New races?

SedrikI

I was thinking if runescape need new races.If they would add at least 1 race that would be huge update/There will need to be new spawn place new city etc but this could be cool.Of course it would make a lot of disadvantage to players that started playing before the update so there should be a way how members can turn into other races it would be cool if RS had something special that others game dont have for example half human half devil or just any other race.What is your opinion on making a new race? :-$

interesting idea :)

goblin would spawn in the temple or goblin vilage

elves in letla.

but it would be a giant opdate :shock:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

There are already multiple races in Runescape, however we can only be human.

In my opinion it would be very stupid having multiple races, first of all it would provide no new gameplay elements without unbalancing the game even more and secondly it would ruin pretty much every quest. A rewrite of every quest to respond to you as the difference race(s) would take forever and not to mention the time it'd take to do all the item modelling for the new look characters.

In my opinion it would be very stupid having multiple races, first of all it would provide no new gameplay elements without unbalancing the game even more and secondly it would ruin pretty much every quest. A rewrite of every quest to respond to you as the difference race(s) would take forever and not to mention the time it'd take to do all the item modelling for the new look characters.

true.

we had classes before, adventurer, miner, ect... when you made char you picked one..

thats how people get chars with 9 hp, miners, ect started with higher mining, and only 9 hits.

35b9enp.jpg

True.. nice idea.. but its not wow

Ltgen_Singh.png

Capture_Copy.png

all_99.png

Runescape has developed too much with the single race thing that it'll be hard to shift. I personally think that it would be more interesting if there were races to choose from, and each race had their own unique skills. Would diversify things more.

I was thinking if runescape need new races.If they would add at least 1 race that would be huge update/There will need to be new spawn place new city etc but this could be cool.Of course it would make a lot of disadvantage to players that started playing before the update so there should be a way how members can turn into other races it would be cool if RS had something special that others game dont have for example half human half devil or just any other race.What is your opinion on making a new race? :-$

My opinion is you should just go and play World of Warcraft, that's what you've just described.

Races just wouldn't work with Runescape, unless they only difference was the look. Otherwise it would just constrict us in what we can do, the great thing about Runescape is you can do anything so long as you have the skills, I don't want to lose every fight I have against race X just because they get a +5 to magic or whatever.

true.

we had classes before, adventurer, miner, ect... when you made char you picked one..

thats how people get chars with 9 hp, miners, ect started with higher mining, and only 9 hits.

You're both right and wrong. Yes you could create classes before which had different stats, not too sure what the HP levels were, but I'm fairly sure they weren't changed (correct me if I'm wrong here).

The reason for 9 hits characters is NOT that they were miners, I believe either the experience requirement for level 10 went up a bit (And all levels after), or for some reason your hits experience went down a bit when the characters were converted to RS2. The choosing of classes is NOTHING to do with 9 hp characters (Well, maybe a few if the different classes had lower hp, which I'm not sure they did).

My opinion is you should just go and play World of Warcraft, that's what you've just described.

Races just wouldn't work with Runescape, unless they only difference was the look. Otherwise it would just constrict us in what we can do, the great thing about Runescape is you can do anything so long as you have the skills, I don't want to lose every fight I have against race X just because they get a +5 to magic or whatever.

Well Chaos_Reborn made good point that we allready got too much things in 1 race. So even if it would get creater i am sure that other races will be able to make something that human cant make but they need, so i just dont mean the look.

true.

You're both right and wrong. Yes you could create classes before which had different stats, not too sure what the HP levels were, but I'm fairly sure they weren't changed (correct me if I'm wrong here).

The reason for 9 hits characters is NOT that they were miners, I believe either the experience requirement for level 10 went up a bit (And all levels after), or for some reason your hits experience went down a bit when the characters were converted to RS2. The choosing of classes is NOTHING to do with 9 hp characters (Well, maybe a few if the different classes had lower hp, which I'm not sure they did).

A wierd rumour is that if you got an original miner acc with 9 hp and lvled it on rs2 you can attain 126 combat, not true though lol.

I'm sure Jagex will add diff. races to choose from in near future, it just wouldn't work this way. I think you would start in totally different place for example if you were elf, you would start in that big elven city. And about gameplay elements, the changes would be huge, just think about possibilities with elven magic and prayers. Also you wouldn't have all human race quests available for you. New race would occasionally get their own quests and storylines. Either way, if and when this happens I'd be very excited. \'

The reason for 9 hits characters is NOT that they were miners, I believe either the experience requirement for level 10 went up a bit (And all levels after), or for some reason your hits experience went down a bit when the characters were converted to RS2..

This is true, xp never wen't down or up, in rs1 you just started with exactly 1000xp in hp, which game then rounded to lvl 10. I got 2 9hp accounts this way. Made them in rs1, but never trained before rs2 came out. Also I'm not 100% sure but I think every class started with same hp or at least my first wizard account had 10hp :anxious:

Other playable races were never intended from the start. And the way they have set it up (like quests) would mean this update would take years and provide no benifits beyond cosmetics.

It would be cool, but they wont do it.

One of RuneScape's features is that we can develop our characters any way we like, without being restricted by a race or class we chose when we first signed up. That's a nice feature, and I'd be sorry to see it change.

You dont have much to worry about because they will probably never do new race but it would be cool if they would :lol:

I wouldn't mind the ability to just look like other races... even if it would mess with quests. Maybe as part of make-over mage?

BUt I don't want any race-specific things...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I wouldn't mind the ability to just look like other races... even if it would mess with quests. Maybe as part of make-over mage?

BUt I don't want any race-specific things...

Hmm it is more likely that overmake mage would make you look like different race that make whole city with new race. I like the idea :thumbsup:

+1

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

y_anima"]

+1

+2. If you want to have a game like that, go play WoW. The fact that you can only be human is actually one of the main defining features of Runescape. You aren't restricted in any way, and everybody is equal from the start, and you can go in any direction you like. If you end up with separate starting points (Ie as a different race), you end up in separation of players, and there will end up being a goal for players which they truly can't achieve, which will then destroy a significant piece of RS.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

y_anima"]

+1

+2. If you want to have a game like that, go play WoW. The fact that you can only be human is actually one of the main defining features of Runescape. You aren't restricted in any way, and everybody is equal from the start, and you can go in any direction you like. If you end up with separate starting points (Ie as a different race), you end up in separation of players, and there will end up being a goal for players which they truly can't achieve, which will then destroy a significant piece of RS.

Like dark dude said, the whole game is built around us being human, and quests/history revolves around that fact.

Don't forget that you can become a monkey, a penguin and more recently a goblin. If anything, you'll be able to temporarily morph into other races, but it would be good if that morphing process gave you some benefits, e.g., while morphed into an Elve, you get a range boost.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL