Should there be a faster weapon than whip?

Dire_Wolf

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wtf? Normal short-swords, all maces, (you can't wield hammers), whip, and flail - NONE of them require a str level. Sara sword is not better than a whip either.

I mean warhammer, but i guess that light weapons like whip, b axe, mace, flail dont need much str as they are easy to wield.

But this below aint...and you can see that strength is nesscary, which means the game is relastic.

Great Axe - Weapon requires 70 Attack and 70 Strength.

And you say that saradomin sword is not better than whip? The sword is faster and if you watch taht video youll see what else..

Saradomin Sword Video

If you say whip is better than sara sword after watching that video, then you don\t have a clue about whats good. It is correct that whip is better to in price than sara sword, but sara sword crushes whip in which one is best.

How can you say a battleaxe is a light weapon? Anyways, a sara sword ISN'T better than whip. Whip can be used with a dfs adding an additional 7 str bonus than the sara sword. I watched the video, but see nothing new. I know plenty about the sword & the whip. I'm starting to question your intelligence by the ridiculous claims you keep making. Espicially the fact that the sword IS NOT faster than whip. The whip is the fastest melee weapon in the game, and it's even with the dagger, scimmy, and a few others like the sara sword. :anxious:

About b axe, in real life people don't find it heavy and i doubt it should be considered a heavy weapon. Also, i said the game has some relastic things by it.

If saradomin sword aint better than whip, tell me...why does sara cost 20m+ , and if you were asked to take whip or saradomin based on price, stats and so on. What weapon would you pick..

You said DFS+WHIP is good, im sure your right it's good. But i think saradomin sword is better. You said you know alot about sara sword , do you happend to have it and a DFS? Cause if you do..test them at duel arena and see which one wins.

[hide]

Wtf? Normal short-swords, all maces, (you can't wield hammers), whip, and flail - NONE of them require a str level. Sara sword is not better than a whip either.

I mean warhammer, but i guess that light weapons like whip, b axe, mace, flail dont need much str as they are easy to wield.

But this below aint...and you can see that strength is nesscary, which means the game is relastic.

Great Axe - Weapon requires 70 Attack and 70 Strength.

And you say that saradomin sword is not better than whip? The sword is faster and if you watch taht video youll see what else..

Saradomin Sword Video

If you say whip is better than sara sword after watching that video, then you don\t have a clue about whats good. It is correct that whip is better to in price than sara sword, but sara sword crushes whip in which one is best.

How can you say a battleaxe is a light weapon? Anyways, a sara sword ISN'T better than whip. Whip can be used with a dfs adding an additional 7 str bonus than the sara sword. I watched the video, but see nothing new. I know plenty about the sword & the whip. I'm starting to question your intelligence by the ridiculous claims you keep making. Espicially the fact that the sword IS NOT faster than whip. The whip is the fastest melee weapon in the game, and it's even with the dagger, scimmy, and a few others like the sara sword. :anxious:

About b axe, in real life people don't find it heavy and i doubt it should be considered a heavy weapon. Also, i said the game has some relastic things by it.[/hide]

If saradomin sword aint better than whip, tell me...why does sara cost 20m+ , and if you were asked to take whip or saradomin based on price, stats and so on. What weapon would you pick..

You said DFS+WHIP is good, im sure your right it's good. But i think saradomin sword is better. You said you know alot about sara sword , do you happend to have it and a DFS? Cause if you do..test them at duel arena and see which one wins.

Umm dude - this is what I'm talking about. You're barely taking any factors into the equation. Of course Sara Sword is like 20m! It just came out in August! The whip has been out how long now? Like 3 years? And after all these months it is still 1.3M! I can bet the sara sword will be that same price if not lower in TWO years. This isn't even a matter of testing.

It's simple, very very simple math.

Saradomin Sword:

+82 Slash

+82 strength

Whip & Rune Defender:

+100 (?) Slash

+87 Strength

Both:

Same speed.

It's quite obvious which to go with. The sara sword is better to train strength than a whip, and a whip is better to train Attack & Defense, as well as overall killing something.

Oh yes, there are Ranged weapons that attacks faster than the Abyssal Whip. Ever heard of darts? Or knives? Or the dwarf multi-cannon?

