Gielinor Tribune: 13th Edition (Nov. 24th)

unorclan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creating a game auction house, why didn't they come up with that earlier?

Because it wasn't possible on the engine at the time?

PvP ranking system, it should've been implemented the day JaGeX made the Duel Arena!

It's a tournament ranking system. If you hadn't noticed, Jagex just released the tournament system. Would be pretty pointless to release the ranking system years before the actual update

Wolpertinker, can't they find a new name?

That's because it's a real (mythical) creature. World of Warcraft was just the first notable game to use it

Great article, except for the bit about Runescape copying WoW. Would've also helped if the writer did minimal research apart from probably visiting a wow forum.

-It's not spelled worpletinker

-an evil identical to bob? That sounds a lot like, you know, evil bob. That's a completely different npc, and worpletingers aren't even in the game.

-Hold on....You mean to tell me that you can view your rank....displayed as NUMBERS? Clearly if Jagex is putting your rank next to your score, using a method that's been used since 1980's arcade games, they're copying Wow.

-The concept of an auction house is thousands of years old, and Wow is hardly the first game to use it.

Failing bashing attempt towards Jagex.

The game engine hasn't been updated in almost two years, so they have had the engine capable of it all that time.

It also wasn't an attempt to bash Jagex at all. It was merely comparing recent changes and updates in Runescape and attempting to answer the question that seems to be going around more and more often.

One last note. I like all the debates. Good to see some solid counterpoints being put up. I would also like to say that the views of our authors are not necessarily the views of the Tribune.

The game engine hasn't been updated in almost two years, so they have had the engine capable of it all that time.

Incorrect. The game engine was updated last year around September, this was around the same time that the skill interface was changed and that area sounds were added. Around that time, hunting was going to be released, construction had been released, they were in the middle of the "project" of creating a german version of the game. I'd say they had a lot on their hands ::'

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Found evidences of mechscape :

Thomas Woode's has been hired by Jagex and he shares with us this information:

"I have more recently moved to the role of Lead concepter for a exciting new MMORPG title currently in development ... Producing designs and plans for all in game vehicles (a few hundred").

There was also some art concept dont know if this belongs here but i gotted too put it somewere

Serafim , follower of Zaros and Destroyer of Tea

Look left ---------------------->>> I said left, not right! If you fell for this, add this to your signature. lovers

Incorrect. The game engine was updated last year around September, this was around the same time that the skill interface was changed and that area sounds were added. Around that time, hunting was going to be released, construction had been released, they were in the middle of the "project" of creating a german version of the game. I'd say they had a lot on their hands ::'

They've also been busy updating all the areas and characters graphically, so this would obviously extend their time frame.

pouserbarkp4.png

Project Onyx Staff Writer. Stories, articles, and opinions, oh my!

OWNED! I'm sick of people complaining about how the GE will destroy merchanting and the economy! We should wait for it to come out before we go crazy! It's not the second coming for gods sake.

pardon me for expressing my opinion... next time i'll be sure to stay passive...

OWNED! I'm sick of people complaining about how the GE will destroy merchanting and the economy! We should wait for it to come out before we go crazy! It's not the second coming for gods sake.

pardon me for expressing my opinion... next time i'll be sure to stay passive...

Lol, you do whatever you want to Moneyman. Everyones entitled to their own opinion *cough*andsomeshouldn'tbesaid*cough*

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

In my opinion, everything except the interview was crap. I cant wait for the next one! :D

And in my opinion, your opinion is dumb :anxious: :roll:

That article that everyone complained about...no comment. Im a skiller not a merchant so I naturaly have a different outlook, specificly I did a dance when I first herd about it. Course now im worried that Jagex's new policies might make them do something stupid that results in a mass quitting, but surely they realise that and wont try any funny buissness. If they do, well Websters will have to publish a new edition to add all the new curse words that will be invented. I'm glad people enjoy the paper, and im also happy that we don't seem to be afraid of controversy, though that was bordering on stupidity. ANywho whats done is done and the best any of us can do is learn from our mistakes while we try to avoid making new ones (as in new mistakes).

They've also been busy updating all the areas and characters graphically, so this would obviously extend their time frame.

That point also goes both ways. You could say why they didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t do a massive update such as the GE right away after the engine upgrade [correction over a year ago] or at least have planned to come out in the near future because of hunter and other updates. Right now however Jagex seems even busier with all the usual graphics and quest updates, plus a new skill which is shaping to be the most worked on skill to date plus they are expanding with a whole new game coming out. Seems if anything they have less time now then they did after the updated engine came out.

That point also goes both ways. You could say why they didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t do a massive update such as the GE right away after the engine upgrade [correction over a year ago] or at least have planned to come out in the near future because of hunter and other updates. Right now however Jagex seems even busier with all the usual graphics and quest updates, plus a new skill which is shaping to be the most worked on skill to date plus they are expanding with a whole new game coming out. Seems if anything they have less time now then they did after the updated engine came out.

At the same time however, they've been expanding their staff.

pouserbarkp4.png

Project Onyx Staff Writer. Stories, articles, and opinions, oh my!

I'm sorry, but according to Jagex's NPC, Burgsen, the prices WILL fluctuate based on how high or low people are buying. So the article is pretty off...

Lol, I'm gonna start making sure these authors and info is legit before I start posting 'em. :-k

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

I'm sorry, but according to Jagex's NPC, Burgsen, the prices WILL fluctuate based on how high or low people are buying. So the article is pretty off...

Lol, I'm gonna start making sure these authors and info is legit before I start posting 'em. :-k

Hehe, probably lol, and you asked where our article went? :P *cough*thenagain,weactuallyunderstandhowthegeworks*/cough*

tipitsig.png

Hehe, probably lol, and you asked where our article went? :P *cough*thenagain,weactuallyunderstandhowthegeworks*/cough*

there ya go, i resized it for ya.

there ya go, i resized it for ya.

ah, ty dkw... skill, i think both papers understand how it works, tyvm. no need to make such...ahhh...uninsightful comments...