unorclan

Gielinor Tribune: 13th Edition (Nov. 24th)

TGTsupsig.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 24th, 2007

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Gielinor Tribune is the oldest Player-made Runescape Newspaper on Tip.it (Tip.it Times does not count). We've been working hard since May 2007 (the first opening) to make the best RS Newspaper out there and to always keep our reader's expectations.

1. Gielinor Tribune News by Book(GT Manager)

2. A Quest...and a Scarey Outlook by Randox

3. Interview of Kill_life by Killerred005

4. RS Becoming like Wow? by Defender17

5. This Doesn't Look like England... by Azure

6. Comic Contest Winner!! by Dkw0101

7. ~~Multi-Site Steel War~~

8. Blah! by Moneyman6369

9. Imponderables by Da_Dragon555

10. The Drunken Dwarf's Tip.iter Pick! by Yours Truly

11. Gielinor Tribune Accepting Guest Articles

12. Gielinor Tribune Staff List

~ Part One: Gielinor Tribune News by Book

Happy Late Thanksgiving and Some Great GT News!

Firstly, I would like to say-

Happy Belated Thanksgiving Day!! I had a great one on Thursday, plenty of turkey to go 'round!

Now let's get to the GT news!

CAP [Clan Assistance Program]: This is well on it's way and hopefully will be able to be released in the 14th or 15th edition!

MechScape Times: I, GT Manager, have recently created a "sister newspaper" to the Gielinor Tribune for the upcoming game MechScape! (More info about MechScape can be found here).

It's slowly but surely building its way up, but I can't gurantee any editions coming out without some of YOUR help! Just visit the MechScape Times forums or check out the Gielinor Tribune forums that provide a link at the bottom of the Homepage!

We're really excited about MST and CAP and by creating these projects we hope to better serve you and the rest of the Runescape community!

- Book(Unorclan)

Gielinor Tribune Manager

~ Part Two: A Quest...and a Scarey Outlook by Randox

Well, since I have some rather grim things to talk about this edition, I will start off with what is hopefully a happy subject, the Land of the Goblins.

First, I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know if there are plans to continue the story, perhaps it will tie in with other quest lines or maybe not. Either way it never really resolved the story, but I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t think weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll see a continuation of it anytime soon. I know many people were upset that more popular stories were not receiving attention first but Jagex defiantly put lots of effort into the quest. The prime example of their effort is the selection of 6 different goblin forms. They could have easily just had one goblin form, but they took the extra time to give us a bit of choice.

The puzzles were also nicely thought out, though a bit easy to go along with the low quest requirements. I know I was satisfied though I was hoping for a more conclusive ending.

Next up is the update that turned the rants forum on the official site into a river of flame unlike anything ever seen since the games conception. This was of course the dual arena. Now aside from the large amount of bugs in the tournaments, all stakes are limited to 3k per 15 minutes. Also, the items have been limited so staking via valuable items such as 3rd age is not an option. The problem is that the stakes cannot compete in competitions because the skill levels that make them great stakers, makes them completely useless in other roles. Now this shouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t be a problem seeing as tournaments are still the arena, but the random selection of battle criteria makes them useless. A standard melee staker canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t hope to win if the tournaments continuously have at least 1 battle where melee weapons or melee attacks canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t be used. It is still a mystery of how Jagex could possibly think that people might be ok with this. There are other more risky ways for real world traders to transfer items so Jagex has, at the end of the day, accomplished next to nothing in the war against real world traders, and at the same time make a sizable portion of their members furious.

Now there is one last thing I would like to cover. Starting with staking, followed by the assist system, duel arena cap and soon to be grand exchange, one might notice a disturbing pattern. With all those systems in place, trading will no longer be strictly necessary for the average player. People are getting worried that Jagex will abolish trading next week, though this is unlikely because as much as 50% of members would likely cancel their subscription renewal on the spot. What might happen is a cap or ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åcheck and balanceÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

While the wolpertinger was in WoW, just because RuneScape may implement it doesn't mean it's mimicking WoW, in my opinion. It's a mythical creature. It's like saying if RuneScape uses dragons, then its copying some other game.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

While the wolpertinger was in WoW, just because RuneScape may implement it doesn't mean it's mimicking WoW, in my opinion. It's a mythical creature. It's like saying if RuneScape uses dragons, then its copying some other game.

I PMed you.

Glad you guys are enjoying the edition.

Oh, and JordanGM, did you take a look at the Dwarf's Tip.iter pick this edition? :thumbsup:

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

I PMed you.

Glad you guys are enjoying the edition.

