staking DESTROYED

l0l0lpur3

Just when i thought jagex couldn't possibly trump their own stupidity after p ess, the ditch, they pull this stunt

i don't even stake, it's just the principle of the thing, not on at all.

Some people just like stakeing, i imagine it's like how i would feel if say, fishing was limited to one shark an hour.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

... no wait...

.. .almost there...

Ah... No more arrogant twits coming up to me when I'm peacefully mining, fishing, farming or otherwise minding my own business and saying "Stake me nub 500k my rules"

If you enjoy duelling, then duel for the enjoyment of it. If you rely on staking to make money by taking advantage of people then sucked in.

siganizq4.gif

Jagex might be in trouble, most stakers will soon cancel membership, and some mains might too. Imagine what a huge blow that would be

jagex will lose money

=D>

These are the type of responses to the vast majority of Jagex's updates that always amuse me....."ZOMG I don't like the update, you better change it or we are ALL gonna quit!".......right.....allow me to show you the door, there you go M8, carry your lil behind right on over to another game, one less over-dramatic whiner clogging up the game....heres a tip, a lot of players love the game, enjoy dedicating years to developing their character, and I would dare say, it would take a lot, to make us quit.

Now for the garden variety nub who has a "main" (lev 58) and a "staker" (lev 34)....who whine and flop about every little thing, threaten to quit when the latest update wasn't catered to their lev 65 pker, staker slacker...etc, we are better off without you. Go ahead and quit, people are signing up everyday, it is a constant turn over...no worries m8, I have a sinking suspicion Jagex will be just fine. They have the top 200,000 players who are dedicated, to keep them going. I could care less if they doubled, tripled or quadrupled the monthly fee, it's just pocket change afterall. Maybe they should, that will keep the riffraff out of the game...go play F2P. you can join the "why can't we get MORE for free?" protests in Lumbry.

meh

Im in the top 200k players on 2 accounts and this update made me quit.

going to say what i've said in every other thread concerning the update...

the ones that DID RWT or scam through the arena, whether it be few or many, are the ones that caused the change, and they showed jagex that the community as a whole could not help but abuse the duel arena. if anything, blame the cheaters for it.

If they cant manage their game in a way that doesnt destroy a way of playing that thousands have embraced for years then i dont think i will be p2p anymore.

p9793481.gif

p8170253.gif

I believe this is their strategy: nerf every possible way for someone to make money and enjoy the game so noone plays anymore. This way there will be no incentive for people to sell money since noone will buy it. They then delete the game and go to sleep. And hell, I don't even stake.

Sneak peak on next weeks update:

[hide]There is now a 12gp limit on trading so that people cannot scam or real-world trade.

Also, we removed the wilderness as we felt it was too mean - note that any accounts in the wilderness at the time of update have been declared abandoned and sold on ebay.

Furthermore, we deleted all the game's discontinued items and replaced them with potatos.

We feel that this weeks update will bring a much anticipated sense of security to the game.

[/hide]

I believe this is their strategy: nerf every possible way for someone to make money and enjoy the game so noone plays anymore. This way there will be no incentive for people to sell money since noone will buy it. They then delete the game and go to sleep. And hell, I don't even stake.

Sneak peak on next weeks update:

[hide]There is now a 12gp limit on trading so that people cannot scam or real-world trade.

Also, we removed the wilderness as we felt it was too mean - note that any accounts in the wilderness at the time of update have been declared abandoned and sold on ebay.

Furthermore, we deleted all the game's discontinued items and replaced them with potatos.

We feel that this weeks update will bring a much anticipated sense of security to the game.

[/hide]

Satiric, but the wording used is just the same Jagex uses to assert players in believing their intentions and accepting them. :P

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Jagex took something that has been there since the start of rsc that a huge percentage of the population enjoy and butchered it beyond belief..

for most high lvls who arnt into skills staking was the last truly fun thing left in this game and jagex just wrecked it without regard for the consequences, also hat prices are dropping like hell so jagex has just crushed some peoples banks.

