Should there be a faster weapon than whip?

Dire_Wolf

Based on your oppinions and my own, ive comed to the conclusion that there shoulden't be a faster weapon than whip for now. Also, saradomin sword is the weapon that's better than whip, but it's a shame it cost 15m+. Hopefully there will be more weapons in future...

Thanks for your oppinions. :XD:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on your oppinions and my own, ive comed to the conclusion that there shoulden't be a faster weapon than whip for now. Also, saradomin sword is the weapon that's better than whip, but it's a shame it cost 15m+. Hopefully there will be more weapons in future...

How is it better? you can't use a shield/defender with it.

we DO have a weapon faster than the whip, its called the dart! \'

it can train strength, and it has a very usefull healing spec.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

With the special u can hit 40+, seen someone hit 60

Also its as fast as whip= good

and we use rune defender to hit alot...not to protect.

Darts are range weapon.

And it's sara sword im talking about not sara god sword.

Hehe, they should make an assasin's dagger - something that could only be used once, then break, and you'd have to have Bob repair it for like 100k. Almost always hits though, and the str of the hit is dependant on your att level? (you know, like how you hit them. You have to have high att to hit them good, if you have low att you might hit them in the foot or something and that doesn't really kill someone). :P

Hmm. That's almost irrevelent about the faster wep than whip... about that, NO, there's no way it could be balanced unless it was about same strength as... throwing knives. :|

newsigac5.png

With the special u can hit 40+, seen someone hit 60

Also its as fast as whip= good

and we use rune defender to hit alot...not to protect.

Darts are range weapon.

And it's sara sword im talking about not sara god sword.

i know, i was joking. and sara sword and sara god sword have almost same spec, but sara gs's is more powerfull.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Hmm i think could be one in the future... but the strength would ahve to be really low. Woul be cool to see when you attack u attacked 3 times :D

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Hehe, they should make an assasin's dagger - something that could only be used once, then break, and you'd have to have Bob repair it for like 100k. Almost always hits though, and the str of the hit is dependant on your att level? (you know, like how you hit them. You have to have high att to hit them good, if you have low att you might hit them in the foot or something and that doesn't really kill someone). :P

Hmm. That's almost irrevelent about the faster wep than whip... about that, NO, there's no way it could be balanced unless it was about same strength as... throwing knives. :|

Well if you think there should be one of those daggers, go suggest it in the correct forum instead of hi-jacking this thread :P.

Whip has quite a high strength bonus anyway, if it was slightly faster you could slightly lower the strength bonus and it would be balanced?

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

A whip IS fast...

Lol at the guy who said that "a dagger is faster and still pretty strong". News flash: IT ALREADY IS [dragon dagger] so it'd be illogical to make a new type of dagger, which would be stronger than whip.

Whip is good as it is, Jagex should invest more time to develop other types of weapons like the GodSword, which was indeed a good update.

In other words, I think instead of wanting a "OMG A BETTER TYPE OF WHIP PLX!!!" people should think about it for a second and understand that it'd be much more fun if Jagex created weapons proportionally as good as the whip in their own ways (2h'ed swords, battle axes, war hammers...)

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

If they made such a weapon, it would have to have such a low str bonus (at least lower than 60) for it to work. I would imagine something that hits twice a go. ( Maybe a whip that splits in the middle with two blades... :ohnoes: sounds dangerous.)

Or a twin set of Daggers? Two strikes at once for the price of no shield and less Str Bonus.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

A whip IS fast...

Lol at the guy who said that "a dagger is faster and still pretty strong". News flash: IT ALREADY IS [dragon dagger] so it'd be illogical to make a new type of dagger, which would be stronger than whip.

Whip is good as it is, Jagex should invest more time to develop other types of weapons like the GodSword, which was indeed a good update.

In other words, I think instead of wanting a "OMG A BETTER TYPE OF WHIP PLX!!!" people should think about it for a second and understand that it'd be much more fun if Jagex created weapons proportionally as good as the whip in their own ways (2h'ed swords, battle axes, war hammers...)