But I haven't come across a melee weapon that can surpass Speed 6 (which means, 6 blows in 15 seconds).

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

How about a dagger? That's faster and still pretty strong.

I wouldn't agree to anything as strong as the whip but faster. Then pking and killing would be way too easy and pointless.

How about that the weapon was a holy weapon. So when you tried to pk someone with it, a message like this came up:

"The sword refuses to obey evil deeds" or something. That way it woulden't change pking...

Give me reply back :-w

Sounds crazy.

Epee-Signature-2.png

Oh yes, there are Ranged weapons that attacks faster than the Abyssal Whip. Ever heard of darts? Or knives? Or the dwarf multi-cannon?

But I haven't come across a melee weapon that can surpass Speed 6 (which means, 6 blows in 15 seconds).

Ther is? i think darts are faster?

You 2, next time please read through the text before you post, not mean it that you must but you should.

Im so sick of " DARTS, RANGE" ETC! IM ASKING FOR A MELE WEAPON! <.<

They should make claws like that.. I mean, who uses them anyway?

They could increase their speed (and maybe lower damage /shrug) and they could maybe even be worth using, too....

That way there would actually even be a point in making Dragon Claws in the future. Seeing that you can't use a shield with them, they wouldn't been too OP with their supersonic speed, either

Claws look awesome, why not make them useful?

They should make claws like that.. I mean, who uses them anyway?

They could increase their speed (and maybe lower damage /shrug) and they could maybe even be worth using, too....

That way there would actually even be a point in making Dragon Claws in the future. Seeing that you can't use a shield with them, they wouldn't been too OP with their supersonic speed, either

Claws look awesome, why not make them useful?

i like the idea. :shock:

If you done fremrik trials quest, at one trial you have to kill a guy without armor. At 4th fight he is fast as hell, that's type of fastness im pointing at but a tiny bit slow than that. Cause if it was as fast as that then it would be overpowered.

Even if it was slower than that, with mid-range melee stats(~80), and a decent strength/attack bonus for the weapon, you'd be hitting around 60-80 damage every ~10 seconds... The only way this could possibly work would be for it to be extremely weak, with negative bonuses, so that even with maxed stats and great armor, you would only hit 1s and 2s. Besides, what would it be? There really isn't much faster to be than a whip (In terms of weapons appropriate to the setting). You'd have to be breaking the sound barrier several times over every hit for that kind of speed, and frankly, that's not going to happen.

As far as 'faster than the whip' ingame, the only stuff is: Shortbow on rapid, Dds special, other ranged weapons.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

throwing knives

cannon

dagger

mage shortbow spec.................

There u go

Knives been mentioned and he replied to it 3 times

Cannon been mentioned and he replied to it 3 times

Dagger isn't faster than whip rofl

Mage shortbow spec is done ONCE

You need to just leave, honestly

Maybe if claws were the same stats as they are now but attacked faster? They might be used more often and people might not mind not using a shield/defender so they can attack faster. Idea for Dragon Claws maybe?

Just a thought on topic lol.

Interestingly, rangeing has the fastest weapons, darts and knives, and the slowest weapon, dark bow. And in the right place the cannon is extremely fast.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

The game is pretty unstable as it is, a new more improved weapon would throw it off completly. The cap for PvP is 99 HP I beleive a whip can hit in the 40's. So someone with 99 strength and the best strength bonus can kill a 99 HP'er off in 3 hits. Thats already too strong at this stage I think they need to increase the HP cap. With PvM it's pretty much the same deal, sure monsters can have way more HP then players but creating a new weapon would throw training off. More and more players would be getting 99 melee stats way faster because of a new weapon, JaGeX can't really change the strength of monsters eigther because of the players HP cap. I say they fix the combat system before they update it anymore.

Maybe they should take a leaf from blizzard's book, in my opinion WoW has a way better combat system.

siggy.jpg

^Click Siggy for Blog^

I think the speed of the whip is as fast as any single weapon should be. If Jagex insist on creating a faster weapon then it should be a duel weapon that can be wielded in both hands i.e. double-daggers, claws etc... obviously this type of weapon should incurr a defence penalty.

Harrington.gif