Well...I'm done

gdawg1512

Its amazing isn't it. When I first heard of the new grand exchange system, I thought "Wow, Runescape is really moving up". Little did I know how wrong I was. On November 20th, Jagex placed a 3k cap on all stakes and created a new "Tournament Mode" where up to 64 players can compete for up to 64 million gp. Nothing wrong with this right?

Wait...What? :-s

A 3k stake limit?

You can't be serious?

I mean, think about it, staking was a way of life and a legitimate way of making money for thousands of players (the rants section was at 3390 pages at the time of this post). If you think this update won't effect you because you never staked well, you're dead wrong. The effects the recent updates and this update especially will have on the economy are immeasurable. Even f2p is going to be feeling this one :?

Thousands have/ will quit because of this update but you know what? The game will keep on going. Those who quit, those who's way of life was destroyed by this update will be replaced by newer, less experienced players who are happy to play the game the older players thought of as damaged goods. The only people who will remember the good old days will be those nostalgic, rich players who can't seem to deal with the immaturity of the newer generation. When those players are repulsed by the newest update, yet another generation will replace them.

The only thing left for us stakers to do is to respectfully resign. Rather than implement some creative monitoring, jagex has decided to slight the needs of all types of stakers in an very, very short sighted way.

RIP staking

11/20/07

And I love it how Jagex rushed to reveal that Summoning was coming, just to put the Duel update in the shade. I bet they were not planning on revealing it, not yet...

I tell ya, they hafta make Summoning extremely l33t if they plan on winning back the love of their gamers.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

And I love it how Jagex rushed to reveal that Summoning was coming, just to put the Duel update in the shade. I bet they were not planning on revealing it, not yet...

Just a cheap marketing trick. Too late, it didn't work for me. Just payed all the money I won't be giving Jagex to Blizzard. Gnome mage ftw. :thumbsup:

Just a cheap marketing trick. Too late, it didn't work for me. Just payed all the money I won't be giving Jagex to Blizzard. Gnome mage ftw. :thumbsup:

Psst, don't tell anyone, but I play both games :-#

94611334344444reedit.PNG

http://www.metrobloggen.se/dario <-- My RS free blog! :) 2,000+ unique pageveiws / day! Take a peek!

Thousands have/ will quit because of this update but you know what? The game will keep on going. Those who quit, those who's way of life was destroyed by this update will be replaced by newer, less experienced players who are happy to play the game the older players thought of as damaged goods. The only people who will remember the good old days will be those nostalgic, rich players who can't seem to deal with the immaturity of the newer generation. When those players are repulsed by the newest update, yet another generation will replace them.

Heh, I never thought of this, but it's true.

Example: A lot of people quit because of how much the game has changed since RSC, but it's not as bad for me because I didn't start playing until the release of RS2.

It seems that there will always be new players joining after a controversial update that can't compare it to anything before. :ohnoes:

It's a real shame you can't find some other way to have fun in this vast game. See ya later, don't let the door hit your rear on the way out.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Yea... basically. :( Time will pass.

It's a real shame you can't find some other way to have fun in this vast game. See ya later, don't let the door hit your rear on the way out.

Yeah, dueling is just a mini game in a game, a frame story if you will. If your quiting because of this update to the minigame, then you don't actually appreciate RuneScape all that much. :shock:

Sir_Sibz.png

Sir_Sibz.png

45f0d8e6a6.png

BlogSignature-March11.png

Oh whell, now instead of staking 3 mil, you' ll only be able to stake 3k. That' s a harsh blow to people with 126 combat levels. Whell, now that that' s gone, JAGeX probably wants players to stay and try out the new skill. But, since they have no clue about what players want, they' ll just keep loosing players.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

And I love how people make assumptions based on circumstantial evidence alone :roll:

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

sigh

how many of these threads can we have? Pick one of the three hundred others about same topic and feel free to reply....IMHO :P

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

sigh

how many of these threads can we have? Pick one of the three hundred others about same topic and feel free to reply....IMHO :P

There should be a 'Im quitting' sticky. :roll:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

nooo -.- BE priest ftw noob lawl! cross realm Bg = i'm coming for u imo <3:<3:

emofury1.gif <--- free rs guides by me lawl

Rip emofury 11/20/07

newbankofrsyq0.gif

nooo -.- BE priest ftw noob lawl! cross realm Bg = i'm coming for u imo <3:<3:

Actually, I did consider rolling a dwarf priest, but I remembered I hate support and shadow priest ain't my thing. Besides, I love dps machines. \'