So, really why are you quitting? Because you lost your source of fun or your source of income? Because one i understand why is that...but dont come here telling that they butchered the fun of the minigame, because it stays virtually the same, except for the limits of the stake.

And those who are complaining about the rares market...i laugh so hard its not even funny...people know that market is VERY fragile and almost all updates messes with it, so if you want to play with something that fragile youll end up taking risks but in the long run everybody knows that it will get more valuable, unless Jagex makes it untradeable, and in that case God helps me or ill die laughing at the forums

sigqp2bw9.gifIceBlackIce.gif

*** [ END ]: You gained 1,671,000 thieving exp in 9mins 44secs. That's 10,300,684 exp/h.

Dragon Drops - 1 Skirt

Im sorry...

Its really my fault to try to discuss in a civilized manner with someone as you. Ill try to mend my errors...

0mgz0rs y0u 1i1tt13 brat...go check the kb and go to the minigames part and see whats there ... !!! 111!!

As an end note i have to say... MOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM they killlzed the arena...

sigqp2bw9.gifIceBlackIce.gif

*** [ END ]: You gained 1,671,000 thieving exp in 9mins 44secs. That's 10,300,684 exp/h.

Dragon Drops - 1 Skirt

Im sorry...

Its really my fault to try to discuss in a civilized manner with someone as you. Ill try to mend my errors...

0mgz0rs y0u 1i1tt13 brat...go check the kb and go to the minigames part and see whats there ... !!! 111!!

You wernt civilised at all jerkoff, maybe i enjoyed staking? maybe you would be pissed off if they removed begging as an aspect of the game seeing as you have garbage stats, but for me staking was what i enjoyed.

Jagex might be in trouble, most stakers will soon cancel membership, and some mains might too. Imagine what a huge blow that would be

jagex will lose money

=D>

These are the type of responses to the vast majority of Jagex's updates that always amuse me....."ZOMG I don't like the update, you better change it or we are ALL gonna quit!".......right.....allow me to show you the door, there you go M8, carry your lil behind right on over to another game, one less over-dramatic whiner clogging up the game....heres a tip, a lot of players love the game, enjoy dedicating years to developing their character, and I would dare say, it would take a lot, to make us quit.

Now for the garden variety nub who has a "main" (lev 58) and a "staker" (lev 34)....who whine and flop about every little thing, threaten to quit when the latest update wasn't catered to their lev 65 pker, staker slacker...etc, we are better off without you. Go ahead and quit, people are signing up everyday, it is a constant turn over...no worries m8, I have a sinking suspicion Jagex will be just fine. They have the top 200,000 players who are dedicated, to keep them going. I could care less if they doubled, tripled or quadrupled the monthly fee, it's just pocket change afterall. Maybe they should, that will keep the riffraff out of the game...go play F2P. you can join the "why can't we get MORE for free?" protests in Lumbry.

meh

Wow. I would have expected a better response from you.

I really don't care if you never stake or pk - it doesn't matter. Anybody can see that this update is [bleep] up beyond belief. A 3k max on a stake that decreases...any way you put it, this qualifies for the worst update in RuneScape history. It serves no purpose. Does nothing but screw up a major section of the game. RWT? -.- Joke. All they have to do is droptrade or find some other way to transfer.

Sure, there are always idiots that cry "waaa...you have to take .5 of a second longer to cross the ditch when runecrafting, I'm quitting". This isn't some stupid ditch or some assist system. This isn't some minor thing that some generic kid uses to get attention in some rants forum. And yes, if this one isn't corrected, it WILL screw Jagex, because besides a few idiots that dislike pvp so much that they ignore common sense just for a chance to bash staking, you aren't going to find any supporters for this update. You will find a good chunk of the pvp sector dropping off, though.

Get your head out of your [wagon] next time, ok?

Oh I agree with you that it seems to be a blow against pures/stakers. I just can't stand the pking staking pures who build their character in under 3 months (I was a well balanced 100 combat in under 4 months, I am sure it sure doesnt take much effort to build a pure when concentrating/training on 2 stats) then run around thinking they are the combat beast pker because they can own a lev 30,40,50,60 balanced player. These are the ones who talk the most smack. I never shove my meager stats down ppls throats until they have annoyed me with their bragging.

so....take one part long day at work, with way to many idiotic meetings, mix in a dislike for pker/staker pures, add a healthy dose of ridiculous "rioting" about the new update and finish it with the usual 100 threads whining about it. That is the recipe to my barbed reply, not an excuse, just an explanation :oops: Now, everyone has the right to blow off a little steam, thats what the rants forums are for....rant away....but riot and threaten to quit? Feel free. The less people clogging up the servers the better.

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

For the peple who say "Well why don't you actually the game noobs." Maybe you skill for fun. What if they said you could only cut 5 fish per 15 mins. Or even cut 5 logs per 15 mins. You wouldnt be mad? Even if your not a staker dont you think 3k is a bit..low?

hotchickqp0.png

nadrunecraftingarmywz0.png

Oh I agree with you that it seems to be a blow against pures/stakers. I just can't stand the pking staking pures who build their character in under 3 months (I was a well balanced 100 combat in under 4 months, I am sure it sure doesnt take much effort to build a pure when concentrating/training on 2 stats) then run around thinking they are the combat beast pker because they can own a lev 30,40,50,60 balanced player. These are the ones who talk the most smack. I never shove my meager stats down ppls throats until they have annoyed me with their bragging.

so....take one part long day at work, with way to many idiotic meetings, mix in a dislike for pker/staker pures, add a healthy dose of ridiculous "rioting" about the new update and finish it with the usual 100 threads whining about it. That is the recipe to my barbed reply, not an excuse, just an explanation :oops: Now, everyone has the right to blow off a little steam, thats what the rants forums are for....rant away....but riot and threaten to quit? Feel free. The less people clogging up the servers the better.

Oh, I don't like pures either, and that's coming from a former hardcore pker. Most of them are arrogant little twirps with an arrogance that would put Alec Baldwin to shame.

Still, that doesn't play much into this update. This doesn't only affect x p00nzor3z x, it affects each and every player that has ever used the Duel Arena.

You say you don't like the ranting - sure, nobody likes meaningless rants like "oh em gee, I have to take .7 of a second longer to craft my nature runes!". This isn't one of those. This isn't some minor update that at the very best forces people to spend a marginal amount of extra time doing their favorite activity. This completely and totally destroyed an entire segment of RuneScape.

If next week Jagex were to decide that woodcutting was too much of a benefit for autoers, and made every tree in the game uncuttable, would you say that all the people that woodcut shouldn't be angry? Heck, I'd be po'd, and I never woodcut.

The only difference between that and this update is that this isn't woodcutting. This is pvp. Surely that's not enough of a difference to change anything, even if it does make str31001 angry.

this update is completely bogus

i was thinking about commin back to runescape after school was done nd that ball shizs and going back into the staking business but jagex ruined it.

im 100% that if they dont change the limit alot of ppl will b quitting and alot of ppl wont be comming back

Oh, I don't like pures either, and that's coming from a former hardcore pker. Most of them are arrogant little twirps with an arrogance that would put Alec Baldwin to shame.

Still, that doesn't play much into this update. This doesn't only affect x p00nzor3z x, it affects each and every player that has ever used the Duel Arena.

You say you don't like the ranting - sure, nobody likes meaningless rants like "oh em gee, I have to take .7 of a second longer to craft my nature runes!". This isn't one of those. This isn't some minor update that at the very best forces people to spend a marginal amount of extra time doing their favorite activity. This completely and totally destroyed an entire segment of RuneScape.

If next week Jagex were to decide that woodcutting was too much of a benefit for autoers, and made every tree in the game uncuttable, would you say that all the people that woodcut shouldn't be angry? Heck, I'd be po'd, and I never woodcut.

The only difference between that and this update is that this isn't woodcutting. This is pvp. Surely that's not enough of a difference to change anything, even if it does make str31001 angry.

