Zombie Plans-Revised

scootlaboot

I'm planning for classic zombies, I've never done anything like this before and haven't really bothered to read it all yet but I'll give it a go, rate me :thumbup:.

Preplanning

Preplanning is the most useful thing a person can do, of course most people probably won't do it, I of course will preplan (probably for other events like war and natural disasters). People in this thread are always taking about how a trench knife is the best weapon against zombies, it may be but do you have a trench knife? Do you have a shaolin spade or whatever else would be classed as a good weapon. You have an axe and you have a hammer I bet, it would be better to start talking about them than unobtainable weapons.

Stuff

A good tough holdall (holds everything)

Axe/Machete & hammer (Machete is best zombie killing weapon, Axe is good)

Permanent match or weatherproof lighter. (lighting fires is an important life line, keeps you warm, keeps you sane, keeps you well fed)

Walking shoes. (your going to be doing a lot of walking)

Medication (inc. Worming pills, Water purifier, Antibiotic, Asprin, Alcohol, Salt) (obvious)

Parachord (long as possible) (tied between two tree's with waterproof sheet makes tent,

Waterproof sheet. (tent, canvas)

Picnic mat & blanket. (bottom of tent, blanket to keep warm)

Fold up shovel. (digging traps, moats)

Clothes, waterproof, socks, soap, toothbrush, pants. (obvious)

And as much non-perishable food you can fit in (not to the top so if you open it you can still find other things quickly)

plan

go to the forest (there is a couple of forests nearby) which due to my location won't be filled with bears or wolves, set up a camp near a tree and keep constantly moving, if zombies come run. Camp near a tree and hammer wooden nails in to aid in zombie escaping (see a zombie run up the tree). Eat rabbits and other forest dwellers. Bring a friend or three.

1: How is a machete the best weapon

2: Rabbits will kill you.

I read an article on the internet which with science explain why a zombie apocalypse will fail before anything serious happens.

I read a book recently where, rather than becoming undead, everyone who was alive during some kind of unknown mass infection became badly ill in quick succession and either died or became brain damaged from fever and feral, and then proceeded to go after any available food source. The book also described people who had died in the streets, and subsequently rotted and sometimes went into a state where they either exploded randomly or burst apart from any impact.

Grim, do you mean I should use it for cars? I disagree cars are just a waste of time if your in a forest.

But I could always use other flammabless: oil, lighter fluid, alcohol and best of all hay! You could throw hay with little oil on to zombies and it would stick to them, burning them to a cinder.

Alcohol could be stored for wounds, at home I have some [drinkable] alcohol that fares well in cleaning.

Icu, I read it too on cracked: zombies would still pose a threat especially in America and England. And the one about predators is wrong, dogs can smell dead meat and so can most other animals, you don't think if I wiggle a rotten bacon slice around a dog would eat it.

Also natural decay would take place over a long period of time

Dogs will eat nearly anything. I think the biggest danger, though, is herds of goats...

As stated on cracked, it is proven in nature that any virus not stealthy is going to easily get cured, and another thing pointed out is biting is a poor transfer, once we become aware of the virus, which wouldn't take long, we're probably looking at 10,000 infected, MAX, and that if it starts in a highly populated area where people don't think people shambling and groaning is unusual. Thats when "they're zombies and beyond curing we should kill them before anyone else dies" Zombies prove extremely ineffective against anything with a gun and that could run

Black plague wasn't very stealthy.

As to the rest of your post: in the early stages, zombies could strike very easily when people weren't paying attention. Imagine a crowded bar. Everyone assumes he's just a drunk. He starts biting random people. 5 people total. A day later 3 come back and go into comas. Everyone assumes they passed out. They stand back up and bite more people.

It's also worth noting that this would occur most in super urban spots in 3rd world countries. And besides that, it's supposed to be a mutated rabies virus, which means that certain other animals could transfer it to humans.

Super urban + 3rd world country... + paranoid dictators who shoot/gas anything that annoys/scares them. 3rd world countries would likely fair well.

