Is God real post your thoughts!

Joes_So_Cool

I wonder how many Christians have really read the Bible, personally. I know I haven't, because my copy is paraphrased in modern English, and therefore, definitely not God's exact words.

Well the bible wasn't written by god so no version will be gods exact word.

Yet it is still cited as such

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many Christians have really read the Bible, personally. I know I haven't, because my copy is paraphrased in modern English, and therefore, definitely not God's exact words.

Well the bible wasn't written by god so no version will be gods exact word.

Yet it is still cited as such

Exactly. There should be a disclaimer of that stuff.

If anything I keep a copy of the Bible for some reason or another. There's some small insights to be had from what I got bored and read.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

It does?

:lol:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I learned something funny today, the christian bible says tattoos are evil lolz

Only if you're using it for witchcraft...

Hah, like what? Turning people into toads?

I love how even though its been over 100 years after that these childish beliefs are still being used as an excuse to hate someone.

[/sarcasm] I love society. [sarcasm]

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

If only magic existed.. Haha.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I learned something funny today, the christian bible says tattoos are evil lolz

Only if you're using it for witchcraft...

Hah, like what? Turning people into toads?

I love how even though its been over 100 years after that these childish beliefs are still being used as an excuse to hate someone.

[/sarcasm] I love society. [sarcasm]

I'm just saying read the article more clearly next time....

Now this article is not meant to hurt or offend those that have tattoos, but rather to help people avoid getting tattoos that later on they might regret (especially young people). Many tattoos have evil and witchcraft themes that are portrayed as devil faces, skulls, ugly demonic signs, vulgar pictures, etc. These things hurt the human spirit, just as satanic displays of any kind do. Some tattoos are obviously Satanic as they look devilish, while others may be flowers or innocent looking names or objects but it is the spirit behind this compromise that makes it dangerous for a Christian. God loves the person who has tattoos just as He loves all of us. However, He would rather we did not deface our bodies in any fashion.

If only magic existed.. Haha.

What? Harry Potter was real I tell you!!!

Actually, nevermind.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Honestly, after listening to

, I kind of started to realize that the whole Jesus thing is pretty out there and ridiculous. I mean, walking on water, having people eat his body and all.... Seriously -.- (Don't mean to offend anyone, this is just my opinion) That, along with all the other stuff in christianity, like Noah's Ark and all that stuff, its just so out there, and it seems like someone just made up this stuff. Not to mention that according to them the earth was created in 7 days, and only a couple thousand years ago... However, we have TONS of proof that the earth has been around for billions of years.

As far as "god", I'm not really sure. MAYBE (and thats a big maybe) theres some sort of "higher being" out there, but I really don't know.

Once again, I'm not trying to offend anyone at all, just voicing my opinion.

Well, at least the christian idea of heaven isn't so messed up as the islamic version :thumbdown: .

Figuring that out made me lose faith.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

, I kind of started to realize that the whole Jesus thing is pretty out there and ridiculous. I mean, walking on water, having people eat his body and all.... Seriously -.- (Don't mean to offend anyone, this is just my opinion) That, along with all the other stuff in christianity, like Noah's Ark and all that stuff, its just so out there, and it seems like someone just made up this stuff. Not to mention that according to them the earth was created in 7 days, and only a couple thousand years ago... However, we have TONS of proof that the earth has been around for billions of years.

As far as "god", I'm not really sure. MAYBE (and thats a big maybe) theres some sort of "higher being" out there, but I really don't know.

There is probably some truth to noah's ark. Except for about three every single culture in the world has a story about a global flood. I have never heard about every single culture making up the same exact story.

There is probably some truth to noah's ark. Except for about three every single culture in the world has a story about a global flood. I have never heard about every single culture making up the same exact story.

Yes there is, evidence was found for a major flooding around the time and place of Noah's story.

However, no proof for a god, and Noah's Ark does contradict evolution.

He was to take 2 of each species, a male and a female.

Not only would this cause some serious inbreeding, but it seems impossible for creatures that have died out, as Noah should have had them on this Ark of his.

And why would a god create a creature only for it to die out?

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

Yes there is, evidence was found for a major flooding around the time and place of Noah's story.

However, no proof for a god, and Noah's Ark does contradict evolution.

He was to take 2 of each species, a male and a female.

Not only would this cause some serious inbreeding, but it seems impossible for creatures that have died out, as Noah should have had them on this Ark of his.

And why would a god create a creature only for it to die out?

I said some (pretty much just the water). I by no way believe in the christian bible/religion/cult

Neither do I.

That said, the ideology isn't thát bad, although I oppose much in religion.

It's when I gained knowledge of islam that really made me run away ans despise religion.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

Neither do I.

That said, the ideology isn't thát bad, although I oppose much in religion.

It's when I gained knowledge of islam that really made me run away ans despise religion.

When I got older I started to question it, and I just had to find answers for myself, or the lack of I should say. You know what they say: 'Question everything, trust nothing.'

When I got older I started to question it, and I just had to find answers for myself, or the lack of I should say. You know what they say: 'Question everything, trust nothing.'

Amen to that! :D

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

Amen to that! :D

That's also what made me lose trust in humans as a species, but that's another story.

Where's Zierro? It is time for battle (though if he/she is an atheist there's kind of no point in this stuff...)

No. If I had to give myself a label, it would probably be deist.

I wouldn't be surprised if every primitive culture had their own flood story, but that doesn't mean there was a global flood. It's much more likely that they were all local floods that were incorrectly interpreted to be global. After all, in the past a local flood would have seemed like a global flood; there was no communication with other cultures and no knowledge of high places like Everest. All these people knew was their own local area; it was quite literally the world to them.

I'm pretty sure they think that the Meditteranean (or maybe a different sea, I forget lol) was once landlocked but over time the narrow strip of land eroded away and thus, massive flood. (or maybe that was a dream...)

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Actually, it's about a 50-50 amount of evidence for and against the Creation of the Earth. It's more of a if you see this data, do you have a mind set toward evolution, or creationism?

And I don't know for sure, but I heard archaeologists found Noah's Ark on a mountain in Turkey? And transubstantiation is only believed by Catholics and Methodists. Jesus was more of talking about Symbolism, he didn't actually mean when you drink the grape juice in church, it becomes Jesus' blood with DNA and blood cells in it and such.

And, at that post above about the tattoos, technically piercings are evil also. :lol: My Grandma didn't get her ears pierced til she was 47.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I wouldn't be surprised if every primitive culture had their own flood story, but that doesn't mean there was a global flood. It's much more likely that they were all local floods that were incorrectly interpreted to be global. After all, in the past a local flood would have seemed like a global flood; there was no communication with other cultures and no knowledge of high places like Everest. All these people knew was their own local area; it was quite literally the world to them.

Nearly every culture on the planet has/had myths about dragons, even though the cultures were fully unconnect. This does not mean dragons are real.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain