"Bots" Common Since Tells You..

Alina

I do hope that Jagex starts taking action on the bots around here. It seems as if Jagex is leaving all of the work to normal players who are in groups against autoers.

~Alina

JAGeX hired -and are still hiring- a team of JAGeX Moderators to go to the macroer location and to ban them. Here's just a few I thank for helping to get rid of the macroer problem:

Mod Al

Mod Pheby

Mod Ridgon

Mod Murdoch

Mod Ali

Mod Shelley

Mod Tallman

I'm sure there are more, but this is the list of JAGeX Moderators that were seen by Tip.iters banning macroers at their macroing locations. Most people don't see them do that because the main player base is in North America. JAGeX is 5 hours ahead of the Eastern Timezone, therefore, if you ever see a JAGeX Moderator, it's late at night for them.

j0xPu5R.png

Yes, bots are what keep natural materials to keep selling on runescape. But, would you want a game that lags, but you can still get items? Or a Game that doesn't lag, and you can get items yourself too.

~Alina

~Tip.It's #1 Party Girl & Events Team Supporter~

2141567593_54ae68f6f3_o.jpg

Next TET Event: A Holy Pilgrimage!

Next TET AU Event: Zamorak Strikes Back Part 1!

PM me if you need any help with an event.

well thought out post =D> its probably because bots are so freaking annoying, and they ruin the game
actually, bots are what keep the game going, its the excess of bots that is the issue.
Players could pick up the slack if they were given a chance. Who the hell wants to compete with a bot that just gathers up resources when you would be working for the same payoff but much more effort put in.

If bots were gone us honest players could return to chopping.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

If Jagex has already stated the way to report autoers, and not to complain about it, why do players insist to carry on? I beleive these players are not reading the Knowledge Base, Or Forum rules. I don't understand why they insist to keep complaining

Well you need to remember that this game is more over populated with immature 7-14 year olds that are lazy or illiterate.

Sadly there isn't to many people my age and older who are willing to admit they play the game (I am 17) Originally back in the classic's time this game had alot more people my age. but now as the games popularity and easy form of playing by just using your browser any 7 yearold can play this game which is the only thing that really annoys me this game the most. It's the hige amount of young immature players. As for bots well I pretty much gave up caring about them a long time ago I just report or ignore them.

"My Weapon is my faith. Even I die, my faith shall never fall before the enemy"

POP-Signature-v23.gif

Well these people need a wake-up call. I'm now 22 years old, playing since I was 19. I know players who are way younger than me who are mature. Mabey these people can be an excample to the lazy ones.

~Alina

~Tip.It's #1 Party Girl & Events Team Supporter~

2141567593_54ae68f6f3_o.jpg

Next TET Event: A Holy Pilgrimage!

Next TET AU Event: Zamorak Strikes Back Part 1!

PM me if you need any help with an event.

I do hope that Jagex starts taking action on the bots around here. It seems as if Jagex is leaving all of the work to normal players who are in groups against autoers.

~Alina

JAGeX hired -and are still hiring- a team of JAGeX Moderators to go to the macroer location and to ban them. Here's just a few I thank for helping to get rid of the macroer problem:

Mod Al

Mod Pheby

Mod Ridgon

Mod Murdoch

Mod Ali

Mod Shelley

Mod Tallman

I'm sure there are more, but this is the list of JAGeX Moderators that were seen by Tip.iters banning macroers at their macroing locations. Most people don't see them do that because the main player base is in North America. JAGeX is 5 hours ahead of the Eastern Timezone, therefore, if you ever see a JAGeX Moderator, it's late at night for them.

In the past week or two I've seen 4 of those mods. I've even seen Ali twice. Before that I had only seen 1 J mod in 3 years. I'd say jagex is working on it.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

People complain becouse nothing is being done about the problem, i sent in a way to mass ban bots last year and a way to easily stop the current ibot craze, jagex did nothing.

Yep I agree with you, Jagex has been talking up how they are getting rid of autoers... Yet the problem is worse then 2 years ago... I am not going to waste my time reporting people :roll:

Are we talking about the same 2 years ago?

Don't you remember why jagex added in pure ess? Cause there was so many autoers. From a flaw in their programming there was hacked clients that actually did the work internally(By altering the client's code). now its all done externally (By color, looks, etc.).

It is nothing like it was 2 years ago.

I still remember getting a 205 options on the yew trees.

sig.jpg

If Jagex has already stated the way to report autoers, and not to complain about it, why do players insist to carry on? I beleive these players are not reading the Knowledge Base, Or Forum rules. I don't understand why they insist to keep complaining

Well you need to remember that this game is more over populated with immature 7-14 year olds that are lazy or illiterate..

No one under 13 should be playing alone, only with family on their parents account they shouldnt have their own account until 14+.

As mentioned on the Jagex site the game is designed for teenagers and older. Even 14-18 years olds should have express permission from their parents to play the game.

I wonder how many do tho.

It's mainly just a get-out cluase by Jagex tho..

are you under 14? well you can't play.. ohh you created an account anyway? well unless your parents contact us.. and can prove they are you're parents, we wont ban your acount.

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

I can understand why many people may be frustrated with the macroers. Mainly because it is ruining the fun that honest players want to have. Therefore, this causes some people to rant about them, which is indeed against the official RuneScape Forum Code of Conduct.

I've seen in the past, a few posts starting with: "I know it's against the rules to rant about macroers, but..." - These make me wonder: "If you know it's against the rules, why did you post it then?"

I think what people need to realise is that a post on the Forums doesn't get rid of the macroers, or help Jagex get rid of them in any way. Reporting the rule-breakers does both of those things though though.

well thought out post =D> its probably because bots are so freaking annoying, and they ruin the game
actually, bots are what keep the game going, its the excess of bots that is the issue.
Players could pick up the slack if they were given a chance. Who the hell wants to compete with a bot that just gathers up resources when you would be working for the same payoff but much more effort put in.

If bots were gone us honest players could return to chopping.

in theory it sounds nice, but everyone has gotten so use to the current prices of things that if there was a sudden change, it would NOT end well. People are use to paying 200-300gp for yew logs, the bots are all suddenly gone and the price on yews goes up to 400-500, the buyers would get very upset and their would be serious market issues at that point.

If it was done away with long ago there wouldn't be a problem, because everyone would be use to the price, but if someone suddenly had to pay 200-300 gp more per raw material it could cause major issues.

Oh, I don't know, maybe because they are extremely irritating, they keep legitimate players from using gathering skills to make money, they are the basis of most RW item trading/goldbuying, they make it almost impossible to even think about wcing in f2p, and despite enourmous efforts on the part of JaGEx, THEY ARE STILL HERE. I think I can truthfully say that anyone who has played for more than a few months would rather have autoers and goldfarmers completely eradicated than get a month's worth of updates.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

bots cause lag??

Errr... You notice now? The more people there are in a world/area, the more it lags. Haven't you noticed how Worlds 1/2 because of all the people. Well, the same thing for bots. Even though they usually don't talk, they still cause lag just being there :wall:

That's why I hate it when I'm trying to woodcut yews #-o

rook_2222.png

F2P for life :D

It seems to me that autoers are now mainly an F2p issue. I have not seen an autoer in P2p for over a month, so I would say that Jagex has mostly solved the problem in P2P. This is because they can put in checks when pople play to keep out aotuoers (or should I say gold farmers). However, the same checks cannot be put into F2P and because of the nature of F2P it will never be possible. So, IMO, unless Jagex manages to stop real life trading (by both F2P and P2P) I'm afraid F2P will have to put up with hordes of these gold farmers. One more reason to be P2P!!!!