New races?

SedrikI

I prefer the current character selection as it stands. I think others are correct in their opinion that introducing character selection now would be unfair on players who already have advanced characters.

Even if Jagex allowed current players to switch to an existing class, it would require a massive effort in both programming and research to ensure that such an update would not totally unbalance the game. It's too much work for a relatively minor update.

Harrington.gif

Please, god no.

Runescape is like the only game these days that only has one playable race! It makes RS unique.

Plus, if this is implemented (even if you forget about the huge use of man-hours), then the first generation of Runescapers will have a disadvantage; they'll have to learn how to play with other races. It'll just be a big pain in the butt. :evil:

maybe if Mechscape comes out, Jagex can implement that.

The reason why World of Warcraft has different races, is because they created it like that from the start. All quests, areas, information will be set to benefit that race and others together at the same time. In RuneScape however, if we did that, quests will have to be rewritten as someone said, change the areas (say if you pick a elf, a lvl 3 in the Elven lands? With 80+ monsters?), and change the whole gameplay.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

There are already multiple races in Runescape, however we can only be human.

In my opinion it would be very stupid having multiple races, first of all it would provide no new gameplay elements without unbalancing the game even more and secondly it would ruin pretty much every quest. A rewrite of every quest to respond to you as the difference race(s) would take forever and not to mention the time it'd take to do all the item modelling for the new look characters.

Took the words right out of my keyboard :P

Shots-Sig.jpg

I want to be a dwarf so their clothes actually fit me... What? :anxious:

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

This is a nice idea, and I would myself love to be able to have an elf as character. But this would probalby cause a lot of in-game problems, and I don't think that Jagex wants to spend as much time as it's needed to solve these and to create the characters.

But sure it's a nice idea :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Guest Armagedon46disabled

if u mean other races for players it would be great i play wow and love the idea of it, people would be like omg copy, but really its not its just a good idea i'd love it

There are already multiple races in Runescape, however we can only be human.

In my opinion it would be very stupid having multiple races, first of all it would provide no new gameplay elements without unbalancing the game even more and secondly it would ruin pretty much every quest. A rewrite of every quest to respond to you as the difference race(s) would take forever and not to mention the time it'd take to do all the item modelling for the new look characters.

true.

we had classes before, adventurer, miner, ect... when you made char you picked one..

thats how people get chars with 9 hp, miners, ect started with higher mining, and only 9 hits.

You're both right and wrong. Yes you could create classes before which had different stats, not too sure what the HP levels were, but I'm fairly sure they weren't changed (correct me if I'm wrong here).

The reason for 9 hits characters is NOT that they were miners, I believe either the experience requirement for level 10 went up a bit (And all levels after), or for some reason your hits experience went down a bit when the characters were converted to RS2. The choosing of classes is NOTHING to do with 9 hp characters (Well, maybe a few if the different classes had lower hp, which I'm not sure they did).

A wierd rumour is that if you got an original miner acc with 9 hp and lvled it on rs2 you can attain 126 combat, not true though lol.

Darkdude, you are close, but not quite right.

A miner starts with 5hp but with higher mining, not many people played as a miner because that was all you could do, mine. If you still have a brand new miner account, you are one of only few, even the only one.

But, the reason characters had 9hp in RS2 was because in RSC, you started with level 10 hitpoints BUT you had 1,000 experience even though it required a higher experience level to get level 10. When people transferred characters over from RSC -> RS2 they ended up with 9hp. :D

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!