Oh, and JordanGM, did you take a look at the Dwarf's Tip.iter pick this edition? :thumbsup:

Wow, completely missed it, but... WOOT! :D YIPEEE!

jordangmsunset.jpg

LOL

But another good edition, if I do say so myself. Mostly because I wrote the creative writing piece.... Shoot now I've gotta get started on the second part! :wall:

I know something about nothing, which is far better than knowing nothing about something.

Great edition as always. <3:

I couldn't wait until it was to be released really.

j0xPu5R.png

Creating a game auction house, why didn't they come up with that earlier?

Because it wasn't possible on the engine at the time?

PvP ranking system, it should've been implemented the day JaGeX made the Duel Arena!

It's a tournament ranking system. If you hadn't noticed, Jagex just released the tournament system. Would be pretty pointless to release the ranking system years before the actual update

Wolpertinker, can't they find a new name?

That's because it's a real (mythical) creature. World of Warcraft was just the first notable game to use it

Great article, except for the bit about Runescape copying WoW. Would've also helped if the writer did minimal research apart from probably visiting a wow forum.

-It's not spelled worpletinker

-an evil identical to bob? That sounds a lot like, you know, evil bob. That's a completely different npc, and worpletingers aren't even in the game.

-Hold on....You mean to tell me that you can view your rank....displayed as NUMBERS? Clearly if Jagex is putting your rank next to your score, using a method that's been used since 1980's arcade games, they're copying Wow.

-The concept of an auction house is thousands of years old, and Wow is hardly the first game to use it.

Failing bashing attempt towards Jagex.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I guess I'll go ahead and demonstrate how the article by moneyman6369 is completely wrong

no more tiring selling >> prices drop everywhere due to everyone being able to buy at the cheapest price easily

Incorrect conclusion. Originally, skillers were selling goods slightly under the average price because it was not worth it for them to spend hours sitting on forums. With the GE, they no longer have to spend that time selling therefore they will be able to charge higher prices. The GE also makes it easier for buyers who originally had to buy slightly overpriced if they wanted to get the item they want.

What the author presents here is a one-sided conclusion. Yes, it's easier to buy goods at a cheaper price, however it is also easier to sell goods at a higher price. Everyone wins, except the merchants, who were the ones originally facilitating the exchange (but they will NOT be completely destroyed, players who need the cash quickly will not charge so high and merchants can take advantage of that situation).

The only exception is the first few weeks, where I think there will be a lot more sellers. This is because people, right now, are holding off on selling goods because they are curious to see what the GE is like but in the long run, prices will be stable and, in fact, a lot more stable than they use to be.

he Grand Exchange will bring the downfall of RunescapeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s economy. Prices will crash everywhere, so IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d advise you to cut and run while you still can.

That's overly exaggerated and just overly dramatic. The prices will certainly not crash, even if they do fall a bit.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Easier for skillers to make money and gain levels (what about those poor, hardworking merchants?)

Close enough, It only facilitates the selling part but that will lead to more time spent on skills. Note the bias in favor of merchanting

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Easier for people to obtain items faster (again, think about the merchants!)

Correct, but note an even stronger bias in favor of merchanting

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ More cash in the game (wait, is that a good thing?)

This isn't even correct. From what little information we have about G E, there is nothing that suggests that more money will be an input of money into the economy.

Cons:

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Merchanting gone forever (hey, thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s whatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s going to happen.)

Speculation based on the assumption that the GE replaces ALL forms of merchanting, which is certainly not true.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Price droppings everywhere (god that will suck)

If so, that implies that cash is being removed from the economy yet you believe it will be added into the economy.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ More cash in the game (it could be bad too.)

If more cash is introduced in the game, that implies a devaluation of the currency and thus an increase in the price of all items. Again this makes no sense with your previous claim

The two above claims contradict each other, so not only the author made these claims on mere speculation, they contradict each other and so he is wrong either way.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Total disruption of economy (oh dearÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ)

This is just an exaggeration, no comments :roll:

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Price rise in rares (theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll be even harder to obtain soon!)

Oh yeah, let me explain that little rare price increase. You see, with more cash in the game, where is it going to go but to rares, since everything elseÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s value will have dropped? People will have to spend it on somethingÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâæThere it is again: the disruption of the economy. Summing this up: The Grand Exchange MUST GO DOWN and sell ALL your items.

First off, this is completely inconsistent with the previous point. If merchants really were destroyed, the price of rares would go down, not up.

Second, this is again based on the assumption that this update will put more money in the economy and the assumption the update will cause prices to fall. Considering how both those assumptions contradict each other, this claim is even more invalid.

Very poorly written, no economics used to support the claim, it just says "run away! run away! the economy is crashing!".

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I heart the Gielinor Tribune. <3:

One thing, I'm amazed by Kill_life's ability to mine Yew logs...

Lol! :XD:

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Incredible! Kill Life must be magical!

Another great issue, other than the WoW article.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

[hide=Solidus_77]

I guess I'll go ahead and demonstrate how the article by moneyman6369 is completely wrong

no more tiring selling >> prices drop everywhere due to everyone being able to buy at the cheapest price easily

Incorrect conclusion. Originally, skillers were selling goods slightly under the average price because it was not worth it for them to spend hours sitting on forums. With the GE, they no longer have to spend that time selling therefore they will be able to charge higher prices. The GE also makes it easier for buyers who originally had to buy slightly overpriced if they wanted to get the item they want.

What the author presents here is a one-sided conclusion. Yes, it's easier to buy goods at a cheaper price, however it is also easier to sell goods at a higher price. Everyone wins, except the merchants, who were the ones originally facilitating the exchange (but they will NOT be completely destroyed, players who need the cash quickly will not charge so high and merchants can take advantage of that situation).

The only exception is the first few weeks, where I think there will be a lot more sellers. This is because people, right now, are holding off on selling goods because they are curious to see what the GE is like but in the long run, prices will be stable and, in fact, a lot more stable than they use to be.

he Grand Exchange will bring the downfall of RunescapeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s economy. Prices will crash everywhere, so IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d advise you to cut and run while you still can.

That's overly exaggerated and just overly dramatic. The prices will certainly not crash, even if they do fall a bit.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Easier for skillers to make money and gain levels (what about those poor, hardworking merchants?)

Close enough, It only facilitates the selling part but that will lead to more time spent on skills. Note the bias in favor of merchanting

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Easier for people to obtain items faster (again, think about the merchants!)

This isn't even correct. From what little information we have about G E, there is nothing that suggests that more money will be an input of money into the economy.

Cons:

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Merchanting gone forever (hey, thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s whatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s going to happen.)

Speculation based on the assumption that the GE replaces ALL forms of merchanting, which is certainly not true.

If so, that implies that cash is being removed from the economy yet you believe it will be added into the economy.

If more cash is introduced in the game, that implies a devaluation of the currency and thus an increase in the price of all items. Again this makes no sense with your previous claim

The two above claims contradict each other, so not only the author made these claims on mere speculation, they contradict each other and so he is wrong either way.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Price rise in rares (theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll be even harder to obtain soon!)

Oh yeah, let me explain that little rare price increase. You see, with more cash in the game, where is it going to go but to rares, since everything elseÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s value will have dropped? People will have to spend it on somethingÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâæThere it is again: the disruption of the economy. Summing this up: The Grand Exchange MUST GO DOWN and sell ALL your items.

First off, this is completely inconsistent with the previous point. If merchants really were destroyed, the price of rares would go down, not up.

Second, this is again based on the assumption that this update will put more money in the economy and the assumption the update will cause prices to fall. Considering how both those assumptions contradict each other, this claim is even more invalid.

Very poorly written, no economics used to support the claim, it just says "run away! run away! the economy is crashing!".

[/hide]

Unfortunately, I'm completely clueless about this type of stuff, I just sit back and watch whatever happens happen.

Thank you very much for taking time to read the Gielinor Tribune and give us feedback and what you think. People like you make us better even if its in the smallest of ways. ::'

LOL :XD: , fixed. Thats just slightly embaressing....

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

[hide]

Cons:

[/hide]

thanks for the comments on my article... it's nice to get feedback. i'll be sure to incorporate some of your suggestions into my next piece. thanks again

I loved the Interview. I really enjoyed this edition, And I'm looking forward to the future ones.

<3: O'Ducky

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

I think that was a small joke. :P

j0xPu5R.png

Yeah, I thought it was too, thats why I left it in when I edited it.

"Nothing in life is permanent, not even our troubles."-Charlie Chaplin.

userbarunorbv1.png

Yeah, I thought it was too, thats why I left it in when I edited it.

yeah, uhm...packer...yeah...your fired :-w

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Cons:

OWNED! I'm sick of people complaining about how the GE will destroy merchanting and the economy! We should wait for it to come out before we go crazy! It's not the second coming for gods sake.

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

ur jking, right? hes our only editor lol

what do you think? :|

I can edit... :-w

I know something about nothing, which is far better than knowing nothing about something.