Happy 29th birthday, Andrew Gower!

ixfd64

Today, December 3rd, is Andrew Gower's birthday. Assuming that I remember things correctly, he should be turning 29 today!!

(Wikipedia says that Andrew is born in 1979, but some time before his birthday in 2001, he said that he was 22. I remember that, on December 3rd, 2001, Andrew made a small change on RS and said something along the lines of "Today is my birthday, so happy birthday to me and everyone else whose birthday is today!" Unfortunately, no-one seems to have saved that piece of news, so it may have been lost forever, because the Internet Archive is blocked from crawling the RS site.)

Edit: I almost forgot, it's Lightning's birthday as well!

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well if i remember correctly, he was among the richest young adults of England, so it would put him below 30, and i also remember reading it was his birthday in 01 or 02

well if i remember correctly, he was among the richest young adults of England, so it would put him below 30, and i also remember reading it was his birthday in 01 or 02

with the 9 million people who play this game , say only 7 million actually pay the 5$ premium ... I would say he is damn rich ... do the math ... PER MONTH

and you know damn well his monthly expenses aren't even close to that.

dravensigki6.jpg

Started January 2001

with the 9 million people who play this game , say only 7 million actually pay the 5$ premium ... I would say he is damn rich ... do the math ... PER MONTH

Actually only between 1 million and two million people pay. ;)

Happy B-Day Andrew.

I'd give you a B-day present, but I can't afford nice things since you took staking away(sarcasm, and no I am not or was a staker).

He's only 29??? Jeez, I feel like I've failed with my life.

my g/f birthday is today , 12-3-1978 , and she is 29 ... so... ...

So, wait... Andrew Gower is really Andrea Gower, and (s)he's your girlfriend? I'm so confused... or did I read too much into that?

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

+ They pay the incomes of hundreds of employees + server costs etc. He's still a millionaire but its not like he's got his own private Pool filled with $100 bills.

Anyway Happy B'day Andrew, I'm sure you're currently crawling the Rs fansites at the present moment searching for any Birthday threads you might find on yourself. :uhh:

lets say at the 300 employees , 40 hours per week , and a salary of say 40$ an hour that is 480k per week , 4 weeks brings it to 1.92m per month

say server costs are hell 1m per month that is 2.92m per month in just overhead. Jagex does NO paid advertising so no costs there. And lets just say according to the 1 previous post is correct that there are 2m paid accounts per month at 10m per month ... that is still 7 MILLION profit. and if his statement of it being say 1m paid account per month , 2 million per month profit. Now I am no genius here , and nor do I know if any of the figures is correct BUT ... DAYAM

dravensigki6.jpg

Started January 2001

It's fantastic that he's a self made millionaire and he's still in his 20s.

Hope he has a great birthday.

N.B.. maybe that's why BHS hasn't been posted for December yet. Andy is having a day off, and the guys in the office are slacking off ;) ;)

Harrington.gif

So, wait... Andrew Gower is really Andrea Gower, and (s)he's your girlfriend? I'm so confused... or did I read too much into that?

Err...no. I'm quite sure that Andrew Gower is a male.

Err...Dravenstormn? You're an adult? Pardon me for asking, but I rarely see adults playing RuneScape.

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

lets say at the 300 employees , 40 hours per week , and a salary of say 40$ an hour that is 480k per week , 4 weeks brings it to 1.92m per month

say server costs are hell 1m per month that is 2.92m per month in just overhead. Jagex does NO paid advertising so no costs there. And lets just say according to the 1 previous post is correct that there are 2m paid accounts per month at 10m per month ... that is still 7 MILLION profit. and if his statement of it being say 1m paid account per month , 2 million per month profit. Now I am no genius here , and nor do I know if any of the figures is correct BUT ... DAYAM

Server costs are probably more than that, and don't forget that Andrew isn't the only one behind this, Paul is also involved and probably gets quite a large share of it.

Err...no. I'm quite sure that Andrew Gower is a male.

Err...Dravenstormn? You're an adult? Pardon me for asking, but I rarely see adults playing RuneScape.

I would imagine he is or he is one lucky boy. Us adults are everywhere.

Happy birthday andrew! They really should post these things on the official site. Make a sticky for him on official forums if they havnt.

Server costs are probably more than that, and don't forget that Andrew isn't the only one behind this, Paul is also involved and probably gets quite a large share of it.

Their employees make way less than 40$ an hour.

They make about 10 pounds an hour (20K a year), on average, which translates to a bit less than 20 bucks an hour.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: