Should there be a faster weapon than whip?

Dire_Wolf

What you think of this, i am 100% sure that jagex won't consider this. I mean it takes alot stuff to influence in their new updates. But what's your oppinion on this?

Hers mine:

When i look at whip, i don't exactly see that it hits fast . Infact if i cud pick category from slow to fast it would be "medium". So i hope there will be a real fast weapon that has same function as whip, but only faster than it. Also i hope it's a sword and not a whip, more cooler.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Step 1: Get a piece of string.

Step 2: Get a metal sword.

Step 3: Swing both 50 times each.

Step 4: See which one is faster.

QED

With fast weapon, i mean one that is a bit faster than whip.

If you done fremrik trials quest, at one trial you have to kill a guy without armor. At 4th fight he is fast as hell, that's type of fastness im pointing at but a tiny bit slow than that. Cause if it was as fast as that then it would be overpowered.

How about a dagger? That's faster and still pretty strong.

I wouldn't agree to anything as strong as the whip but faster. Then pking and killing would be way too easy and pointless.

How about that the weapon was a holy weapon. So when you tried to pk someone with it, a message like this came up:

"The sword refuses to obey evil deeds" or something. That way it woulden't change pking...

Give me reply back :-w

the cannon if set up in the right place is fastest weapon on the game

also i noticed d scimmy hits pretty much same time as whip so...

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

I wouldn't agree to anything as strong as the whip but faster. Then pking and killing would be way too easy and pointless.

How about that the weapon was a holy weapon. So when you tried to pk someone with it, a message like this came up:

"The sword refuses to obey evil deeds" or something. That way it woulden't change pking...

Idk... it's just that monsters are already dying fast enough with the current weapons. If they increased the average damage per second the weapon would do, then the monsters would only get tougher and then people would want stronger weapons.

I personally think Jagex has the weapons at a pretty good damage level right now and if they were to change the speed or damage the weapons could potentially do, then the game would become unstable in a way that either monsters would die too fast or too slow. Currently there aren't too many complaints about weapons, so it would probably be a good idea to keep them at the same pace and strength until people really start complaining.

However, this doesn't mean Jagex should stop making new weapons. I think that the "Holy Weapon" idea of yours is good and could be a nice addition to the game. However, instead of being faster, maybe making it cost less so that more average people could obtain it.

Idk... it's just that monsters are already dying fast enough with the current weapons. If they increased the average damage per second the weapon would do, then the monsters would only get tougher and then people would want stronger weapons.

I personally think Jagex has the weapons at a pretty good damage level right now and if they were to change the speed or damage the weapons could potentially do, then the game would become unstable in a way that either monsters would die too fast or too slow. Currently there aren't too many complaints about weapons, so it would probably be a good idea to keep them at the same pace and strength until people really start complaining.

However, this doesn't mean Jagex should stop making new weapons. I think that the "Holy Weapon" idea of yours is good and could be a nice addition to the game. However, instead of being faster, maybe making it cost less so that more average people could obtain it.

So true, what you say. Based on what i have said, the "holy blade" is description of Saradomin Sword :o But that costs 15m +!! So your so right there. :thumbsup:

Maybe a dagger that is faster - it is really weak (like similar to iron or so), but fast and never hits a 0... could be potentially useful to finish someone off in staking or PKing but would definitely not be the primary weapon with a max hit of like only 7 or so (and like 4 average)

Sorta like what happens when you dont have a light source, except slower & more powerful

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Maybe a dagger that is faster - it is really weak (like similar to iron or so), but fast and never hits a 0... could be potentially useful to finish someone off in staking or PKing but would definitely not be the primary weapon with a max hit of like only 7 or so (and like 4 average)

Sorta like what happens when you dont have a light source, except slower & more powerful

That sounds interesting, but i don't think i would use that =;

If they made such a weapon, it would have to have such a low str bonus (at least lower than 60) for it to work. I would imagine something that hits twice a go. ( Maybe a whip that splits in the middle with two blades... :ohnoes: sounds dangerous.)

No witty signatures for me :(

If they made such a weapon, it would have to have such a low str bonus (at least lower than 60) for it to work. I would imagine something that hits twice a go. ( Maybe a whip that splits in the middle with two blades... :ohnoes: sounds dangerous.)

I can't imagen something like that would be popular with me :notalk: But i don't know, it's almost similiar idea like if whip should be poisenious.

That sounds interesting, but i don't think i would use that =;

Well, I'd be cool and all to have a really fast weapon that's as strong/stronger than a whip, but I doubt it would be balanced :P (obviously everyone would use a faster/stronger version of a whip)

So, I'm just trying to make it more reasonable :D 8-)

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Yes, but that was what i was thinking. That it would be unbalanced, but not to bad idea though. :-X

but fast and never hits a 0... could be potentially useful to finish someone off in staking or PKing but would definitely not be the primary weapon with a max hit of like only 7 or so (and like 4 average)

l

This sounds like Dragon dagger poisened...that the poisen rips hp down.

If weapons were to be made faster, attack and str bonus has to be penalised so it doesn't become overpowered. I feel that only range should retain its unique feature of fastest weapons. Look at darts anyway, a whip can hit 52 max, a d dart can only hit like what? 17ish max? and not very accurate

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

There's a balance that has to be maintained. If Jagex is going to upset this balance at such a... delicate, time, then it would be... not good. Even though it is possible to one-hit other players in this game (dharok's, people have hit over 100), People have their defenses, and a new weapon would eventually adjust...

Just... not yet <.<

There's a balance that has to be maintained. If Jagex is going to upset this balance at such a... delicate, time, then it would be... not good. Even though it is possible to one-hit other players in this game (dharok's, people have hit over 100), People have their defenses, and a new weapon would eventually adjust...

Just... not yet <.<

Heh, 100 is on Shades using a Salve(e). Plus the conditions used in that test (1HP) are nearly impossible to get in PvP matches.

The answer to your question is Darts and Knives. They are about 2x as fast as Barrows weapons (I think...) and can hit near 20. However, they are not comparable to the whip due to their extremely low accuracy.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Well, frankly, THAT'D BE COMPLETELY STUPID. The whip is meant to be powerful, but if you make something that is fast and powerful, it will be abused, and it will make everything way too easy.