Well said actually, perhaps I was a bit harsh in my quick slam of the rioting. You make a great point, and do so with style, if I do say so. I am man enough to say I might have jumped to conclusions, wouldnt be the first time my type "A" personality has made me eat my foot, probably not my last either hehe :oops:

peace

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

Im sorry...

Lol, Idiot. I dont even remember what you were replying too, but that post CLEARLY, pushed you even below his level. :thumbsup: Good job at failing.

110% agree, i don't think i'll be returning to the duel arena anytime soon.

swordfight2.png

swordfight2.png

Quest Cape - Combat 94, Done Grandmaster Quest - 27/11/08, Combat 115

Godwars: 1 Sara hilt, 1 Bandos hilt, Bandos boots, 2x Steam battlestaff, Zammy spear, 6 Shards.

Dks: 1 worrior, 1 axe

Staking is promoting gambling which is 18+.

Gambling is earning money and risking it for more or losing it.

RS staking is earning money (through hours of work) and risking it for more or losing it.

Both ways its gambling and should be taken away from the game.

Staking is promoting gambling which is 18+.

Gambling is earning money and risking it for more or losing it.

RS staking is earning money (through hours of work) and risking it for more or losing it.

Both ways its gambling and should be taken away from the game.

Gambling is bad but carving each other up with swords is just peachy?

There's a whole skill devoted to stealing things, an almost unlimited supply of beer, wine and spirits and the use of performance enhancing 'potions' is actively encouraged.

And you're worried about people gambling with runescape gp? Get your head out of your rectum mate.

siganizq4.gif

jagex will lose money

=D>

meh

Wow. I would have expected a better response from you.

I really don't care if you never stake or pk - it doesn't matter. Anybody can see that this update is [bleep] up beyond belief. A 3k max on a stake that decreases...any way you put it, this qualifies for the worst update in RuneScape history. It serves no purpose. Does nothing but screw up a major section of the game. RWT? -.- Joke. All they have to do is droptrade or find some other way to transfer.

Sure, there are always idiots that cry "waaa...you have to take .5 of a second longer to cross the ditch when runecrafting, I'm quitting". This isn't some stupid ditch or some assist system. This isn't some minor thing that some generic kid uses to get attention in some rants forum. And yes, if this one isn't corrected, it WILL screw Jagex, because besides a few idiots that dislike pvp so much that they ignore common sense just for a chance to bash staking, you aren't going to find any supporters for this update. You will find a good chunk of the pvp sector dropping off, though.

Get your head out of your [wagon] next time, ok?

Lord Krohn, You're the most pompous, pretentious, selfish idiot I've ever had the misfortune to commune with.

To you, staking might have been just another minigame, just another annoyance. But to me and tens of thousands of other players staking was a way of life.

Did it ever occur to you that not everyone likes skilling? That there might be a world beyond that rune rock or magic tree you seem to love so much? :-s

To me staking is as real a skill as any depicted on the hi-scores. Can you imagine the uproar that would ensue if they'd removed wood cutting? I mean plenty of macroers profit from this legitimate part of the game, right? What if they'd removed pking? Would you be happy to fight monsters all day?

You could have told me jagex would do this a few months ago and I would never, ever believe it. Ever...

If they can't be trusted with this vital part of the game, if they'll render the hard work, the time, and the sacrifice we put into creating these "stakers" useless, ask yourself, is runescape even worth playing?

Krohn, all I can say to you is GET A LIFE. You're 30 years old with several kids ;and you're chasing 99s in all your stats and flaming on the forums? I mean lvl 100 combat in 4 months? May be you should spend some time with your kids before their hatred for you reaches level 10 :P

^^ Hey mate;

That discussion is over, we've already discussed it, and I think we both came to a very mature conclusion over it. It's history now, so I think we'd both be happy if you'd just let it rest. You might want to read a bit further into the thread.

the old method of staking is now DESTROYED by the 3k thing... no more staking 10m+ at a time... gj jagex, destroy 1 of the best things in the game :boohoo:

What like they destroyed Dk Luring (sorry I lost respect for you with your rant about that.) OT: Yes They did ruin it. Hope the change it. Thats all to say.

=D>

Shots-Sig.jpg