staking DESTROYED

l0l0lpur3

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, i do agree with that. I can understand a limit to staking, say a couple 100k or so, but 3k is insanely low for a "high stakes duel" The problem I have is that I may want to participate in a high stakes duel, but not have an hour or two to stay on continuously to participate in the 64 player tourney.

the old method of staking is now DESTROYED by the 3k thing... no more staking 10m+ at a time... gj jagex, destroy 1 of the best things in the game :boohoo:

What like they destroyed Dk Luring (sorry I lost respect for you with your rant about that.) OT: Yes They did ruin it. Hope the change it. Thats all to say.

Costantino.png

I belive they put no caps on the items staked right?

So have any of the stakers thought about how this just means they need to start staking really expensive items (im talking about things like dragon full, 3rd age, halloween masks, santas, and phats. Anything worth enough that staking one is enough).

It's a bit more effort, and you have to be rich to begin with to get the items, but that just raises the stakes, brings the game up to the next level. Now losing could cost you upwards of 55mil in one go (for 3rd age items)

According to them, if you want to get high stakes, participate in tournaments? I'm willing to accept that this isn't a good enough substitute as long as someone can provide a valid reason but until then, I will criticize the mob for not looking for solutions enough.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I wouldn't mind if the staking level was about 2mil, but 3k is really low. But it looks like Jagex wants "B357 5TAk3r" and "0 0 0 0 0 00 0 0 " to try out the tournament. On the other hand, it prevents most item scams. Like many people here, I blame the scammers for this.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

going to say what i've said in every other thread concerning the update...

the ones that DID RWT or scam through the arena, whether it be few or many, are the ones that caused the change, and they showed jagex that the community as a whole could not help but abuse the duel arena. if anything, blame the cheaters for it.

I'm sure that Jagex will raise the staking cap in the near future, they just need to find a way to prevent RWT through the duel arena in the meantime.

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

Wow. This is like in 4th grade when one person is goofing off and the whole class gets in trouble. C'mon Jagex. 3k? I can find 3k on the ground in Varrok why would I waste the time staking? This is hardly the solution.

EDIT: Rofl. RSOF is EXPLODING! bahahha "WDF JADEXZ!1!!1!!"

hotchickqp0.png

nadrunecraftingarmywz0.png

Maybe Jagex wants people to start skilling and get the full benefits of the game.

They do not only care about themselves and money, they also care about the people being smart consumers, well the word for smart starts with an c but I forgot :S...

it's because, they don't want the people to just constantly use money to be a pking pure.. they want them to be able to use that session of paid membership to do as much as most of what they can do.

And "cheap and fast" money making, like luring ( against rules), pking, staking, and those other stuff aren't really exactly the point of exploring all the benefits.. so I guess that's 1 reason?

You are not alone, Our Father, God will always be with you.

I... I'm speechless. I didn't think Jagex had the capacity to be this dumb. I guess I was wrong. They say they put the 3k cap to eliminate RWTers? Bah! I'm so sick of their overzealous attempts to stop rulebreakers that leaves massive destruction in its wake. Their aim was to destroy a tool for rulebreakers, and what did they do? They taped it to a suitcase nuke. Good thinking.

This did mess up staking. Pures now have no chance, at all, zilch. Most people have this irrational idea that all pures are pc freaks who have got their stats in one week or something. That just simply isn't true. There are many talanted pures whose stats aren't suited to modern pking that were made to be stakers. To be a successful staker took a lot of skill.

On a positive note, it will cut down on real life trading, but this is going to cost Jagex SO much money. If they really think the stakers will put their efforts into skilling or this new tournament stuff then they really haven't done their research.

Hey.

going to say what i've said in every other thread concerning the update...

the ones that DID RWT or scam through the arena, whether it be few or many, are the ones that caused the change, and they showed jagex that the community as a whole could not help but abuse the duel arena. if anything, blame the cheaters for it.

It won't affect them so much, I bet they could just drop trade with the person -.-

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Staked Duels

Much like friendly duels, you will be presented with an interface with the fighting options. In addition, you will have a box detailing what you and your opponent are staking.

*Image here*

Here, you can also see the value of the items that you will win if you are victorious in the duel. Note that there is a limit of 3,000 coins' worth of wealth that you can win/lose in a fifteen minute period. If you have already won/lost items or money in this time, you will only be able to win/stake a reduced amount. The amount you can win/stake is recalculated every minute to add 200 coins to the total, up to the maximum of 3,000 coins. Your opponent's previous winnings/losses may reduce the amount you can stake against each other.

From what I seen, there's a large majority who staked fairly- they placed equal bets, so now they stake with just 1m max???This update is such a joke. C'mon they can figure out what an unequal stake is, someone staking phat vs nothing or 1 gp :wall: :wall: .From that they can immediately detect a branch for crying out loud. Last but not least, this is a mockery on stakers.

Edit: Stakers however can still stake rares it seems.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

What ever you do, stay away from the RSOF. I daren't look at the Rants forum. :-#

This was a terrible move on Jagex's part. The Tournaments were supposed to be an alternative to single dueling. We all thought it would be brilliant if we could use both, and would then be a massive profit for stakers everywhere. Why did they destroy half of the duel arena, just to prevent RWT? I would have thought they would have invented something more complex which hardly inhibits stakers and severely limits RWTers.

I'm not a staker (My stats are proof), but they were a legitimate group of players. They didn't deserve this.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

They do take actual prices instead of shop prices in the duel arena, but refuse to use them in the wilderness?

Strange people they are :-s .

+1.

If they're going to be little jerks and use player market prices to block out rares stakes, how's about we keep the rares when we die based on these prices? -.-

They didn't have to set the cap. They could force stakes to be equal or almost equal (let's say max 10% difference). Honest stakers want their stakes to be fair, don't they? Only noobs, insane or *very brave* players OR real world item traders agree to '2m to nothing' stake.

If someone wanted to real world item trade, they could just take someone to their house, put their private chat on friends and drop the money for them. That would be even harder to track than losing a duel to someone.

How does this update stop real world trading exactly? :?

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

Yeah, Jagex has really done it this time, pissed off a lot of members with this one. Destroying staking is probably their worst mistake in history at this point imo. Some people only get members to stake, and for others staking is their only income, and hell it's fun too. But a 3k cap for 15 minutes? Nice, [bleep]ing destroyed the duel arena. I'm already on the verge of quitting, the GE is the only thing keeping me here at this point.

Good job Jagex. A real epic failure this time. =D>

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.