Uuuh in bars people who attack others get chucked out REALLY quickly... Security in bars is really tight, cause fights happen all the time, and people who are passed out are either sent to the hospital or chucked on the street.

Yes the black plague wasn't stealthy at all cause people totally knew what germs were and they totally knew it was fleas. We'll know what is causing it within hours.

And if the rabies part is true, then the biggest danger is birds, but why would they be attracted to humans? They'll stay in their hunting grounds most likely.

What about in a movie theater? It would take ages for security to throw them out.

needless to say there are a near infinite number of ways that zombies could infect people in low security areas of third world countries, which would eventually spread to larger countries.

Even if 1/10,000 of Americans were stupid enough to get infected (probably more, but for the sake of argument) 35,000 people would be infected. Think about places like urban China, refugee camps in the Middle East, somalia, south africa.

Recommended: To truly understand the magnitude of how a zombie apocalypse could start, read World War Z by Max Brooks.

A movie theater? Ever watched "Scary Movie?" They don't need security. :P

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A machete is good for assassination + survival, preferably a kukhri due to its shape which is optimal for decapitation as well as having both ease in cutting/chopping and flaying, also its reputation will ensure that upon saving another person that spreads the word, those who have heard of you will also fear getting on your bad side.

Also your best option is to find a wilderness where man has taken its toll on predators, like in Norway (this is not bragging, this is in fact bad) where we have only a few bears, vipers and lynx and the wolf is in an early process of reintroduction after extinction.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

... You're [developmentally delayed]ed. Sorry, but really. You're going to want a weapon that smashes the head and doesn't get caught in the wound. And as for reputation? Who's to say there would ever be significant contact between individuals. And reputation with a sword doesn't matter to someone with a gun, bow, or slingshot. Wouldn't do your reputation good anyways if some guy sees you in action and then nearly gets bitten by a head that landed next to his foot.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

And reputation with a sword doesn't matter to someone with a gun, bow, or slingshot.

Or a bowgun, slingshotgun, slingshotbow or any other combination of ranged weapons. :o

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

It's not good as a melee weapon, its the ultimate combination of a tool and an assassins weapon. The Gurkha, the users of kukhris were famous for sneaking into enemy camps during night and decapitate the guards, the others who found the headless guards still on their posts the morning afterwards usually fled.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Actually if I remember correctly the guide states that a broken spine (if the nerves etc. are severed) would probably paralyze the zombie from the point of the break down (but if you can sever the nerves in the spine you can probably decapitate the zombie).

LNYvk.png

Mather, since when is it a good idea to try and sneak up on a pack of zombies and try to assasinate one of them? Hammers, regular swords, ranged weapons SO YOU DONT end up getting yourself zombified from trying to be a ninja with an australian bush knife....

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

And who says thats going to do anything. All that will prove is that your stupid enough to use a small knife as your main weapon, when most of the time there is going to be a whole crapload of the bastards raring to bite you.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Guest Mrmegakirby

*Cracks knuckles*

Remember, Zombies are not your biggest danger in an outbreak, depending on your plan. Mine involves getting far away from civilization, so I would need ways to get food.

If you stay in a city, you face the danger of gov. bombings, large military "KILL EVERYTHING THAT MOVES" sprees, huge amounts of Zombies, scavengers, other survivors smart enough to shoot before waiting to see if it's a zombie, gas explosions, fires, and, more zombies.

If you stay in a town, you face smaller groups of less-organised survivors, large amounts of zombies, a small chance of a military attack, and, again, Zombies.

If you stay in the wild, you face a serious lack of food (If, and only if you're unexperienced) lack of "good" shelter, lack of easy water (Unless you find a lake, or river), dangerous animals and the occasional, very rare zombie.

A city may provide access to food/water/supplies, but due to the huge number of people, it likely would be raided by other people.

A town provides resources, especially food/water/shelter, and, importantly, weapons.

