Unofficial Tip.It Ventrilo Server Launched!

Gooru

You need to change the server name to denote that this is an UNOFFICIAL Tip.It Ventrilo server since there will never be an official one.

What if people in charge will officalizise it?

they should, I don't see any downside to TIF having an official vent server :?

somebody will slip up and give away irl info. tipit trys to protects its community, so by endorsing this they are hanging on a thin line.

that is done all the time on these forums as well as on their IRC channel, A vent server wouldn't make it any worse than it already is.

Right, and if we get some official Tip.It mods that will get on, I can make them Admins so they can help out and make sure people follow the rules.

Plus, not like they're paying for it...I am...who doesn't like free stuff? Lol

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Sweet :). You need Ventrilo 3.0.0, They recently updated it. I'll hop in while I'm not in my clans :). Btw - How many people can this server hold?

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

Hey, Sweet :). You need Ventrilo 3.0.0, They recently updated it. I'll hop in while I'm not in my clans :). Btw - How many people can this server hold?

50 for now.

If it gets popular, which I hope it does, I'll be happy to upgrade to 100-person maximum. ;)

I'm trying to install the client right now, but I have run into a roadblock. I'm getting an error message that reads: "Error 1324. The folder path 'My Pictures' contains an invalid character." Can anyone help me out with this? I can't find any answers on Ventrilo's site.

My operating system is Windows XP.

error.png

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

I'm trying to install the client right now, but I have run into a roadblock. I'm getting an error message that reads: "Error 1324. The folder path 'My Pictures' contains an invalid character." Can anyone help me out with this? I can't find any answers on Ventrilo's site.

error.png

some programs replace the space in paths with "%20". try "My%20Pictures" instead

Of those who say nothing, few are silent -=Thomas Neil =-

error.png

As I explained in game, you might have a corrupt file in your my documents\my pictures folder. Try moving everything out of there and see what happens. If not, search internet for that error, im sure you can find solution. Let me know how it works out. :thumbsup:

Game Name: Ego Scorpion

Party Hat Sets: 4

Bank Pictures: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=712645&start=0

ego_scorpion.png

woot! I got it installed. I ended having to go into my registry editor and change some file paths, it's all good now. Thanks for the help guys. :D

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

I will write it when I get some free time at work, been really busy last week :(

Do you have any question in particular or you just wonna know in general?

Also, im glad to see so many people on vent, more and more every day! Hopefuly we get our little vent community that helps each other out and everybody is welcome!

Game Name: Ego Scorpion

Party Hat Sets: 4

Bank Pictures: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=712645&start=0

ego_scorpion.png