Your Future Plans?

Guest Armagedon46disabled

we'll all of us have a future, once we are completed high school and have any of you planned on what your doing? ill discuss what im doing

we'll im 17 i complete High School at the end of Janurary, my birthday is march 26th and my two brothers live in Edmonton Alberta Canada i live in Nova Scotia they are both out there having the time of their lives making 25 bucks an hour and they told me when i turn 18 if im done school i can go out with them and they can get me a position are their job so ill be making 25 bucks an hour doing a great job both of them love what they do, and i cant wait till my 18th birthday to get ready and leave :)

What are your plans for the future, university, full time job?

Heh, judging by your posts I thought you were 14 or 15. Oops.

Anyways you aren't going to go to college? Hopefully that job with your brothers will last a long, long time than :P . What, if you don't mind me asking, do they do?

For me my first order of business is to finish college. (I'm 19 right now). After that I want to find a job in the game design industry as an artist (3D modeler or something I hope) although I might have to start elsewhere first.

That's pretty much where my life is taking me right now.

Anyways you aren't going to go to college? Hopefully that job with your brothers will last a long, long time than :P . What, if you don't mind me asking, do they do?

For me my first order of business is to finish college. (I'm 19 right now). After that I want to find a job in the game design industry as an artist (3D modeler or something I hope) although I might have to start elsewhere first.

If you have a degree or equivilant in art and design JaGex will let you join as a 3D modelist. I was looking the other day.

I am only 13, but I hope to be an author.

So, first of all things is finishing SATS, then GCSE's, then A levels and getting a degree in Creative Writing.

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

I first need to finish College. (I'm English, so I finish College at 18, I'm 16 right now). Once I hopefully pass English Language, Law, ICT and Philosophy, I hope to go to University to take Law further. Then after around 4 (ish?) years, I then hope to join a Law Firm. This to be a Family Lawyer. <3:

Though assuming I don't get into University, my fall back is the Police Force. :o

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I'm finishing off two more years of high school, going to university, and I'm going to try to become an engineer.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

what my brothers do is they fix machines and put together machines that go on to the oil drills theres big demand for it, and if that dont work out for me my girlfriends dad is a recruiter for the air force i can get into that fixing helicopters but for only like 20 an hour ;\

After university I'll probably go to a college (or a specialized school) for game development & computer programming.

Then I hope to work in the game industry as a full-time developer. :)

In the meantime I'll get a job as a bartender.

I want to get into science and study Phisics and nano-technology O:)

Interesting, me too :-k .

In fact, I have a college alumnus interview tomorrow for the uni I want to go to (ED App already turned in). Scared as hell about it, but I hope it helps me get in :) .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

If you have a degree or equivalent in art and design JaGex will let you join as a 3D modelist. I was looking the other day.

So, first of all things is finishing SATS, then GCSE's, then A levels and getting a degree in Creative Writing.

A 13-year old with 2k posts and a member of TET? Interesting.Compared to some people, you look like you're about 15 or 16, if you know what I mean.

I hope to someday be a flute teacher maybe, I dunno, maybe a web designer.

C2b6gs7.png

If you have a degree or equivalent in art and design JaGex will let you join as a 3D modelist. I was looking the other day.

A 13-year old with 2k posts and a member of TET? Interesting.Compared to some people, you look like you're about 15 or 16, if you know what I mean.

I hope to someday be a flute teacher maybe, I dunno, maybe a web designer.

Erm, thanks? :?

Not sure what to think about this post. :?

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

My plans at the moment are finishing the Abitur and studying Physics, but I have no plans about getting a job at the moment.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Become the one to finally put an end to all those 'world peace' believers.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

If you have a degree or equivilant in art and design JaGex will let you join as a 3D modelist. I was looking the other day.

Oh god, working on Runescape's 3D art would be hell. No artist should be put through that kind of torture. :cry:

Oh god, working on Runescape's 3D art would be hell. No artist should be put through that kind of torture. :cry:

Haha that's what I was thinking mate.

We seriously do need to get together sometime once we're in the industry, hah. :P

Become the one to finally put an end to all those 'world peace' believers.

Lame.

I'm not really quite sure. I have/will take general classes in 9th, 10th, and 11th grade. Not sure about what I really want to do. I'm keeping my options open. 8-)

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Yep, Jagex looks interesting to me.

For me, I'll have to see... College, obviously. And then... I'm going to be an evil dictator

Haha that's what I was thinking mate.

We seriously do need to get together sometime once we're in the industry, hah. :P

Can't be too bad. Probably isn't too hard, as creating 500 polygon models isn't the most complicated thing in the world.

Besides, didn't Jagex win 59th place for Time's Best Company to Work For Awards?

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Can't be too bad. Probably isn't too hard, as creating 500 polygon models isn't the most complicated thing in the world.

Besides, didn't Jagex win 59th place for Time's Best Company to Work For Awards?

Its not the fact that it's hard, it's the fact that what you're creating is laughable at best. I'm sorry but I didn't go to college to make little 500 polygon models. :lol:

And anyways there's no fun in that, you can't really be that creative with a java app.

No, it's not hard at all. That's the point.

I've seen 3D modeling classes for 10 year olds that do more impressive work than what JaGex is pulling out. Not only is polycount unbelievably low, but there seems to be a huge lack of skinning/texturing.

Since they are so "easy" to create, you end up making a lot of them. Every day. All day. Thousands of simple, basic, no-skill-needed models. :wall:

And anyways there's no fun in that, you can't really be that creative with a java app.

I beg to differ. :) Check out Slick or JMonkeyEngine (both free libraries).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xlh_S7uUziU&feature=related