The wild provides no resources if you can't find them, but total freedom from Zombies.

Thoughts of each environment? (Or, any I forgot.)

In my case most of the disadvantages of the wild are non-existant, there are probably more than 100 lakes and twice as many creeks in the vincinity of Drammen and cliffs are aboundant too and allows for easy construction of a large lean-to.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

IMHO, a hunting slingshot is one of the better weaponry options. Improvised ammo, light and small, and still lethal. A crossbow would be best if you for some reason wanted to shoot a zombie at long range, but I believe we've already discussed why that might not be a good idea. I think the ideal melee weapon against a zombie would be a morningstar without the spikes. Long reach, easy to use, won't get stuck, and can easily break open a zombie's head. A flail of some sort might also work, if you know how to use one, because it would be lighter. I agree that fire is good, if it doesn't alert zombies, molotov cocktails would be incredibly useful and potentially life-saving if you had to deal with a large group of zombies.

What alerts a zombie to human presence, anyways? One would assume that sounds distinctly human would attract zombies within earshot, as well as the moans of another zombie. However, this could easily be used to a human's advantage if they remotely generated sounds, for example a gun in another part of the city set up to fire on a timer or with a switch. If a zombie sees a human, obviously they would attack, but wouldn't their eyes go quite quickly after being zombified? And wouldn't something that appeared human mislead them? I believe it would be amusing if a near-blind zombie mistook something like a gorilla or bear for a human. Smell would be the biggest threat to a survivor, as without hygeine it would be very difficult to cover up human smells. One might attempt to match the odors of his area, or simply dampen his own scent, but in a city this would be difficult and dangerous as the stench might require you to roll in less-pleasant substances such as waste and garbage.

Once again, though, I'm unfamiliar with the time it would take for an eye, nose, or ear to rot. Once they did, though, the zombie would quickly become practically harmless to those out of arm's length and might even attack fellow zombies mistakenly. And one must wonder, how long does it take for the throat or lungs to rot enough to disable the capacity for a moan...

RIP Dawngate ;-;

A body is mostly rotten 10-20 days after death. Damage to the body would be sped up by a zombie's movement. I'd guess the eyes would last only a few days at most before the zombie went blind.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

A body is mostly rotten 10-20 days after death. Damage to the body would be sped up by a zombie's movement. I'd guess the eyes would last only a few days at most before the zombie went blind.

According to Zombie Survival Guide canon, the zombie virus kills pretty much all life forms that try to eat it, etc. so rotting is slowed down a ton, since that includes bacteria.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Guest Mrmegakirby

I had an elaborate post typed up - twice, but then chrome failed on me.

To sum it up, all life forms have the Instinct to run from zombies. This includes maggots, and perhaps bacteria?

Edit: Would it be a good idea to carry a secured Zombie head with you, or some form of solanum, to protect you from wild animals or even insects?

Oh ok, I know a few would.

I wouldn't stay at the school at a zombie invasion, a hierarchy would be maintained with teachers at the top which would not help.

[Falador tavern]

Do you not worry about teachers and a gradual collapse of society within the school?

I'd love to try it, it would make a great social experiment.

[Falador tavern]

I'm just saying that there would be a gradual collapse of society, the younger generation (IE you) would be the weakest against the older students, a new society would form in which the strongest get the rations and who's to say different, I'm sure that teachers would have authority for a bit but after trouble started breaking out than it would break into a lord of the flies situation.

Ross's EVIL ALTEREGO HAS SPOKEN!!!!

[Falador tavern]

I'm almost certian it would, it would probably be a lot slower than normal but teachers would be protective, students would be annoyed and just imagine a teacher trying to hand out sanctions? I don't think any power would be given to teachers and instead it would be given to the older students by default, it would be a living hell unless you left.

[Falador tavern]

Most epic anti-zombie weapon in existance.

tzh20070409.jpg

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I disagree with Ross. I think that the break down in society would be faster than regular, because let's face it, kids are idiots.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.