staking DESTROYED

l0l0lpur3

why are you all complaining? SO WHAT there is a cap on GP... there is no cap on items

if you want a big stake , go and buy items ...people already stake whips and furys and discontinued items , its not that big of a deal... now you will see more stakes for rune items , or other well known priced items...

its doesnt really effect anything , you just have to WORK A LITTLE around the new update , stop being so lazy.... :notalk:

bucksig2lt0.png

1103'rd to 99 crafting

830th to 99 herblore

~!~ Master Merchant ~!~

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I rarely, if ever, duel and let alone gamble my wealth this does look like a very stupid move on Jagex's part. Instead of a 3k per 15 minute limit why didn't they set it so the staked items on both parties are betting items of identical or nearly identical value such as a 5-10% difference?

First the random events, then the essence splitting, the shop update and now this? Jagex, please... :-s

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I never stake. So this really doesn't affect me much at all.

But though I don't personally care, I feel for all those who have trained hard for their stakers. Who find it the most fun in Runescape. I believe these people deserve to have their staking methods the same.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Maybe Jagex wants people to start skilling and get the full benefits of the game.

They do not only care about themselves and money, they also care about the people being smart consumers, well the word for smart starts with an c but I forgot :S...

it's because, they don't want the people to just constantly use money to be a pking pure.. they want them to be able to use that session of paid membership to do as much as most of what they can do.

And "cheap and fast" money making, like luring ( against rules), pking, staking, and those other stuff aren't really exactly the point of exploring all the benefits.. so I guess that's 1 reason?

i completely agree, runescapes more about skilling and combat rather than getting 100m a day from fights.

skilling > staking

outkast+r0se.png

me > samurai lux ;-) :ohnoes:

\:D/

10/10, and yes I would agree with that statement he is way to pompous.

why are you all complaining? SO WHAT there is a cap on GP... there is no cap on items

if you want a big stake , go and buy items ...people already stake whips and furys and discontinued items , its not that big of a deal... now you will see more stakes for rune items , or other well known priced items...

its doesnt really effect anything , you just have to WORK A LITTLE around the new update , stop being so lazy.... :notalk:

And I'm sure you could stop being lazy and test out the update before accusing us of being lazy.

points to quote in my sig

I can rest assured knowing that you don't stake, or even read the update..3k per 15 minutes?

I could probably make more by firemaking now... :roll:

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Although I normally dislike most rants here because they're merely whines, I sympathise 100% with this one, even if I'm not a staker. Some people have dedicated a lot of time to build up a good account for staking, and now they're useless. I'd have agreed if the limit was 1m, or even 250k, but 3k each 15 minutes is just an overkill. Obviously Jagex wants people to stop using single duels as a means to get money, bu i think they might have gone too far in name of killing bots and RWT.

The worst part about this is that there is no way to fix the problem so that both parties (stakers and Jagex) are content, so I don't see the update being reversed any time soon. At most, the limit will be somewhat higher, but not much.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Jagex needs to watch out.... They are making a LOT of people mad.

Furthermore, 3k.... I could see 3k on the ground and walk right past it without a second thought.... -.-

Edit: Jagex is turning this into their own personal witch hunt. Sure I hate bots as much as every other Runescaper does, but I don't want to be punished to stop them.

signature.png

They didn't have to set the cap. They could force stakes to be equal or almost equal (let's say max 10% difference). Honest stakers want their stakes to be fair, don't they? Only noobs, insane or *very brave* players OR real world item traders agree to '2m to nothing' stake.

that is a very good point and a inteligent idea, if only jagex had the brains of you, pitty they cant think of anything like that for themselves to they have to ruin one of the most profitable and enjoyable things in the game. i wish jagex had thought this through i mean they've basicly killed loads of peoples hard work training up a staker for the old staking rules,

one bad point about the idea you had, you already adressed it but, somtimes it is nice to have a 100k-0gp stake, makes it quite exiting.

znn02a.jpg

ubd6755ku8.png

Just like everyone else I agree, 3k is nothing.

Even thought I personly dislike stakers, I agree that this is rediculess. Mabey 100k / 15mins would be more like it.

And for those who say to join the tournament system, its 90% luck in there. A lvl 90 combat can get paired with lvl 110+ players and if you're neerly out of food and you happen to be paired with someone who has plently your dead even if you're better than them by quite a bit. Are stakers realy going to risk up to 1m on those odds?