I hope jagex realeases a lvl 1000 boss, that drops a really great weapon. And to get this weapon, you have to risk dieing and i really mean dieing, and also that itÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâès hard enough.

As for god wars i didenÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâèt like all the updates. I mean why did armydal boss drop a sword, why not bow for rangers???Also steam battlestaff, zamorak spear? That was a waste, a really big one.

Instead they should made this, that way mages and rangers would get new items to use too:

Armydal - New bow, shouldenÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâèt be overpowered. Example: Thorn bow of armydal: Unlimited arrows, but hits only 4 damages at max.

Zamorak: Zamorak God Staff, instead of two useless items...zamorak spear and steam battle.

I'd like to see some of YOU to try swing a heavy sword faster than a whip is swinging now. It's just not possblie, I mean jagex can do whatever they want, but they have to keep their game somwhat realistic.....

Warning: This potion will explode on contact with the ground.

vic893.png

I'd like to see some of YOU to try swing a heavy sword faster than a whip is swinging now. It's just not possblie, I mean jagex can do whatever they want, but they have to keep their game somwhat realistic.....

In real life, if you train your strength you can lift more weights.

Just as in this game a Sword/mace/Hammer/Whip/flail requires strength level....

So it's realistic. Also the saradomin sword , is big and is as fast as whip...even better. The bad thing is the price.

So it's realistic. Also the saradomin sword , is big and is as fast as whip...even better. The bad thing is the price.

Wtf? Normal short-swords, all maces, (you can't wield hammers), whip, and flail - NONE of them require a str level. Sara sword is not better than a whip either.

r u serious? a scimmy is the fastest weapon and runescape, like a d scim almost just as powerful and about 2x faster then a whip

D scim is same speed as whip - do you two know what you're even talking about?

Wtf? Normal short-swords, all maces, (you can't wield hammers), whip, and flail - NONE of them require a str level. Sara sword is not better than a whip either.

r u serious? a scimmy is the fastest weapon and runescape, like a d scim almost just as powerful and about 2x faster then a whip

D scim is same speed as whip - do you two know what you're even talking about?

I mean warhammer, but i guess that light weapons like whip, b axe, mace, flail dont need much str as they are easy to wield.

But this below aint...and you can see that strength is nesscary, which means the game is relastic.

Great Axe - Weapon requires 70 Attack and 70 Strength.

And you say that saradomin sword is not better than whip? The sword is faster and if you watch taht video youll see what else..

Saradomin Sword Video

If you say whip is better than sara sword after watching that video, then you don\t have a clue about whats good. It is correct that whip is better to in price than sara sword, but sara sword crushes whip in which one is best.

Idk...even if it only hits half as much as whip it still packs a bit if it's twice as fast. Say maxed str and attack hits 40 on whip and they'll hit 20 on this weapon. Since they hit twice as fast, they could hit more than 40 if the other guy can't even hit 40 at all.

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK

but what is the point your saying you want a weapon twice the speed of a whip which hits half as much and cant used for wildy, just buy a whip and if you high enough level youll one hit most training monsters and own most other monsters

jonomb0.png

Barrows Drops: Guthans Helm, Dharok Legs, Ahrims Hood

I mean warhammer, but i guess that light weapons like whip, b axe, mace, flail dont need much str as they are easy to wield.

But this below aint...and you can see that strength is nesscary, which means the game is relastic.

Great Axe - Weapon requires 70 Attack and 70 Strength.

And you say that saradomin sword is not better than whip? The sword is faster and if you watch taht video youll see what else..

Saradomin Sword Video

If you say whip is better than sara sword after watching that video, then you don\t have a clue about whats good. It is correct that whip is better to in price than sara sword, but sara sword crushes whip in which one is best.

How can you say a battleaxe is a light weapon? Anyways, a sara sword ISN'T better than whip. Whip can be used with a dfs adding an additional 7 str bonus than the sara sword. I watched the video, but see nothing new. I know plenty about the sword & the whip. I'm starting to question your intelligence by the ridiculous claims you keep making. Espicially the fact that the sword IS NOT faster than whip. The whip is the fastest melee weapon in the game, and it's even with the dagger, scimmy, and a few others like the sara sword. :anxious: