Zombie Plans-Revised

scootlaboot

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The book describes the most commonly used sort of zombie and as thus is the correct thing to use.

How about we start talking about ghouls, they're basically zombies but changed (and healed) by radiation and don't necessarily attack everyone.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

The book describes the most commonly used sort of zombie and as thus is the correct thing to use.

How about we start talking about ghouls, they're basically zombies but changed (and healed) by radiation and don't necessarily attack everyone.

One could argue that, present day, Twlight Vampires are more common than Blade or Dracula type Vampires...It doesn't mean that all vampires hence forth should be based off of Twlight...indeed it would be rather terrible if they were.

With fiction(Lets face it, Zombies are fictional, the closest real zombies will be is Monday Mornings minus Coffee), it is important to create a wide canvas, not limiting yourself to one or two small concepts.

Since, if we are going off a book which requires you to be bitten within 23 hours of death, and 'The Zombie Apocolypse' isn't based off said book, then you are gonna kill yourself inefficently and come back as a Zombie anyway.

Though, ultimately, it is a game, and Resident Evil is a game, thus making the T-Cell Zombie more related :lol:

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Urrrgh, Ghouls are not radioactive zombies. GTFO Fallout.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I strongly recommend you guys read this.

I think that is a very well thought-out and realistic concept. You guys want to discuss based on it?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Erm the virus is literally the same as every zombie virus ever.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

We aldready undetsand you like the comic, and i like it myself, but there need not be discussion from it. Although, the zombie types are hilariously devious!

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

What about spinal damage...or even severing the head?

Technically not brain damage, but the effect should be deadly, since the interaction between Brain and body would be interupted.

It would also mean there was no definate way to tell if you had it or not...save for killing yourself...or pouring blood into the mouth of someone who is DEFINATELY not infected and then killing them.

The zombie hunters was first found by me, I need all credit.

Give me credit people :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Joking.

I agree with Archi, complete destruction of the brain is almost impossible (I mean, unless you had a whisk or something), however decapitation or damage to the spinal chord is much more realistic.

[Falador tavern]

They thought the same about SUE, but how did that work out? :-w

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I would load a bag full of shotgun shells and stay on the move until I run out of gas in which case I would go into the woods and take advantage of trees. (Surely zombies can't climb, can they?)

Besides the shotgun, I would also have 2 khukri's-one for strictly combat (with a hollow ground edge made from something like cpm s30v steel) and the other for machete type use as well as a firestriker, pocket knife, sharpening stones, and a pistol or magnum with a handfull of shells thrown in pockets. I would still be staying on the move and would only fight if confronted else it would be inevitable that I get my ass kicked sooner or later. I would setup temporary camps with various traps made surrounding them. I think that would work quite well-self reliance with protection of tree tops and traps made from nature. Ofc..everything would be hell if the zombies learned to climb trees. :ohnoes:

Remember a coupla hundred pages back when there was the BAIT or whatever it was called. ^He needs to join it.

1. Shotguns are loaded by inserting one, two for a double barrel shells at a time. If you ran into a large group then you are virtually screwed unless you got help, as you'll get swarmed while you reload.

2. Khukri for close combat. The chances are if you need it for close combat, which you shouldn't really get into with a zombie, then you've either got surprised, and are likely to get bitten as you draw it, or have run out of ammo. Unless you can find a lot of ammo, you won't last long. using one for a machete type use is a good idea though.

3. Magnum or pistol is good, with skill you can load them quite quickly (if you have a speed loader for a magnum) and the magnum has enough power to blast a reasonably large hole in a zombies head. Bring more than a few bullets, and save one for yourself if the situation gets dire.

4. Woods-traps would take a long time to make, during which time you may get attacked. hiding up a tree isn't going to do anything, as they'll just wait at the bottom or if they can, climb. Maybe if your woods were connected to a lake then you could build a shelter on an island in the middle, or close to the edge so you have a quick getaway, assuming you have a boat of some type to get away in.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I stick by my melee weapon of choice. Though a Khukri or Axe would have more practical value, a smooth-headed morningstar sort of weapon would be ideal for combat. Long reach, not likely to get stuck, easy to handle.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

What would be really cool, probably not very handy, but really cool, was if you had a Triffid beside you when the Zombie Apoc began...Since Zombies only seem to eat meat, and are generally thought to be extremely slow, the Triffid should have a very high level of advantage.

Of course if you had the triffid in advance you could injest a small amount of the venom every day, giving you eventual immunity.

Since Triffids are supposed intelligent they would target the Zombies first, as they are slow and resiliant(more food), while Humans are fast and weak.

Then you would simply wait a week or so, ideally you would have some books to help this, then go and look for Human surviours, bring them back to your base of operations, feed them triffid enhanced foods for a few weeks, while you built a wall of some kind...Build a little community with farmland...

Eventually get around to building a Triffid Oil Generator, capture a triffid, dock it, harvest the oil whenever.

So, in effect, the two curses cancel each other out...Though eventually you would be facing a planet dominated by Triffids rather than Zombies...but you have...about a hundred years? before the Triffids spread beyond the regional area(Assuming you started with one)...allowing you to build weapons to kill both, taking back Terra one Triffid/Zombie at a time.

Now...If only we had a triffid to start with.

It's an evil plant of doom from an old horror movie.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Triffids are fictional plants that eat humans and other large animals, with an extremely potent venom.

They were introduced in the book 'Day of the Triffids', where they were commonplace since they produced cheap oil, and were exotic...so everyone had one in their garden, docked of its stinger, obviously(Which regrew after 3 years).

There was a celestial event and anyone who saw the event went blind, thus removing the key advantage that humans had over the Triffids, allowing them to take over.

British Classic.

Anyway, Zombie Triffids? Would there be a difference? :thumbup:

Though the concept of animals refusing to eat infected meat has 2 main flaws:

1. Staving animal is gonna eat the food.

2. Animals having a sixth sense for viruses is total fantasy, I can understand half rotten or some such, but if there were two lumps of meat, identical except for the virus, then why would animals be able to tell the difference and not humans?

Feral dogs would slaughter a zombie, and should a zombie go into hibernation they would even be in danger from goats.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Aeon, combat shotguns normally holds up to six or eight hulls.

Nah, really? I meant you load the shells 1 at a time, unless it's something like one of these bad boys:

aa-12_shotgun_20060113_013_web_lores.jpg

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

• 1 month later...

I've always been fairly interested in reading Zombie Survival threads, if anyone else is interested there is a forum named zombie squad that provides some really helpful advice for surviving the Zombie Apocalypse.

I've been planning a bug out situation for a long time and haven't actually got around to anything yet.

The first thing to start with is preparation, you almost certainly need to plan in advance if you are willing to get anyway. Preparation for the zombie apocalypse will put you in good stead for the rest of your life. No matter how well trained you are or how good your survival skills are your going to get absolutely without a good shelter and knife.

Making sure you have a good bag to carry everything is critical, I recommend a medium sized rucksack for day to day wear (carrying hunting equipment, weapons, medication and any other day to day accessory’s) and than a large duffle bag which will be kept at your base (suspended up a tree, in a building) this set up minimizes the weight day to day but allows you to carry more.

For the rucksack I recommend getting a high quality 'tactical' version as I've experienced ripping in my schoolbag, I hate to see how a standard rucksack would fair carrying weapons and survival essentials.

This rucksack looks extremely tough and with a lifetime guarantee I don't think its likely to break.

I think to most people shelter is an overlooked factor, people just think they're either zombie killing or walking. Shelter is one of the most important factors of life and if your not going to stay in an urban environment your going to need some sort of shelter.

I personally recommend buying a hammock, sideways zip sleeping bag and tarp. You can easily fix the sleeping bag to two separate things and then use paracord to fix the tarp over the sleeping bag. You now have a suspended tent.

Your not going to have supermarkets in the post apocalyptic world, your going to need to pack lots of none perishables that will keep you stuffed for at least fifteen days. I recommend buying about fifteen, assuming that these last you about two days each then you have thirty days worth of food! Despite having a lot of prepacked food its not going to last you forever. Make sure you bring a high quality fishing rod in case you stumble upon a lake.

If your going hunting you are going to need a good weapon to take down animals.

The cold steel Bird & Trout knife is perfect for gutting animals.

Without a proper home to live in your going to need to conserve heat, make sure you get hold of a good warm and rugged coat. This coat is not only a raincoat it is also bulletproof and will offer protection against zombie claws and bites.

I recommend getting thermal vests, these are incredibly helpful. They won't warm you up too much but they will conserve heat really well.

Get a couple of good jumpers I once found a Norwegian shooting vest however I can't seem to find the link anymore. Military elbow and knee pads will also be extremely useful.

Apart from that, I recommend bringing lots of spares.

some good trousers.

You are definitely going to be needing some good equipment in the zombie apocalypse, good equipment gets the job done faster and safer with a minimal amount of effort.

The list below covers things that you might need

Entrenching tool

Hatchet

A whistle

Paracord (Obviously!!!)

Carabiner's (Extremely useful for holding string, improvised knuckle duster against humans, climbing accessory)

The hand and feet climbing gear could be useful.

Leatherman

Firesteel

Solar chargers

Water purifiers

seeds

Sabercut saw

Collapsible pans

And more.

Weapons are a crucial part of living in a post apocalyptic world, they are required to fight zombies and humans alike. Due to my location getting hold of most firearms is highly illegal so if I want to be safe I will have to resort to Melee weapons. Below I have listed my top five weapons.

Number 5

A sledgehammer is not a very versatile tool but it is almost certainly going to be able to smash a zombies head open and destroy the brain. Despite being extremely powerful on the offensive it is an extremely cumbersome weapon to lug about and with minimal other uses its a no go weapon for me.

Number 4

A framing hammer is a large hammer that civilians can get hold of easily, functioning like a war hammer it can bash skulls in with ease. Cheap and easy to acquire this is a great weapon for the poor man.

Number 3

The woodsman pal is a deadly tool designed to cut down tree's. Made of tough skill it can easily decapitate or crush the skull of a zombie.

Number 2

The cold steel war club, a fantastic weapon designed to cave in skulls. Light and requiring no maintenance it is the optimal weapon for a zombie apocalypse.

Number 1

Titanium piping cut at an angle, call me mad but if you look at some of the experiments online (google: straw through potato) you will see that despite a plastic straw being incredibly weak its shape will allow easy entry. Easy to make and extremely light this is a perfect weapon for destruction of a zombie head.

Also, the Chinese war sword by cold steel is incredibly powerful as well.

Two handed machete

EDIT: Also, using a loud gun like the AA-12 featured above is stupid! Silenced guns won't attract more zombies!

qTLQRuS.png

• 1 month later...

Live on a houseboat powered by solar power off the coast of africa which has my own garden/green house to grow all of my own food as well as fishing nets and the technology to utilize hydrolysis to for cooking said fish. This is anchored about a mile off shore.

Great success.

Unless zombies can swim?

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Probably not. However, nice as it would be, hurricanes will still exist without any humans to blame. :rolleyes:

RIP Dawngate ;-;