But, is jagex going to change this back? Probably not unless they loze a hell of a lot of money. So if you're a staker you're out of luck

,,..-~`ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï\ Happy Mining /ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï`~-..,,

|______.\goldhawk co/.______|

omg jerdex i jus made my ub3r c0ol staker to he cud totaly pwn but now i no can stake da big bucks, ahh I love reading the RSOF rants

I never staked a whole lot before but it kinda blows that lots of people just lost their main source of income, I'm betting jagex will change in back in a week or two, this is kind of obsurd

clansig7.gif

im looking forward to trying out the tournaments, but seriously, a max of 3k winnings in 15 minutes for one-on-one duels? how pitiful is that?

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

Jagex might be in trouble, most stakers will soon cancel membership, and some mains might too. Imagine what a huge blow that would be

jagex will lose money

=D>

These are the type of responses to the vast majority of Jagex's updates that always amuse me....."ZOMG I don't like the update, you better change it or we are ALL gonna quit!".......right.....allow me to show you the door, there you go M8, carry your lil behind right on over to another game, one less over-dramatic whiner clogging up the game....heres a tip, a lot of players love the game, enjoy dedicating years to developing their character, and I would dare say, it would take a lot, to make us quit.

Now for the garden variety nub who has a "main" (lev 58) and a "staker" (lev 34)....who whine and flop about every little thing, threaten to quit when the latest update wasn't catered to their lev 65 pker, staker slacker...etc, we are better off without you. Go ahead and quit, people are signing up everyday, it is a constant turn over...no worries m8, I have a sinking suspicion Jagex will be just fine. They have the top 200,000 players who are dedicated, to keep them going. I could care less if they doubled, tripled or quadrupled the monthly fee, it's just pocket change afterall. Maybe they should, that will keep the riffraff out of the game...go play F2P. you can join the "why can't we get MORE for free?" protests in Lumbry.

meh

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

Jagex might be in trouble, most stakers will soon cancel membership, and some mains might too. Imagine what a huge blow that would be

jagex will lose money

=D>

These are the type of responses to the vast majority of Jagex's updates that always amuse me....."ZOMG I don't like the update, you better change it or we are ALL gonna quit!".......right.....allow me to show you the door, there you go M8, carry your lil behind right on over to another game, one less over-dramatic whiner clogging up the game....heres a tip, a lot of players love the game, enjoy dedicating years to developing their character, and I would dare say, it would take a lot, to make us quit.

Now for the garden variety nub who has a "main" (lev 58) and a "staker" (lev 34)....who whine and flop about every little thing, threaten to quit when the latest update wasn't catered to their lev 65 pker, staker slacker...etc, we are better off without you. Go ahead and quit, people are signing up everyday, it is a constant turn over...no worries m8, I have a sinking suspicion Jagex will be just fine. They have the top 200,000 players who are dedicated, to keep them going. I could care less if they doubled, tripled or quadrupled the monthly fee, it's just pocket change afterall. Maybe they should, that will keep the riffraff out of the game...go play F2P. you can join the "why can't we get MORE for free?" protests in Lumbry.

meh

Wow. I would have expected a better response from you.

I really don't care if you never stake or pk - it doesn't matter. Anybody can see that this update is [bleep]ed up beyond belief. A 3k max on a stake that decreases...any way you put it, this qualifies for the worst update in RuneScape history. It serves no purpose. Does nothing but screw up a major section of the game. RWT? -.- Joke. All they have to do is droptrade or find some other way to transfer.

Sure, there are always idiots that cry "waaa...you have to take .5 of a second longer to cross the ditch when runecrafting, I'm quitting". This isn't some stupid ditch or some assist system. This isn't some minor thing that some generic kid uses to get attention in some rants forum. And yes, if this one isn't corrected, it WILL screw Jagex, because besides a few idiots that dislike pvp so much that they ignore common sense just for a chance to bash staking, you aren't going to find any supporters for this update. You will find a good chunk of the pvp sector dropping off, though.

Get your head out of your [wagon] next time, ok?

some people get beat with the ugly stick.

Jagex got hit with the stupidity branch.

to quote Carlos Mencia: Dee Dee Dee

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Somebody call the Wahmbulance! Oh no!!! Staking is destroyed oh no oh no! Guess I need to actually have fun with the game by questing, skilling, and training!!! Oh dear Saradomin what to do?! You know, the other way you can make money is by doing a tournament with a few stakers, that works too you know? Or you can use rares (Not sure if that works because of market value and if Jagex implemented something for that). You know, you could also make lots of money using skills, and not just attacking people in the duel arena. I've rarely gone to the Duel Arena. If I do, it's for fun, or low stakes anyway.

Your rant fails. No major description of why, and fix your spelling and grammar, so then my brain doesn't die because of your horrid English.

Oh, and would you like some more cheese with your whine?

-Wolfy

Edit: Okay, I have to agree with 3k being a bit TOO LITTLE. It should atleast be a max of 100-500k.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D