Hum a new mini-quest?

Sy_Accursed

I haven't got time to check it out myself.

But there's rumblings on the RSOF that wearing ghost speak ammy and ring of visilbity (as for ghostly robes and shadow sword) in the crypt area of goblin temple reveals some sort of new mini-quest linked npc.

Anyone checked this out?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I heard about it in-game as well from someone who had finished the quest and saw that. He didn't do it because he didn't have a ring of visibility at the moment. Didn't get a chance to check.

I have discovered a miniquest that takes place after Land of the Goblins! Here is an overview of the miniquest, which I have dubbed "Hopespear's Will". Please bump this thread so other people can see it.

Requirements:

Completion of Land of the Goblins

Completion of The Restless Ghost

Obtained a Ring of Visibility from Desert Treasure

Acquired use of Fairy Rings from Fairy Tale Part II

Ability to defeat the five goblin priests unarmed

A Goblin Potion

Rewards:

About 12k prayer xp

A happy feeling inside

Instructions:

First, take your Amulet of Ghostspeak, Ring of visibility and some food to the goblin crypt. Equip them, and Hopespear will appear before you. After a long conversation, he will ask you to take the bones of the preists to Yu'biusk, and bury them there. In order to make the preists drop their bones instead of just collapsing, you must engage in ritual combat. This means unequipping everything and defeating them all bare-handed. You can still use prayers and food, which is recommended.

After defeating all the priests, take their bones and your Dramen/Lunar staff to the nearest Fairy Ring. Dial BLQ to teleport back to Yu'biusk. If you examine the strange box that took Zanik, you will call out her name in vain; and you will get the message that this doesn't look it could have ever opened at all. Bury the bones here, and each priest will grant you prayer experience, totaling about 12k.

Please keep this thread bumped, so the word gets out!

Here's what someone said on the RSOF.

icecube7.jpeg

Apparently, if you equip a ring of visibility and GS ammy, and talk to the guy in the crypt, he will tell you to hopespear someone (forget who) then kill all 6 goblins unarmed and bury the bones (someplace). Reward=13k pray xp.

Its true i checked it out.

07nov12223835gw9.png

you have the kill the 5 goblins you killed during the quest unarmed, not so hard as i did it unarmed the first time around lol.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

after this miniquest can you now use the altar in the temple?

I used the altar before the miniquest

oh really? ;p oops - didn't try it after the boss fight just before.

good god, how do people find these things out so fast? :shock: ring of visibility for each new quest or something?

The guy who's post I quoted said that he assumed there may be a ghost in the quest, because it was a crypt, so he went back and checked.

icecube7.jpeg

Can you take these bones out of the crypt to have them ectoed/gilded altered?

I presume not, but it's good to check these things.

you're supposed to bury them in Yu'biusk. I didn't try burying or doing anything else with them. also, after checking the box, you can go back to talk to the guy who makes teleport spheres and he tells you that he thinks there's basically no way to get zanik back. i'm going to be really disappointed if they kill zanik off in the last quest....

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

Can you take these bones out of the crypt to have them ectoed/gilded altered?

you're supposed to bury them in Yu'biusk. I didn't try burying or doing anything else with them. also, after checking the box, you can go back to talk to the guy who makes teleport spheres and he tells you that he thinks there's basically no way to get zanik back. i'm going to be really disappointed if they kill zanik off in the last quest....

Ahhh darn you spoiler! =X I can't do this quest till friday. Zanik.. gone?! D= Nobody mention more about this lol!

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

quote="Ginger_Warrior"]Can you take these bones out of the crypt to have them ectoed/gilded altered?

No, I just checked and it turns out you can't. It says "You should go to Yu'biusk before burying the bones." if you try.

It's kinda ironic I did the quest and after the priests dialogue about whats it like being dead and wondering why they were there I thought hmmm maybe there's something hidden here.

Then I went on forums and boom I find word of Hopespear and this mini-quest.

Though I get the feeling this mini-quest may be something you need to have done/do to complete the final Zanik Quest

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue