Your Future Plans?

Guest Armagedon46disabled

Guest Armagedon46disabled

Seems like a lots of good plans for the future im glad i have a plan and a back up plan its always good :), but currently now im in high school lol i work 25 hours a week for $9.50 an hour lol im a cook at a resturaunt. :)

Can't be too bad. Probably isn't too hard, as creating 500 polygon models isn't the most complicated thing in the world.

No, it's not hard at all. That's the point.

I've seen 3D modeling classes for 10 year olds that do more impressive work than what JaGex is pulling out. Not only is polycount unbelievably low, but there seems to be a huge lack of skinning/texturing.

Since they are so "easy" to create, you end up making a lot of them. Every day. All day. Thousands of simple, basic, no-skill-needed models. :wall:

And anyways there's no fun in that, you can't really be that creative with a java app.

I beg to differ. :) Check out Slick or JMonkeyEngine (both free libraries).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xlh_S7uUziU&feature=related

Cool links, I stand corrected. :P

But still yeah, I'd like to do something that took more skill. :P

Become a screen writer/director. (and possibly be in another strike twenty years from now :XD: )

If that fails, I would like to become a History teacher.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Working on retirement or at least very wealthy before the age of 30.

I have a jewellery business that I get percentages of etc and in 9 years time working off the percentages of the people I've employed and their sales, I should earn up to 10+ grand a month without getting out of bed in the morning (if it all goes to plan).

I graduated in the top 15% of the state for behavioural science but my heart just isn't in it anymore. I felt like I wasn't doing it for me.

The one thing that truly makes me happy is expressing me creatively, so I'm thinking of taking up photography.

Wow what a 360 :shock:

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

The one thing that truly makes me happy is expressing me creatively, so I'm thinking of taking up photography.

Wow what a 360 :shock:

Don't you already make tie dyes in your free time? :P

In amongst saving the rain forest and using natural herbs to heal the body :wink:

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Heh, judging by your posts I thought you were 14 or 15. Oops.

Anyways you aren't going to go to college? Hopefully that job with your brothers will last a long, long time than :P . What, if you don't mind me asking, do they do?

For me my first order of business is to finish college. (I'm 19 right now). After that I want to find a job in the game design industry as an artist (3D modeler or something I hope) although I might have to start elsewhere first.

That's pretty much where my life is taking me right now.

:D :D :D

So then I make the concept art, and you make the 3D out of it? :XD:

Seriously, I'm going into the game industry too, just as conceptual artist, wanted it for years. Just need to finish school in Norway, and move over to UK. According to ImagineFX number 16, April 2007, two good schools are in UK, Bristol and Bournemouth.

I'm 17 too, juinor in high school. I dunno what I'm gonna do. Most definitely college. I might go all out and get a bunch of degrees and stuff and then be a teacher or something. If not well, I don't really want a job or anything. I might write something or make something. And money doesn't really appeal to me that much, so I think I'd be happier just kinda living.

Well, I'm 17, done my first semmester of University next week. I always did well in school; my science teachers and peers always figured I would go on to be a scientist or doctor or something (I won the Biology award, and a cash reward from the local clinic at graduation do to high Bio/Chem marks). I just couldn't imagine going through that much school and trouble to be a doctor or scientist or engineer when it's not what I would enjoy in the least, I don't think. I may regret it later, but I highly doubt it.

I'm studying history, because it interests me and I need a degree...I'm not particularly hardcore about history; I love the material but hate what is expected of you...Being a masters student or getting my PhD would be the most boring thing I can imagine.

Essentially, due to my lazy and indifferent nature, I plan to get my Honours degree (with a business minor), then go out into the world of punchclocks and cubicles. I will hate my job, but sooner or later most people end up that way, anyways. Accepting it will just make it easier. I might also take some college courses in business/accounting or other various fields that interest me, so maybe I can eventually get an exec job at a company that is actually interesting.

This is the most likely alternative. Obviously I dream of doing something more interesting, and I hope to pursue those dreams in my spare time. This is just the most likely thing.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Well, I plan to go into a good college after highschool. I plan on becoming an Engineer or have some computer related job in the police force.

Unfortunately, those are my plans for my life. :-X I'd like to have a fun job, making good money, that requires a college education.

I'm a sophomore in high school now. I had planned on being an engineer of some sort but it never really interested me. Now I'm thinking about going into premed. It'd be great if I could get a scholarship to a good medical school. If I don't, I'll probably go to a university here in Texas.

After I start High School and when I finish it, I'm hoping for a career in sports. I'm looking to join a good college football team (Preferrably Berkeley, USC, or UCLA). If not, I'm going to try and become a drug dealer. No, really I am!

Okay, not really. But something that pays good money. REALLY good money.

If I happen to join the NFL, I'm going to give some of my cash to my parents, they would need it more then I ever would. Yeah, I know I'm generous.

I'm only 12, but I'll take my best shot at answering this question.

My short-term goal is to be very active in school organizations and to help those students who feel left behind by the current public education system in the United States. My long-term goal is to become a mathematics teacher at a well regarded university. I'll take all mathematics courses offered at my school, take the SATs, get into a good college, and then get my degree.

:-s

I have no idea what exactly I want to do, but I know that once I finish Year 12 I will do a bridging course in chemistry, then decide what Uni course to go into.

Although, if I can get a business together with my mates I'd rather do that.

untitled-1.png

I'm only 12, but I'll take my best shot at answering this question.

My short-term goal is to be very active in school organizations and to help those students who feel left behind by the current public education system in the United States. My long-term goal is to become a mathematics teacher at a well regarded university. I'll take all mathematics courses offered at my school, take the SATs, get into a good college, and then get my degree.

Your spelling, maturity, appropriate wording and grammar for a 12 year old tells me you're a very smart kid and can definitely make it. I admire that you're so young yet can think of other people other than yourself, your parents should be proud of you. Your ability to plan your future and already understand how university works, is amazing. :-k

You're either not 12 years old or you're very clever. I hope it's the second option :D

igoddessIsig.png

I will go to a HBO education (Higher Profession Education) > Communication and Multimedia Design (CMD) In Arnhem.

I will design graphics for businesses, restaurants, etc. Making websites is a big part of what I will be creating.

There are 2 directions in the CMD education, the 'Designers' and the 'Techies', and we will work together to make websites.

We will make them for real companies, so those projects arent useless.

Cant wait to get started :)

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

Well I want to finish my A levels and do pretty well in them. ( Doing Double ICT, Geography and Biology)

Id like to learn to scuba dive next year and skydive in a couple of years once i get enough money.

Id like to go to Uni to, to do something in ICT although i dont really have much of idea of what i would pick at the moment.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.