaining about bots?

~Alina

~Tip.It's #1 Party Girl & Events Team Supporter~

2141567593_54ae68f6f3_o.jpg

Next TET Event: A Holy Pilgrimage!

Next TET AU Event: Zamorak Strikes Back Part 1!

PM me if you need any help with an event.

well thought out post =D> its probably because bots are so freaking annoying, and they ruin the game

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

People complain becouse nothing is being done about the problem

nothing is being done? tell that to Jagex who has wasted,and still wasting, so much time and resources over this issue.

Off-Topic

Its common sense (yea, i also hate it when people correct me but this 1 makes this topic somewhat vague so..)

People complain becouse nothing is being done about the problem, i sent in a way to mass ban bots last year and a way to easily stop the current ibot craze, jagex did nothing.

Yep I agree with you, Jagex has been talking up how they are getting rid of autoers... Yet the problem is worse then 2 years ago... I am not going to waste my time reporting people :roll:

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

If I had known the bots are cause of most of the horrible lag I experience when playing Runescape I would complain like crazy...

ZOMFG, B0ts cau53 lag!?!?1one!? n00b JagX no do nth, IMA spam forums!?!1!one

No seriously, I never knew that the bots were partially the cause of the lag in-game, I always blamed my old computer for it, sorry computer.

IMO People are complaining in hope that a J-Mod actually reads the specific thread and actually does something about it. Many people (including me), feels that the report button does actually nothing, although Jagex does mass-ban bots, the numbers still are increasing, there must be a way to stop them

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

For a start.. Limit account creation.

well thats a possibility, but how would you do that? via IP? most of them have dynamic IPs or atleast know how 2 change their IP.

but if you mean it like only creating lets says? 5000 characters a day? that might help

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

I report them and complain. :)

They cut into my playing time slowing me drastically. :|

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Nice pun. :wink:

I normally report them. However, reporting them takes forever. It would spend a normal player 6 hours in which it would take Player Moderators 20 minutes or less. :|

j0xPu5R.png

I hate bots so much that I've spent the last two weeks reporting them, no joke! Thats over 25 hours of reporting.

Lets calculate 25x60p/m =1500 :-X Holy.....

I've visited those worlds recently and they are nearly bot free!! Jagex has banned all my reports.

Modship anytime soon Jagex?

Lol I joke

sfhgjfyjruytkubb2.jpg
if you said "runescape" at my school, seeing that 90% of the population there are rednecks, they'd be like "whats that", me: "a computer game online", "eh!? oh one of those thinga-ma-gigers mrs clark got on her desk? a compooter?

Are you actually asking "why do people complain and whine?" Is this a trick question? Did we somehow leave the land of the angsty 15 year olds with rationality problems and travel to the land of fluffy bunnies?

People complain about EVERYTHING. Get over it.

The only time I ever go to F2P is to go PKing, so rarely see nything other than edge and the wild.

Yesterday I was bored and for some reason thought it would be funny to see if I could kill anyone with my rubber chicken. I know it might come as a surprise, but I died.

First time I went to Lumby in f2p in god knows how long.

It is so rare in fact that I completely forgot they put a bank in Lumby now and I did what I used to do and run the back-route to Draynor for the closest bank.

Where I saw what can only be described as hundreds of bots, lvl 3's all wearing the same outfit, following the same path from trees to general store to bank to trees et al. I watched for a little while reporting the odd name.. (too many to report especially with the report system keep saying you only just made a report don't abuse the system). I reported about 5.

I'm no game designer or programmer but I work in a different field of IT, and have little if not much knowledge about how such programs work, and a few things popped to mind, obviously people start the game here so you cant have too many agressive monsters killing the noobs on their first day. but around the trees and fishing spot south west of draynor bank there are aggressive npc's that attack the bots, occasionally the odd bot dies, why not have more of these.. of course it wouldnt stop them, as they dont care if they die, they just follow their program to get back to cutting trees, however it woul slow it down a bit.

How about everyday, just changing something, ever so slightly about how tutorial Island works, or character creation, these programs are routines, patterns, they have rules to follow if certain things happen, well if there is something different, it cant do it because it hasn't been told what to do, they are not intelligent. Of course this would just slow it down a bit also, not stop it, because people would re-write the bot program, but making them re-write it every day wouldnt be a bad thing.

obviously randoms help a little but not much, but just little changes on the route they take or how characters are made etc etc, will help cut the problem down a bit. none of these things will ever stop autoing, but they will definately help slow the problem down a bit.

One other simple way of cutting the problem down a bit. When I saw how many there were, I reported a few, but obviously right clicking on them cutting the trees would result in a huge pile of them, If Jagex really wanted to do anything about the problem, just send a J mod every so often to the botspots (because they arent exactly hard to find). in a few mins they could ban 100+ bots on each world. You might think that a bit unfair, but as you know even with private and public chat off, you can still see a jagex mod talk, any lvl 3's that dont respond, ban them. just once a week maybe, how hard would that be.. again it wouldnt fix it, but it would put a bandage over the wound.

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

Without bots, yew logs, sharks, and a lot of other resources' prices would go insane. It would end up going back to it's original price, but yeah, they are somewhat disrupting the economy. Players aren't willing to cut yews anymore, or fish sharks, because it's so easy to obtain from autoers that the prices are too low for the time spent.

My Walkthrough and Game Guide

http://forum.tip.it/topic/11294-advertise-your-thing-here-all-posted-elsewhere-removed/page__view__findpost__p__4761261

My Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/USDMcat

Latest Announcement:

3-11-11: Both Episodes 1 and 2 of my Borderlands Walkthrough have been uploaded in HD!

Complaining would get you no where. Jagex hates being bothered with players sending in complaints about bots. They also don't like it posted on the forums.

if something is being done then why may i ask is : the same person i report everytime i go to pc still their auto-typing and whip scamming?

He is doing th eteam scam w/ a friend where he buy's certain item for way over price while friend buys item he is trading for even more...

little example : berserker ring / whip / drag legs ....etc

I've reported this same guy around , hmmm.... i would say 15 times and guess what.......he is still their doing the same little scam

justin500.png[spoiler=Goals.]justin500.png

justin500.png

justin500.png

[/url]

[spoiler=99's]99 strength achieved 5/27/09.

99 hitpoints achieved 9/30/09.(59,643)

99 attack achieved 11/08/09. (77,453)

99 defence achieved 1/31/10. (63,382)

99 range achieved ( sometime ago )

[spoiler=Drops]

x15 whips

x53 d boots

x3 visages

x88 g mauls

do they still send messages to ur inbox when they act on one of ur reports?

it used to be that they'd send u a message and say thanks and we've done something about it.. altho they didnt say what or who to.

i still send in reports for very obvious hings, people advertising rs gp sites.. swearing etc.. haven't had a message in years saying they've done anything about it.. makes you wonder.. why bother reporting.

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

I do hope that Jagex starts taking action on the bots around here. It seems as if Jagex is leaving all of the work to normal players who are in groups against autoers.

~Alina

Complaining would get you no where. Jagex hates being bothered with players sending in complaints about bots. They also don't like it posted on the forums.
I was not referring to actually sending Jagex a complaint...

More like complaining to my friends.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85